Coverdale on Zeppelin reunion

MrZoSo

He changed his accent? Why? It's the only interesting thing about him.

"He's a Geordie like me but he talks like this (imitates Arnold Schwarzenegger):

"Jimmy came up with the riff from hell and uh..." (laughter all around)

-- Francis Dunnery (Plant's guitarist), Kings Head Pub in Fulham on 5/14/93

"He's a Geordie like me but he talks like this (imitates Arnold Schwarzenegger):

"Jimmy came up with the riff from hell and uh..." (laughter all around)

-- Francis Dunnery (Plant's guitarist), Kings Head Pub in Fulham on 5/14/93

What's a Geordie?

I hope when Robert is done with his tour with Allison, he gets the Strange Sensation back together again. He was absolutely great on Mighty Rearranger and I'm sure he has much more to offer than singing Stairway to Heaven on a greatest hits tour. Robert has more balls than 99.9 % of his peers. He has stayed true to himself and resisted the big money stadium reunion tours. I wish Jimmy could move forward too!

Is that where people sound like they're from Scotland? But they're from England, up north. And if you meet someone with that accent and ask them if they're from Scotland, they get irritated.

I hope when Robert is done with his tour with Allison, he gets the Strange Sensation back together again. He was absolutely great on Mighty Rearranger and I'm sure he has much more to offer than singing Stairway to Heaven on a greatest hits tour. Robert has more balls than 99.9 % of his peers. He has stayed true to himself and resisted the big money stadium reunion tours. I wish Jimmy could move forward too!

It has been said that Jimmy is working on new material with the other band members. If that is true, you would rather see Robert with the strange sensations then with Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason?

What's a Geordie?

A native of the North of England, particularly the area around the city of Newcastle.

Typical occupations of the "Geordie" are burglary, petty crime, claiming job seekers allowance and annoying Londoners on their frequent visits to the nations capital.

Easily identifiable by the permed hair, track suit and can of Carlsberg Special Brew held limply in one hand.

Also known as "Stop thief!"

:D

It has been said that Jimmy is working on new material with the other band members. If that is true, you would rather see Robert with the strange sensations then with Jimmy, JPJ, and Jason?

Oh Lord NO!!!

You can't even compare the two. Strange Sensation had its moments, but c'mon now. :lol:

A native of the North of England, particularly the area around the city of Newcastle.

Typical occupations of the "Geordie" are burglary, petty crime, claiming job seekers allowance and annoying Londoners on their frequent visits to the nations capital.

Easily identifiable by the permed hair, track suit and can of Carlsberg Special Brew held limply in one hand.

:o That is not nice....but kinda funny :lol: . I asked an old lady who was working in a store if she was from Scotland, and she looked at me like I had slapped her mother's ghost. I forgot where she said she was from, maybe it was Newcastle. She shut my chatty little ass right up in a hurry :blink:

Oh Lord NO!!!

You can't even compare the two. Strange Sensation had its moments, but c'mon now. :lol:

Well yea I know but thats the way it seems. It just seems some people are afriad of these four guys getting together and making music, and I do not understand why.

:o That is not nice....but kinda funny :lol: . I asked an old lady who was working in a store if she was from Scotland, and she looked at me like I had slapped her mother's ghost. I forgot where she said she was from, maybe it was Newcastle. She shut my chatty little ass right up in a hurry :blink:

There's always been a rivalry between the North and South of England. They got the beautiful countryside and we got the money.

That said, the North of England was the cradle of the industrial revolution and the cotton trade. Unfortunately they had accents so thick that no one else in the English speaking world could understand what they were selling, so as a concequence went bust.

Interesting. The U.K. is a much smaller country than the U.S. of A., but apparently still has its regional differences/disagreements. In the U.S. a lot of southerners still don't like the north. I was talking to some people who do a trucking business in Canada and asked if the French Canadian part was any different to do business with and the guy basically said that everyone in Quebec (the French speaking part) could go suck an egg. I guess people will just be people.

Once knew a Scottish woman who insisted on spending her Scottish pounds at Herrod's

and other prominent London establishments. I guess the rivalry is alive and well. :lol:

Once knew a Scottish woman who insisted on spending her Scottish pounds at Herrod's

and other prominent London establishments. I guess the rivalry is alive and well. :lol:

Herrod's? Did they demand the first born male son in lieu of a credit card payment? :D

Harrods Of London

I'll let you off though, with a name like Jones you must have Welsh ancestry. :)

Is it considered worse to be from Scottland or Northern England?---(If you live in southern England)

Well, Scotland and Wales are seperate countries really. The English per se are generally hated by both.

In turn the Southern part of England doesn't regard the Northern part very highly and vice versa. But it's a friendly rivalry in truth, just a bit of regional stereotyping, not an internecine war.

It's impossible for me to dislike the Scots. They make single malt whisky. You have to love them. :D

I would LOVE to see Robert do something new with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham, but what would happen after that? They would be expected to go on a Stones" type "tour of America and elsewhere for all the fairweather fans and corporate B.S types that can afford upwards of two hundred dollars a ticket to listen to all the "greatest hits". Anyone who thinks that isn't true is delusional. That is what big business in America is all about and don't think for a minute that the Led Zeppelin "brand" isn't huge in corporate American entertainment. Let the o2 show be their farewell to the world as Led Zeppelin, and let them live on as the best rock band to ever grace a stage in our lifetime.

Well, Scotland and Wales are seperate countries really. The English per se are generally hated by both.

In turn the Southern part of England doesn't regard the Northern part very highly and vice versa. But it's a friendly rivalry in truth, just a bit of regional stereotyping, not an internecine war.

It's impossible for me to dislike the Scots. They make single malt whisky. You have to love them. :D

It's great to see things are going really well---i.e.--you are not usually killing each other. But I always thought the U. K. or Great Britain was one country kind of like the United States which decended from it----just one big happy country with no problems.................

Try some good old fashinioned Kentucky Bourbon if you ever get the chance.

Craig Ferguson is cool. Wait, what was this thread about? I forgot.

This is a thread about David Coverdale/Led Zep re-union. That is why we started discussing Scotch Whiskey and Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey. The Coverdale topic would drive anyone to drink.

But I always thought the U. K. or Great Britain was one country kind of like the United States which decended from it----just one big happy country with no problems.................

You need to read up on Led Zeppelin's experiences in Northern Ireland back in 1971!

David was only in New York to grant press interviews and confirm they spelled his name

right in the 2008-09 Led Zeppelin World Tour program.

Don't you mean the Robert Plant, Allison Krauss "I'm the only one still relevant" 08 tour.

Archived