Earls court DVDs

andrew

So I haven't been up to date on the bootleg front lately but I just checked UU and saw that apparently, an entire video source of the May 25th (and a new 24th video as well) show has come up in the last few years? And supposedly, the quality of it is awesome as well.

Has anyone seen or own it?

Watching the 24th again right now (Zeppelin Express, but have both nights on DVD).

Something interesting: All four members singing and harmonizing on Tangerine. Can't hear anyone other than Robert on the audio, though.

Any Earl's Court is an essential DVD - the 24th & 25th are both well worth getting.

Heavy Metal Kids (all of 24th, 1st half of 25th) is a good place to start.

Heartily agreed! Great stuff!

I should add for the initial poster that these shows are available for free download on many torrent and trade sites. The reason I say is that there are unofficial pirated product being sold in major chain stores. These people are taking money from your pockets that they don't deserve. They package it up as if it were official and take your money. Screw them. Find a friend or a site and choose your own artwork. The quality is just as good, and you can personalize it as well!

• 1 year later...
i really would like a DVD of the 25th concert, but don't have anything to trade and have checked EBAY etc to buy it to no avail...

I got the 25th as part of a video vine I signed up for on a torrent download site. All that is required is to add your name to the list. When your turn is up the dvds will be mailed to you for you to copy and then mail to the next person on the list. The only requirements are that you not take forever to copy, don't damage the dvds and to send the complete set to the next in line when you're finished. I have acquired over 400 titles in the past year from downloading and audio vines. Once you find out where to look it's easy and best of all it's free. Nobody leeches money from the bands.

Yes, both nights complete.

You shouldn't buy any DVD titles of these nights, you better get them with feedback & best possible quality at many Torrent sites. Empress Valley's Demand Unprecedented is the best release of May 25th, I like Genuine Masters take on the previous night also.

The pirated version that you somehow see in many stores is absolute shit, I think it's done by this label called Masterplan, DON"T BUY IT.

I have the Cosmic Energy version of the 24th. Pretty nice quality, also got their release of Seattle '77. It says its 5.1 surround sound but I'm a bit dubious, don't know how they can do that to a soundboard recording made in 1977. Still it's nice to have the sound come out of all five speakers. Also, does anybody else think that the Earls court SBD's don't have enough bass in them? In a lot of songs I can hardly hear Bonzo's bass drum. *Shrug* maybe it's just me or the soundboards I have.

Unfortunately I have to by most of my dvd's, don't know of any traders here in NZ although I'm sure there is. Internet is expensive here so one dvd is half of my internet cap.

I have the Cosmic Energy version of the 24th. Pretty nice quality, also got their release of Seattle '77. It says its 5.1 surround sound but I'm a bit dubious, don't know how they can do that to a soundboard recording made in 1977. Still it's nice to have the sound come out of all five speakers. Also, does anybody else think that the Earls court SBD's don't have enough bass in them? In a lot of songs I can hardly hear Bonzo's bass drum. *Shrug* maybe it's just me or the soundboards I have.

Unfortunately I have to by most of my dvd's, don't know of any traders here in NZ although I'm sure there is. Internet is expensive here so one dvd is half of my internet cap.

1) Seattle 77 by itself isn't 5.1.

2) Bonzo's Bass drum isn't really present a lot in the SBDs versions of the EC shows, but it is present on the audience recording, it's the mic volume, it was set too low.

Just ponied up the cash for an HD system. All my boots are 300 miles away. I literally have over 200 cds and dvds in a bag I haven't even sorted through and catgorized yet. Much less given a real listen to. Nevermind the hundreds I actually do have logged. Man I miss the days. Now there's a storage unit somewhere in Southern California with a truckload of Zeppelin magic I myself can't even listen to. It's nothing you collectors don't already have. I just hate it when I get a year older and my collections in a box somewhere.

C'est la vie.

• 2 weeks later...
So I haven't been up to date on the bootleg front lately but I just checked UU and saw that apparently, an entire video source of the May 25th (and a new 24th video as well) show has come up in the last few years? And supposedly, the quality of it is awesome as well.

Has anyone seen or own it?

I have 'em both...crackin' vids!

Archived