Robert Plant playing the guitar,

I dont remember what awards show it was, about two years ago Jimmy and Neal Young (i think) and Robert was playing guitar along with many more and it looked like he was only playing two or three notes, the same thing over and over again. Not knowing anything about cords or riffs or anything like that I may be wrong. It just seem like he wasn't very comforable. Like a fish out of water. I'm sure someone knows what i'm talking about. It was a rerun and I only saw about five minutes of it.

He(Robert)also played guitar in the last songs for the "concert for Kampuchea " Rockestra:

Lucille

Let It Be, in 1979 ;bonzo was awesome with his really heavy beat ,john paul jones was playing bass and someone handed Robert plant a guitar ;which he didn't look to comfortable with. as Paul McCartney did the singing

IIRC Robert was miming on the Rockestra thing - he was holding McCartney's violin bass wesn't he? I'm sure he's said he was only miming.

The awards show thing with Neil Young was the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame from 1995 - and it's a perfect example of why Robert did not play guitar on stage with Zeppelin. :D

The awards show thing with Neil Young was the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame from 1995 - and it's a perfect example of why Robert did not play guitar on stage with Zeppelin. :D

Robert did not need to play guitar on stage! B)

• 1 month later...

I remember watching a Plant concert on PBS back in the "Fate Of Nations" era. At one point the band went off in a blues jam and -this was cool- Plant's guitarist took his guitar off, held it out, Plant put it on and just ripped into this killer solo, then gave the guitar back to his guitarist (Doug Boyle???). I was surprised; I was not aware Robert Plant even played guitar at that time. But what surprised me even more is that, obviously the man can play when he feels like it. I'd be willing to bet that Plant could probably handle all the guitar duties on a solo album if he felt like it.

I mean, Mick Jagger has been playing guitar on Stones albums (and occasionally live) ever since "Sticky Fingers" -1971- but I don't think he ever played anything of any real significance until the slide guitar on "Back Of My Hand" off "A Bigger Bang". Hell, Sir Mick even plays bass on about half the album...point is, I'm sure he didn't just come across the ability to play lead all of a sudden in 2005 after strumming away for thirty odd years. Same with Robert Plant...by the way, isn't that Plant playing the acoustic on "Black Country Woman"?

Like I said, we don't want to see Plant playing guitar at a Led Zep gig...

I mean you may as well suggest Keith share guitar duties with Mick :rolleyes:

something mick's done many times....

• 6 years later...

I dont remember what awards show it was, about two years ago Jimmy and Neal Young (i think) and Robert was playing guitar along with many more and it looked like he was only playing two or three notes, the same thing over and over again. Not knowing anything about cords or riffs or anything like that I may be wrong. It just seem like he wasn't very comforable. Like a fish out of water. I'm sure someone knows what i'm talking about. It was a rerun and I only saw about five minutes of it.

Kind of a late reply lol, but here ya go. Watch for maximum lulz. Neil Young looks like he's having a conniption fit.

• 1 year later...
On April 24, 2008 at 4:52 AM, misty mountain said:

Robert has shown in the last few years, that not only does he sing; but can play guitar as well. ..should jimmy page share some guitar work with Robert if they tour ?

Maybe he should that would be pretty interesting if at their age the y played guitar together.

Archived