Min 19:44 Dazed and Confused HTWWW

At 19:44 of this track Jimmy breaks into a ominous lick that sounds a bit like Holst (Mars I think although Saturn would be more apropo) but maybe this riff is from some other unrecorded song? Just as quickly as it starts it ends (about 20:20) and that is it...over. It has a Sabbath sound a bit too dark for Zep but wondered if anyone knew anything about this riff. I like it and have started imagining a Zep song that would go with it......it sounds amazing by the way :)

And sorry if there is a 50 page thread somewhere on the forums about this already :)

At 19:44 of this track Jimmy breaks into a ominous lick that sounds a bit like Holst (Mars I think although Saturn would be more apropo) but maybe this riff is from some other unrecorded song? Just as quickly as it starts it ends (about 20:20) and that is it...over. It has a Sabbath sound a bit too dark for Zep but wondered if anyone knew anything about this riff. I like it and have started imagining a Zep song that would go with it......it sounds amazing by the way :)

And sorry if there is a 50 page thread somewhere on the forums about this already :)

When I first heard it I had the feeling of having heard it before but have never been able to work out where - the collective unconscious maybe? :blink:lol

It was never incorporated into any studio recordings of Zeppelin and not in Page's solo career to my knowledge.

Are you talking abou the violin bow bit?

Would be a good idea to have a listen seeing as their is a time reference in the post...

No, it's after the violin solo, when the band comes back in.

Thank You so much - you have just solved a 5 year old mystery for me!

I hear ya :rolleyes: .....Louis Rey would always mention the mars part in alot of the D&C reviews in his book. but I was unaware of what part he ment.

There is a D&C from 69. I think it's either March 13th or the 16th (I believe it was on the second disc of Hampton Kicks) but man do they have a Black Sabbath sound in that one! Heavy and Dark! (if I would have played a few minutes of this track after the bow solo. you would think it was Sabbath)....

it just goes to show how many ways Zeppelin could have went with thier music.

Archived