Robert Plant Alison Krauss Gone Gone Gone Music Video

TULedHead

Love the song...the video however is beyond ridiculous. Fun, maybe. Painful to watch, those blow up figures? Ruined a great song and excellent chemistry between T-Bone, Alison, and Robert.

Disco balls, glitter, and deflating ballon-dudes...WTF were they thinking...

I must admit this is not my favorite song from this CD, or even my favorite song from the Everly Brothers.

If I were going to improve this video choreographically, I might have directed them to move more naturally in place rather than traveling. Maybe there was very little time to get too creative before they ran up on a production deadline.

Often it's better to make and fix all your production mistakes before they hit the stage in front of a live audience, especially if that audience is a brutal one, but not every performer enjoys that luxury, and the show must go on.

It had some interesting line and design features in the symmetry of the two of them, although there are more options than stage left and stage right with the horizontally-challenged two facing each other.

That horizontal stage-left-to-right line can be an awkward one, so choreographers and directors usually prefer to use it only when for some reason or another it is particularly right for the scene.

For instance, the diagonal, an S-shape, an elliptical or a circular floor pattern can sometimes work better. Diagonal is the easiest alternative design when you are short of time, and is often a more flattering line than a horizontal stage-left-to-right.

I like the sparkly effects for the holidays, but there are other ways to sparkle instead of cliched glitter. White poinsettias, snowflakes, icicles or fog complement a black and white theme with a softer and more natural effect but can convey a sense of magic.

I also remember seeing a gold curtain in the stage set. Gold contrasts well with black, which I believe Robert Plant was wearing in this video. Gold glows nicely in the darkness of a black stage equally as well. Metallics that are woven into the fabric of a costume, either worn on the head or sleeves, so they do not overpower, can draw visual interest aesthetically.

According to the lyrics of the song, here you have someone who is disappearing. So the magic would logically be in how they disappear before your eyes, an effect you could accomplish with a clever use of a spotlight on a dark stage, rather than a severely starkly-lit stage. Perhaps this video needed someone on the equivalent of Harry Potter's scene designers.

I wonder if they really thought before they put the set together. It came across as modern in a retro way and almost too pedestrian perhaps. Each one of them is capable of conveying more drama and emotion if that were the intent; the emotion in that song is one of anger. I guess they were keeping it light-hearted but that's not really what the song was ever about; despite the upbeat tempo, it is a song about dissatisfaction.

I must admit this is not my favorite song from this CD, or even my favorite song from the Everly Brothers.

If I were going to improve this video choreographically, I might have directed them to move more naturally in place rather than traveling. Maybe there was very little time to get too creative before they ran up on a production deadline.

Often it's better to make and fix all your production mistakes before they hit the stage in front of a live audience, especially if that audience is a brutal one, but not every performer enjoys that luxury, and the show must go on.

It had some interesting line and design features in the symmetry of the two of them, although there are more options than stage left and stage right with the horizontally-challenged two facing each other.

That horizontal stage-left-to-right line can be an awkward one, so choreographers and directors usually prefer to use it only when for some reason or another it is particularly right for the scene.

For instance, the diagonal, an S-shape, an elliptical or a circular floor pattern can sometimes work better. Diagonal is the easiest alternative design when you are short of time, and is often a more flattering line than a horizontal stage-left-to-right.

I like the sparkly effects for the holidays, but there are other ways to sparkle instead of cliched glitter. White poinsettias, snowflakes, icicles or fog complement a black and white theme with a softer and more natural effect but can convey a sense of magic.

I also remember seeing a gold curtain in the stage set. Gold contrasts well with black, which I believe Robert Plant was wearing in this video. Gold glows nicely in the darkness of a black stage equally as well. Metallics that are woven into the fabric of a costume, either worn on the head or sleeves, so they do not overpower, can draw visual interest aesthetically.

According to the lyrics of the song, here you have someone who is disappearing. So the magic would logically be in how they disappear before your eyes, an effect you could accomplish with a clever use of a spotlight on a dark stage, rather than a severely starkly-lit stage. Perhaps this video needed someone on the equivalent of Harry Potter's scene designers.

I wonder if they really thought before they put the set together. It came across as modern in a retro way and almost too pedestrian perhaps. Each one of them is capable of conveying more drama and emotion if that were the intent; the emotion in that song is one of anger. I guess they were keeping it light-hearted but that's not really what the song was ever about; despite the upbeat tempo, it is a song about dissatisfaction.

So, to sum it all up, the Video sucks.

Archived