The Ten Most Annoying Singers

Jahfin

I like Roger Daltrey myself and I really don't mind Keith either. It's just that I know some people would find Keith's statement funny.

When I told my sister about this, she said; "Talk about the pot calling the kettle black".

On Keiths 1st solo album he's got a couple of great soulful vocals that surprised the hell out of me. Very rough edge on the vocal of course, but very soulful.

And no, nothing he ever say's about anything/anybody surprises me one bit.

Can't but agree with most of what's on the list. Funny thing is that sometimes voices that I like, can also be one of the most annoying voices too. Like Axl Rose and John Fogerty. Maybe it's because they're as original as they are that they also can wear on you sometimes.

Jahfin,got something to ask you,since you know a lot about music,both today and yesterday,...

Thanks but what is your question? No offense but I read over your post several times but couldn't figure out what it was or if you were even asking one.

Regarding Bob Dylan, I enjoy his singing. But.......

I very recently bought a new car. It came equipped with XM satellitte radio, which I am really enjoying. Today I caught part of Dylan's radio program. His speaking voice is really odd and I can't quite put my finger on what is so irritating. The content of his show was excellent, very informative and the music was great. Lo and behold he played a selection of songs which all mentioned the brand car I recently bought - Cadillac.

Dylan is a much better singer now then he was 40 years ago. There's no doubt about it. Sometimes in the early to mid 60s he wasn't really even singing. But those were also the best written works of art ever. Don't Think Twice, Like a Rolling Stone, Blowing in the Wind, Mr. Tangerine Man, All Along the Watchtower are all fucking amazing songs.

Then you year something like Lay Lady Lay and you think, that's Bob Dylan?

Hi all,

I'm a huge Dylan fan but I'll be the first to admit his voice is pretty much shot at this point.

Janfin,sorry about not asking a question before,but here it is; Dylan,while not a 'singer' had something to say,and said it well,that is why I never minded his singing,but he sang to me.

Does that make sense?

KB

i feel obligated to agree with the comments in this thread regarding bob dylan vocals.

his vocals have improved by a large amount over the previous 40 years...

I think many of Bob Dylan's original songs have been done better by others in some instances. But the original's in their arrangements and musical accompanyist's wouldn't sound right without Bob's peculiar vocal stylings.

However, I'm reminded of a vocalist who sang with him often that I CAN'T stand

JOAN BAEZ !

i feel obligated to agree with the comments in this thread regarding bob dylan vocals.

his vocals have improved by a large amount over the previous 40 years...

I say this as a big Dylan fan but I'm guessing you haven't heard any of his newer albums and/or haven't seen him in concert in recent years. His voice has detoriated to the point where it's not uncommon to see fans flocking out after only a few songs. Just ask anyone that was in attendance at his Austin City Limits set last year.

I think many of Bob Dylan's original songs have been done better by others in some instances. But the original's in their arrangements and musical accompanyist's wouldn't sound right without Bob's peculiar vocal stylings.

However, I'm reminded of a vocalist who sang with him often that I CAN'T stand

JOAN BAEZ !

Good Lord yes. I'd forgotten all about her until you mentioned it.

Baez=ear vomit.

Archived