Football

*I*LOVE*JIMMY!!

Yeah, guys are just bigger and stronger now. "The Hogs" were the most dominant offensive line of the 80's, but when you go back and look at the stats, Joe Jacoby, Jeff Bostic, and Russ Grimm averaged about 270 lbs. The average lineman nowadays is probably around 310 lbs.

Yeah like i said Urlacher is 6-4 and 260 and could run as fast as OLB or saftey, some wideouts also.

That's a good 'D'...but the Bears roster of Richard Dent, Dan Hampton, Steve McMichael, Refrigerator Perry, Mike Singletary, Otis Wilson, and Wilbur Marshall is a pretty tough one too.

But hey, that's what sports discussions are all about..."who was better, X or Y?"

The 85 bears were awesome. The Steelers didn't allow anyone to rush over 50 yards in any playoff game that year, including the Super Bowl.

For defense the '71 Vikings deserve some mention. That was the year defensive lineman Alan Page won the league MVP award. The regular season was 14 games then and they gave up a total of 139 points for the entire season.

The 85 bears were awesome. The Steelers didn't allow anyone to rush over 50 yards in any playoff game that year, including the Super Bowl.

The 85 bears didn't allow anybody to score, except a walter payton fumble field goal and a touchdown in garbage time. They held the pats to -17 yards of rushing.

That was a really cool catch, but I would rate the catch the guy with the Giants made in the most recent super bowl as the best Super Bowl catch ever. It was for a terrific gain at a critical time and the guy was an unknown. His teamates said he had been dropping passes in practice all week. Sorry I can't think of his name---it was in the last drive of the game. Any Giants fan should be able to name him.

He fell with the ball on top of his helmit and held on after he landed.

Looks like Seattle lost another player to domestic violence To bad they let S. Alexander out of his contract six years early. He had some tough times but everytime we lose a player, it's to someone else's benefit. If Seattle starts out slowly, Holmgren will be out by mid season.

That was a really cool catch, but I would rate the catch the guy with the Giants made in the most recent super bowl as the best Super Bowl catch ever. It was for a terrific gain at a critical time and the guy was an unknown. His teamates said he had been dropping passes in practice all week. Sorry I can't think of his name---it was in the last drive of the game. Any Giants fan should be able to name him.

He fell with the ball on top of his helmit and held on after he landed.

I agree. That was a great catch too. I was rooting for the Giants all the way. :D

The Lions will screw it up. They're the worst drafters of all time, and their drafts under Matt Millen since 2000 have been abyssmal. There are so many holes at so many positions, but they need to take a running back, an offensive lineman, and a defensive lineman primarily.

Here is what ESPN says about them in their draft capsule...

Not only have they been miserable in the first round with nine picks in the past eight years and only one playing above expectations, but the Lions have been awful in the draft period. There just is not much young talent on this team. Eight of the nine selections have been on offense, including four wide receivers in a six-year stretch, and only two have had an impact (OT Jeff Backus and WR Roy Williams). WR Calvin Johnson, the '07 first-round pick, will develop, but with Mike Martz moving on to San Francisco and aging QB Jon Kitna, who is not a quality starter, this offense may take a step back. The biggest question is: Can anyone get the ball to Williams and Johnson? Matt Millen has been one of the worst general managers in the game over his tenure and until that changes, the Lions will continue to be among the worst teams in the NFL.

The lions should draft Mario mannigham from Michigan. LOL

I would like to see the bears pick OL in the first.

a safety in the 2nd

WR in the 3rd

The QB from Hawaii may still be around in the 4th

RB 5th

OL 6th

We need a spacial teamer since ours left (can't think of his name) but a very skilled player who just doesn't have the size.

If the bears can get some OL help, get a quality RB to help Benson and our A.P. A safety who can tackle, and catch lightning in a bottle with a WR or get 85. the bears can win the NFC. The kid from Hawaii is just there to hold a clipboard for the first year.

I do like the QB from deleware, so if you can grab him in the 2nd great.

The Giants receiver who made the critical catch in the Super Bowl was David Tyree. He hadn't been playing much or making much happen during his playing time up until that moment. Add in the fact the ball looked more like an end over end kick than a spiral, made it all the more impressive.

There are trade rumours about Jeremy Shockey, their star tight end. I was very exited about him a few years ago - but the guy really had been dropping passes with unacceptable frequency, and always has foot problems each year. I wouldn't mind saying goodbye, to get a top LB or CB in the draft.

That's a good 'D'...but the Bears roster of Richard Dent, Dan Hampton, Steve McMichael, Refrigerator Perry, Mike Singletary, Otis Wilson, and Wilbur Marshall is a pretty tough one too.

But hey, that's what sports discussions are all about..."who was better, X or Y?"

I'm a diehard Steeler fanatic but admit that the Bears 85 D was superb. Right up there with the 74 and 75 Steeler D.

We were waiting to see where/when Chris Long went since he's a home state guy (2nd pick to St. Louis). My husband is a HUGE Redskins fan; apparently they traded a 1st round pick for 2 2nd round picks; he's really excited about how they came out.

Archived