Coverdale on Zeppelin reunion

MrZoSo

I think (and hope) that another Strange Sensation album/tour is on the cards next!

I hope so too. Mighty Rearranger was great and they were just hitting their stride as a group.

Oh well, obviously much too late now.

It's very much "Rocky Balboa" time for them, as far as people going to see them more as a circus curiosity to know whether they can make it through a 2 hour set without throwing out their backs (like Jimmy did at the end of the Crowes tour). So they can do it, but the age factor acts as a serious distraction from the music. They were able to barely pull it together for the O2 and I wouldn't blame Robert for being worried whether he could continue to "sing his nuts off" as he calls it. So even if they did mount something, it would be pretty scary because you just know they're on borrowed time, at least for Jimmy and Robert.

It's very much "Rocky Balboa" time for them, as far as people going to see them more as a circus curiosity to know whether they can make it through a 2 hour set without throwing out their backs (like Jimmy did at the end of the Crowes tour).

I've posted this before (in exacting detail) so I'll just post again: Jimmy's back injury was not the result of performing on that tour. He got hurt offstage on his day off near LA.

I hope not too. What a waste it would be, knowing he could have done something with Jimmy and Jonesy and instead settled for mediocre. A tragic mistake.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be great to see Robert work with Jimmy and Jonesy but I will strongly disagree that Strange Sensation are a mediocre group of musicians and that by working with them again (which I hope he does), he's in any way settling.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be great to see Robert work with Jimmy and Jonesy but I will strongly disagree that Strange Sensation are a mediocre group of musicians and that by working with them again (which I hope he does), he's in any way settling.

Comparing them to Jimmy they are well below mediocre. IT would be a shame IMO.

It's always been interesting to me the opposing dynamic between what Plant and Page want. Lets face it....the only reason there was that P&P reunion in the mid 90's was because (for better or worse) it was on Roberts terms...and as soon as Robert lost a bit of zest or control of the partnership (the long world tour) he backed away.

I always thought that for nearly 15 years Jimmy has caved way too much in to what Robert wants...or what Robert's demands are. If RP doesn't want to have a reunion he's entitled to it. Jimmy shouldn't allow himself to be a slave to someone elses demands and for gods sake if it turns out that no reunion tour happens then move on and create some new music.

Jeff

Given a choice of Robert working with Jimmy, Jones, and Jason or the Strange Sensations, I cannot for the life of me understand how any Zeppelin (or Plant) fan would choose the latter. IMO it would be cowardice for Robert to turn down such an opportunity, if it exists at the time.

WHITESNAKE Frontman Shoots Down LED ZEPPELIN Tour-Support Rumors

WHITESNAKE frontman David Coverdale has contacted UK's Classic Rock magazine to set the record straight about his band's so-called plans to go on tour with LED ZEPPELIN.

Earlier in the week Coverdale was quoted as saying: "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy

any day asking my band WHITESNAKE to support them on their world tour. Am I on board? You bet. Probably worth billions.”

In an e-mail to Classic Rock's Geoff Barton, Coverdale requested: "May I call upon your assistance, if needed, ol' cock, to help put out this shitstorm that be gathering steam about me supposedly saying I'm awaiting Lord Page's call to invite me to be the supporting act on the forthcoming LED ZEPPELIN world tour.

"What fucking world tour, we ask ourselves? We're already out on our Good To Be Bad world tour, thank you very much!"

Coverdale continued: "I have no idea where this started, Geoffers. But, with the wildfire of the internet, my poor ol' German publicist is fighting them off with her rusty, but trusty, Luger.

"I assure you there is no… (of course there fucking isn't) …any foundation in this.

"Why, after all the charming back-and-forths between one Monsieur Plant and oneself through the years, who could imagine such a premise possible? Not me, squire!

"Besides," Coverdale concluded, "I've got a hit record and a sold-out tour, and I'm currently pretty fucking busy playing nightly, and joyfully, with my Fab Musical Serpents, ol' chum! No complaints here…"

After you prove to the world you are capable, things change. A lot was proven at the 02 that makes this time different then any other.

Jason sat in with them nearly 20 years ago and people came away from THAT one saying virtually the same thing.

I've posted this before (in exacting detail) so I'll just post again: Jimmy's back injury was not the result of performing on that tour. He got hurt offstage on his day off near LA.

A joke went around about this when it happened. Jimmy got tired of carrying The Black Crowes around! So as a result...

Jason sat in with them nearly 20 years ago and people came away from THAT one saying virtually the same thing.

Actually the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary concert took place exactly 20 years ago today. Just in case anyone was interested in marking the occassion in some sort of mini-celebration.

Not at all true. People said they were sad. Some (Jimmy?) said it was "unfortunate". This time around it was high praise, especially for Jason. Unless you a misguided lunatic with some type of hidden agenda, I can't see anyone coming away with the same feeling from Atlantic's 40th, and the 02.

WHITESNAKE Frontman Shoots Down LED ZEPPELIN Tour-Support Rumors

WHITESNAKE frontman David Coverdale has contacted UK's Classic Rock magazine to set the record straight about his band's so-called plans to go on tour with LED ZEPPELIN.

Earlier in the week Coverdale was quoted as saying: "I'm expecting a call from Jimmy

any day asking my band WHITESNAKE to support them on their world tour. Am I on board? You bet. Probably worth billions.”

In an e-mail to Classic Rock's Geoff Barton, Coverdale requested: "May I call upon your assistance, if needed, ol' cock, to help put out this shitstorm that be gathering steam about me supposedly saying I'm awaiting Lord Page's call to invite me to be the supporting act on the forthcoming LED ZEPPELIN world tour.

"What fucking world tour, we ask ourselves? We're already out on our Good To Be Bad world tour, thank you very much!"

Coverdale continued: "I have no idea where this started, Geoffers. But, with the wildfire of the internet, my poor ol' German publicist is fighting them off with her rusty, but trusty, Luger.

"I assure you there is no… (of course there fucking isn't) …any foundation in this.

"Why, after all the charming back-and-forths between one Monsieur Plant and oneself through the years, who could imagine such a premise possible? Not me, squire!

"Besides," Coverdale concluded, "I've got a hit record and a sold-out tour, and I'm currently pretty fucking busy playing nightly, and joyfully, with my Fab Musical Serpents, ol' chum! No complaints here…"

I'm not surprised by this article. But based on what I have been reading about the Plant/Krause tour lately, I think the chances of LZ playing live again are on the increase.

Not at all true. People said they were sad. Some (Jimmy?) said it was "unfortunate". This time around it was high praise, especially for Jason. Unless you a misguided lunatic with some type of hidden agenda, I can't see anyone coming away with the same feeling from Atlantic's 40th, and the 02.

Yeah, I'm a misguided lunatic with some type of hidden agenda. Or perhaps I've got a

razor sharp memory which overcomes all this post-02 revisionism. The fact is for all it's

flaws the reunion at the Atlantic Records concert stoked the same false hopes. I very

distinctly recall the phrase "Road Ready" being used. Wishful thinking then...and now.

Yeah, I'm a misguided lunatic with some type of hidden agenda. Or perhaps I've got a

razor sharp memory which overcomes all this post-02 revisionism. The fact is for all it's

flaws the reunion at the Atlantic Records concert stoked the same false hopes. I very

distinctly recall the phrase "Road Ready" being used. Wishful thinking then...and now.

It wasn't meant for you. Sorry it came off that way. Razor sharp. Got it. I'm not old enough to challenge you on it so you win. I am not under the impression they are ready to do anything. I do feel that this time, as apposed to the other years you posted, they had better reason. Karma and stuff like that. I also know I am wrong, because Robert does not wish to do so.

Archived