Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
GibsonGirl

Your Dream Instrument

Alembic_bass.jpg

I just love the way JPJ alembic sounds in the begining of sick again on Listen to This Eddie. Right when jimmy cuts out and JPJ and Bonzo somwhat plays the beat.

Walls and walls of Les Pauls! :wub: :wub:

And the Teuffel Birdfish. I haven't got a picture in the moment, does anyone know it?

Wouldn't mind a cute Danelectro too...

Edited by lucyinthesky

teuffelbirdfishxs4.jpg

Found one! Don't you think this is a absolutely awesome guitar?!?

I wish I could afford one...one day, when I'm rich and famous...

If I had to choose one. Martin D-28. Otherwise a Jimmy Page aged Tom Murphy and/or the new Black Beauty. B)

The new Black Beauty? This is "Dream Instruments", so screw that, I'd get the original Black Beauty! Then I'd give it back to Jimmy Page in exchange for him, Robert, Jonesy and Jason playing a special show for me and my friends.

Edited by marmorek

In the spirit of Brian May & Eddie Van Halen, I have always wanted to mix and match aspects of my favorite guitars.

My ideal guitar has a Les Paul body with an Explorer headstock.

The back of the body is contoured like a Strat and is the same thickness, making it lighter

than a regular Les Paul.

It has the usual Gibson double humbucker pick ups but with a single coil between them.

It also has a pick up selector switch.

OK, since this is all about a dream instrument, I'd like to have the Gibson L-1 that Robert Johnson's posing with in his studio portrait.

Although I'm dubious that its authenticity could be verified indubitably, a guitar, which was claimed to be the very instrument in question was on offer in June 2006 for $6,000,000 US. Only the Devil knows for sure.

RB

I would love to go buy a gibson R9, ice tea finish, with a lightly flamed top (for some reason, I'm not too tops with over the top flame or quilt)

pearlyesque-lg.jpg

Iced Tea! I love iced tea burst! Thats my favorite finish. Nice choice. :D :D :D

Most of these dream instruments i'd be too afraid to play, let alone touch or breathe on....I'd just prop them up on the wall and stare at em. :mellow:

thus, i humbly submit the rare '69 fender swinger:

CSWINGER.JPG

...which would look explorer-like and baddass slung lefty. Plus, CBS-era guitars hardly ellicit respect, and no one would care if I drilled another strap button... or 2 on it. or carved a humbucker pocket in the bridge position. Or swapped the bridge itself with a strat one.

Generally just fucking it up EVH-style to the point where I should have just made one from scratch....but that wouldnt be as fun or ridiculous.

No! Don't make that mistake! Even if you win the lottery! Gibsons vary hugely in quality. There's nothing better than a really good Gibson, but a lot of them are crap. When you're ready to buy, play as many as you can. Screw the color. Find the one out of a dozen that sings like a bird. Find the one that feels right in your hands. Seriously: Play as many as you can before choosing your baby. This could be the guitar you keep for your whole life. Get to know it. This is your voice. Don't impulse buy just because it's a Gibson in your favorite color. I'm speaking from experience. I've made that mistake more than once, and have kicked myself for years. A guitar is like a wife (or a husband), they might fit your preferences at first, but when the flaws start to show...regret sets in. And sometimes you can't get a do over. Be selective. Don't hurry or let the excitement of buying it rush you. Find YOUR baby! And LOVE IT! :beer:

Unfortunately, in my area, I don't think I can find too many Gibsons that I could play. Few music shops near me, and they're not too big anyway. And I haven't seen a Gibson in these shops. Just some Epiphones. So it's not like I can play hundreds of Gibsons and find the one that suits me best. I don't have a large palette of choices right now. Plus I play the guitar just as a hobby, I don't have certain standards about a guitar or something. That's why I think any Gibson would be good for me. I just hope that someday I'll have the money I need to buy one :) .

Edited by Xtazy