Current Obsessions

DoubleNecker

I have an obsession for finding new vinyls.. I'm spending more and more money each month on purchasing records. It's not healthy, especially not for the economy. But fuck it, it could've been worse, I could've spent it on horse races or something, which I'd never do.. :D

Another obsession seem to be that I'm beginning to pick up some of my old sleaze hard rock CD's lately, and listen to them.. Some of it is still good, and some of them hasn't age very well.. Maybe it's the last year resurrection of the genre.. Younger bands beginning to take form with a lot of influence from bands like Mötley Crüe, G'n'R and LA Guns and so on.. I gotta stop doing this shit, I don't wanna live it again.. I'm past that! :D

It's just part of your music experience my man. We all do it :D I like to try and expand my horizons as well but I find that I come back to stuff that I'm familiar with....quite often

Alright, here we go again... I've just purchased Hellacopters latest album and is listening to it right now. As usual, when Hellacopters releases an album, I get on a Hellacopters ride for a couple of weeks. And this fuckin album rocks like hell. It's the best guitar driven rock'n'roll since Thin Lizzy's Fighting (excluding Hellacopters previous albums).

headoff.jpg

http://www.hellacopters.com/

It's just part of your music experience my man. We all do it :D I like to try and expand my horizons as well but I find that I come back to stuff that I'm familiar with....quite often

:D Guess you're right about that.. But I have to admit, I get a greater kick of finding new stuff then go back to my old records.. but of course, I enjoy them as well. B)

:D Guess you're right about that.. But I have to admit, I get a greater kick of finding new stuff then go back to my old records.. but of course, I enjoy them as well. B)

Me too. Jahfin's threads have been great for me.

Anybody else having an obsession over something?

Usually the release of a new R.E.M. album leads to revisiting their entire back catalog but not this time. However, an avid collector (REMdave) has been uploading all kinds of rare R.E.M. footage to YouTube including an early concert at The Pier in Raleigh, NC, promos for Murmur, Fables of the Reconstruction and Green along with lots of other goodies:

REMdave

Hi All,

My first and ONLY obsession with a band is Led Zeppelin and always will be.

I must admit that now Led Zeppelin have gone to ground I have been going to see a Tribute band called "LED BY ZEPPELIN" from Ashford, Kent in England.

I have seen five Tribute bands in the London-Kent area in the last year and these are by far the best. Last time we saw them their manager Steve Monk even recognised me announced to every one who I was, I felt like I was a groupie or something. LOL. I would recommend any one to go see them, my sons girlfriend thought that their singer was gay and even commented that Mr Plant has gay tendencies. Well it gave us a laugh.

By for now, Danny

• 2 years later...

I recently discovered a band called Gunslinger.

http://alandaveymusic.com/gunslinger.php/about-gunslinger

Gunslinger is the twisted brainchild of Alan Davey and Nigel Potter.

It was back in 1979 that Alan and Nigel began to structure the sonic wall that would soon become Gunslinger. Their obession with power and flat out rock and roll was begining to take shape During the early formative years,name change followed name change, but it was when they called their latest incarnation CHAINSAW that the story really begins... It was here that songs like Warhorse, Gunslinger, Night Song and many others came into being. The sound that was to become Gunslinger was born. With influnces from Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Motorhead, Hawkwind, and many others, the full on assault was in full flow ... '79 was a great year for power!!!

At that time the line up was: Alan Davey: Bass and Vocals, Nigel Potter: Guitar and Vocals, Mark (Grasshopper) :Drums. When Mark left the band the final push for power you could lean on was made. Chainsaw changed it's name to Gunslinger and recruited Andy Lamb on drum duty, and the scene was set for Gunslinger - a band that quickly gained a reputation wherever they went. Even rehearsals became crowded events and always action pack and deafeningly LOUD!! Tales of electrocution, where Nigel was blown halfway across the hall by an electric shock from the PA system, the local pub up the road making an offical complaint because Gunslinger were practicing down the road, the police entering rehearsals and ordering that the band to turn down because they were a traffic hazard due to excessive volume levels!!! It was all going according to plan.

The gigs that followed throughout East Anglia in the early 80's were riotous affairs. The band being described in the local press as Mongol Hoarde leaders. The legendary "Earthquake In E Minor Tour" hit the road. It became something you told people "I saw Gunslinger, I was THERE!!!" Tankers of alcohol and adrenalin fueled all that followed... They hit the studio and recorded a "Demo" tape, which has become somewhat a collectors item over the years, with tracks like: Living Like A Viking and Gunslinger showcasing strongest. Radio airplay, magazine interviews, and finaly the coverted record deal followed. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond their control, the deal was never signed. And the firecely bright and loud flame of Gunslinger was begining to waver uncertainly... Alan was auditioning for Hawkwind, Nigel for Motorhead.... And the rest is history ... until now!!! Then on the night of 26th Feb 2008 when Gunslinger's record label was established (Earthquake Records), an earthquake hit the UK measuring 5.2 on the richter scale. Its an omen of whats to come!! Whoooaaagghh!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWAP9AYfGr0

I recently discovered a band called Gunslinger.

http://alandaveymusi...bout-gunslinger

Gunslinger is the twisted brainchild of Alan Davey and Nigel Potter.

It was back in 1979 that Alan and Nigel began to structure the sonic wall that would soon become Gunslinger. Their obession with power and flat out rock and roll was begining to take shape During the early formative years,name change followed name change, but it was when they called their latest incarnation CHAINSAW that the story really begins... It was here that songs like Warhorse, Gunslinger, Night Song and many others came into being. The sound that was to become Gunslinger was born. With influnces from Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Motorhead, Hawkwind, and many others, the full on assault was in full flow ... '79 was a great year for power!!!

At that time the line up was: Alan Davey: Bass and Vocals, Nigel Potter: Guitar and Vocals, Mark (Grasshopper) :Drums. When Mark left the band the final push for power you could lean on was made. Chainsaw changed it's name to Gunslinger and recruited Andy Lamb on drum duty, and the scene was set for Gunslinger - a band that quickly gained a reputation wherever they went. Even rehearsals became crowded events and always action pack and deafeningly LOUD!! Tales of electrocution, where Nigel was blown halfway across the hall by an electric shock from the PA system, the local pub up the road making an offical complaint because Gunslinger were practicing down the road, the police entering rehearsals and ordering that the band to turn down because they were a traffic hazard due to excessive volume levels!!! It was all going according to plan.

The gigs that followed throughout East Anglia in the early 80's were riotous affairs. The band being described in the local press as Mongol Hoarde leaders. The legendary "Earthquake In E Minor Tour" hit the road. It became something you told people "I saw Gunslinger, I was THERE!!!" Tankers of alcohol and adrenalin fueled all that followed... They hit the studio and recorded a "Demo" tape, which has become somewhat a collectors item over the years, with tracks like: Living Like A Viking and Gunslinger showcasing strongest. Radio airplay, magazine interviews, and finaly the coverted record deal followed. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond their control, the deal was never signed. And the firecely bright and loud flame of Gunslinger was begining to waver uncertainly... Alan was auditioning for Hawkwind, Nigel for Motorhead.... And the rest is history ... until now!!! Then on the night of 26th Feb 2008 when Gunslinger's record label was established (Earthquake Records), an earthquake hit the UK measuring 5.2 on the richter scale. Its an omen of whats to come!! Whoooaaagghh!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWAP9AYfGr0

I've definitely heard of this band! Good stuff! B) My favourite songs from "Earthquake In E Minor" are "Night Song", "Going In For The Kill", "Savage Love", "Shell Shocked", to name a few! It is so catchy, fast-paced and foot tapping! :wub: And the best thing to do is to play it LOUD!!! B)

Without a doubt...

Pure Reason Revolution

I'm loving all 3 of their CDs, but their second release from 2009 is steadily becoming one of my favorite albums.

cover.jpg

A couple of my favorites from the album...

Archived