What's your Favourite Robert Plant Solo CD?

Wolfgang

Is it looked down upon if you don't know much of Robert Plant's solo work?

Although, I will admit I've heard Mighty Rearranger as well as some work from other albums (like Ship of Fools and I'm in the Mood)...but for the most part, I've yet to hear the Plant "experience."

-TYG

The fate of nations tour was one of my first concerts. If I remember right is was sometime in November of 92 in Boston Mass at the Orpheum. Fantastic show, WAY, WAY better than Page/Plant a few years later. I was wondering what had happened to him, just a few years earlier he sounded like he was still 20 and then...

I love all of Robert Plant's solo work, but my fav has to be Principle of Moments. First time I saw RP in concert was that tour in 1983, and OMG, that was the best show of my life (having never had the privilege of seeing LZ sadly). Love Now and Zen and Fate of Nations too.

I have to say I think RP & The SS are the best things before after Led Zep any member has acheived. I love the sound. There isn't any other Plant album I like from beginning to end. There are others where I like certain songs, but Mighty Rearranger I could listen to everyday. I was glad to catch 'em in NYC back in '05 and love to catch em in NY/NJ/CT again. That being said, I enjoy Sixty Six to Timbuktu because it has selections from his whole career. I actually like the Honeydrippers under RP & The SS, and of course LZ at the top of the list.

I have to say that my fave cd changes depending on my mood . If I feel a little nostalgic , I put on some of the 80's stuff . If I feel a little mellower (is that a real word?) , I might put on FATE or DREAMLAND . I like all of his stuff , but each for a different reason .

I liked ther first 3 really well, but my fav is NOW AND ZEN. I love the way Now And Zen sounded as a Digital CD!

CDs nowadays are generally made to sound Louder... in some kind of a "Loudness Wars" deal.... but I'm not interested.... I'll take the dynamics of yestertear!! :D

How right you are...!!!! B) B) B)

For me, Fate of Nations is Robert Plant's finest album.

I Believe, 29 Palms, Greatest Gift and If I Were a Carpenter are amongst the most beautiful songs that I've ever heard.

Fate of Nations is a magnificent album.

Archived