What's your Favourite Robert Plant Solo CD?

Wolfgang

Take a wild guess??? :whistling: While Plant is of course a legend amongst rock singers....IMO, his natural ability was best suited for being a true soul crooner. From his early CBS single, to some of the Band Of Joy stuff, to his work w/ Alexis Korner, to the WWL medleys w/ Zep, to The Honeydrippers, to the Sun Records tribute, he's been stellar throughout. VERY few people in R&R have that ability.

Take a wild guess??? :whistling: While Plant is of course a legend amongst rock singers....IMO, his natural ability was best suited for being a true soul crooner. From his early CBS single, to some of the Band Of Joy stuff, to his work w/ Alexis Korner, to the WWL medleys w/ Zep, to The Honeydrippers, to the Sun Records tribute, he's been stellar throughout. VERY few people in R&R have that ability.

It's a shame it never worked out for Robert and Ahmet to work on another Honeydrippers cd. It would have been interesting to see what it would have been like but I completely admire his decision not to pursue that without Ahmet involved.

It's a shame it never worked out for Robert and Ahmet to work on another Honeydrippers cd. It would have been interesting to see what it would have been like but I completely admire his decision not to pursue that without Ahmet involved.
I agree to a point......and I'm sure Robert has such a deep love admiration for the original versions of the songs of this genre...and probably feels he can't ever "better" them so why bother.......but still, to hear these classics redone with today's recording technology.w/ Plant's voice is still a treat to all the fans.

My dream is a (another) Plant/Setzer collaberation. Setzer's playing IMO is closer to Page's 72-73 WLL medleys than Page could ever dream of recreating. And here's a night I could only have dreamt of being at..........two weeks after the 85 SNL Christmas show apperance....right after Plant's concert at the Capital Centre, he went directly to the Bayou (a club in Georgetown) and joined the Stray Cats for two long encores. I was at the Cap Centre show, and read about the Bayou show in the next day's Washington Post. In hindsight, I would have rather been at the Bayou that night!!!! :'(

I must say I like bits of all of them but I do have a soft spot for Shakin'n'Stirred album, the tour that followed with the strange sloped stage ! But my fave song comes from Mighty rearranger in The Enchanter (repeat play on my ipod)

This is hard. Mighty Rearranger, Raising Sand, Now and Zen or The Principle of Moments. That's a long list, I guess, and the last two sound dated but I like them. Much better than the rest of the 80's music.

Wow am I going to be the first to say Pictures at Eleven is by far my favorite, followed by Priniciple of Moments. I guess Fate of Nations would be next. I can't place Raising Sand, it's too early for me, but I do like it a lot. Haven't heard MA enough. Must play it more.

I liked ther first 3 really well, but my fav is NOW AND ZEN. I love the way Now And Zen sounded as a Digital CD!

CDs nowadays are generally made to sound Louder... in some kind of a "Loudness Wars" deal.... but I'm not interested.... I'll take the dynamics of yestertear!! :D

They Are all very good, and so very different. (I also like Shaken N Stirred a lot too.. Sixes and Sevens, Little by Little, Easily Lead, Trouble your Money. Etc.)

Have you ever noticed, and perhaps he should see a therapist about this, The endless references he makes to his relationship to Led Zeppelin.

He are some examples:

Title: Pictures at Eleven - in reference to the news worthiness of his return after Zeppelin

Title: Burning Down One Side - in reference to him distancing himself from Zeppelin at the start of his solo career.

Title: Like I've Never Been Gone - reference to his return after Zeppelin

Title and song: In The Mood. - reference to his music style change during solo career to more melodic music.

Song: Through With the Two Step - in reference to "Through With the Two Step where the Rhythm is Law" lyric. In Led Zeppelin the rhythm and riff where often king

Big Log Video filled with Zeppelin imagery, ( a Black Dog, Feathers)

In the Mood Video Feature sPlant holding a Lemon.

Title: Easily Lead - Meaning could Easily be Led Zeppelin due to move back to heavier music on Shaken N Stirred.

Song: Little by Little - Little by Little he is returning to where he was in Led Zeppelin musically

Lyric From Pink and Black - People said that I won't change The song still remain the same

Song - Dance on my Own - I'm happy dancin'I'm dancin', I dance on my own - He prefers his Solo Career.

Song From Now and ZEN The Way I Feel deals with his relationship to zeppelin and the second coming of his solo career

Song From Now and ZEN - Ship of Fools. about his solo career and his desire to go back to zeppelin but not knowing how to do it.

Album Title Now and Zen - reference to the NOW his solo career and the then being his Zeppelin days which were Zen Like.

On the song Calling To You at the end he Calls Out TO Jimmy

Song Big Love lyric One time I saw Las Vegas(She loves, my big, she loves)

I stopped in a motel - I slept in the same room as Jimmy Page

Your Ma Said You Cried In Your Sleep Last Night - song lyric include Black Dog

Song Liars Dance - full of Zeppelin References and a decree that "We Won't Be Back Again"

Song Colours Of A Shade about his choice to start his solo career

Song Tin Pan Valley Deal swith his Desire not to sing or try to sound Like he Did In Zeppelin but he still can if he wants to.

Song Let the Four Wind Blows talks about recapturing the muse that inspired the writing of the Great Songs from his past, Kashmir for one.

Song All The King's Horses deals indirectly with starting a new leg of his solo career and getting past a period of writers block.

Most reference are in direct and somewhat tongue in cheek.

Mighty Rearranger. It came out just after I got into Zeppelin/Plant and brings back memories of him performing the songs at the Albert Hall before the album came out. Also, Shine it all Around rivals some of the Zeppelin stuff!

I always have Raising Sand playing at the moment - I can't get enough of it! (Arguably not a Robert Plant solo album though as its a duet with Alison Krauss)

Archived