Best Zep show

pinky

^yah, but i think its getting too out of hand, 11 pages of people listing at least 10 concerts each post, kinda takes away the point of the word "Best"

Anyways, my favourite bootleg would be........... 4/27/69 Fillmore, thats gotta be it, As Long as I have you, Train Kept a rollin, Pat's Delight are the greatest things ive ever heard.

One of my tops would be MSG - 9-19-70 (Evening Show)

Everyone is so loose.

absolutly :D one my favorites. I could consider this my #1. but then 4-26-69 comes to mind.also-4-17-70/6-25-72/1-15 and 3-21-73/3-19-75/6-25-77 and so many others. :D

There's too many and there's already a thread on this. I think it's called BEST ZEPP BOOTS.

No there actually isn't there was one but whoever posted said beside the famous shows, and bootlegs and concerts are not the same thing.

So which show do you think is Led Zeppelin's best I would personally say Royal Albert Hall 1970 and, L.A Forum 1977 they were simply the best these two shows.

so, if the criteria is "show" and not "bootleg", that would be limited to a show you have actually seen in person....correct? unless you include the santioned releases/video?

or...is it defined as a show that you could only "see" (in person or on authorized videos and bootleg videos)?

just wondering.

so, if the criteria is "show" and not "bootleg", that would be limited to a show you have actually seen in person....correct? unless you include the santioned releases/video?

or...is it defined as a show that you could only "see" (in person or on authorized videos and bootleg videos)?

just wondering.

I am looking at it this way. if you ask what is the best bootleg from say 69, alot of people will say 'Dallas Pop' or' Playhouse Theatre' 'because the recording's are just superb. but yet they are far from say the best show from 69...and evn so for 4/27/69, 15 years ago the recording was very unballanced. hissy and muddy. and the second set sucks!.... but you will always see that on best bootleg thread. but mainly for the first set and the great recording (after years of work) and I do love the first set. 60+ minutes of some of the best Zeppelin ever!

I actually like this thread because instead of talking about best bootlegs. we can discuss the best shows. which are usually found on poor fair or just good redcordings. take the Bath show.you'll hardly ever see that one on a best bootleg thread.

some of the shows I love but yet wouldn't be considered best bootleg are 1-10-69/ 2-14-69/ 4-26-69/ 5-28-69/ 8-19-69/ 4-17-70/ 6-28-70/ 9-2 and 9-3-70/ 9-19-70/ all of March and May of 71/ 8-21-71/ 8-22-71/ I could just go on forever :D

There are so many great ones but if I had to pick one it would be Osaka 9/29/71. Just a great show from beginning to end. The band is incredibly loose and there are scores of unbelievable moments throughout the show. Dazed is monumental, Celebration Day is smoking hot, and this show also has my all-time favorite WLL and Communication Breakdown. Most of the numbers contain very unique twists and turns in the playing.

Even Moby Dick is unusual on the night with Bonzo getting into one of his greatest solos with the military style drumming...despite his pre-song protestations about playing it! And of course one of the great acoustic sets.

The (is it or isn't it) soundboard also breathes so much life into the show. Hearing the conversations between the band is another great aspect of this one.

OK, now I have to break it out and put it in the car!

Please do. :D

ok here are a few more

Amsterdam 5-27-72 bad recording great show

the whole Australian New Zeland tour

Stoke England 1-15-73- this show could have been placed in between March 14-24, and nobody would have known the difference.

2-28-75-Baton Rouge/ and 3-10-75-SD... here are a couple shows from the great second leg that don't get mentioned very often.

6-25-77-LA...IMO the best night of the six in LA

:D:D:D:D

Just to add a couple to what Fresh Garbage has already listed..

5/3/71 Copenhagen (great show and good recording)

6/19/72 Seattle (Excellent show, not-so-good recording)

6/3/73 LA (great show, good atmosphere but serious tape issues hurt this recording)

6/10/77 (my favorite of the NYC77 shows, which hurts me to say it because I was at the show on the 8th, recording is decent)

Let me clarify this topic it is about the concert you have HEARD wether you were there, it's a boot, or an official release. if it is a boot comment on the quality you if you wish.

• 4 weeks later...
So which show do you think is Led Zeppelin's best I would personally say Royal Albert Hall 1970 and, L.A Forum 1977 they were simply the best these two shows.

One of theirs best shows: Knebworth August 4th 1979!!

• 3 weeks later...

9.29.71 OSAKA

3.24.73 Offenburg

3.19.75 - Vancouver Coliseum, British Columbia.

Best Stairway guitar solo ever, awesome WLL/Black Dog medley, 8 minute OTHAFA. Actually a very good soundboard, but marred by a poor mixing job (keyboards are higher in the mix than anything else, even vocals!)

Archived