I'd like to apologize.

DoubleNecker

I'd like to apologize to many members here for something. Now some of you may think I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but I just want to let you know that I don't care, and it's the thought that counts at the moment.

Recently I've been very down and depressing a lot when I've come onto here, I don't mean to make myself sound like a broken record when I come on here and talk about my life. I'm just in a rut, and I'm gonna get out of it soon. I don't want people think of me as a person who is sad a lot or bitching about life everyday. A lot of people do it, but I don't want to be bitching about life everyday...even though I do sometimes. What'd I'd like to say to the older members who have known me since I've joined, that I'm still the goofy guy you guys met last year. And I don't want you guys to get tired of me, I almost lost a friend over something stupid and it hurts to lose a friend.

In other words, I hope you guys can just forgive me for downing myself a lot and not being peachy a lot. I'm just having troubles is all.

Thanks.

:D Sorry, I'm not really laughing (too loud!)...I read your 'apology' and I found it rather ironic. Not at all in a bad way, though. You see, I thought, "Oh my God...this person stole the thoughts right out of my mind..."

You probably dont have a clue what I'm talking about, it is ok. I, uh, have problems myself. I did almost do something very regrettable a few days ago. I believe I was saved from myself by what was either a cosmic coincidence or, well, an act of God.

I decided, in desperation, to open myself up on this forum. I had a sneaking suspicion that I was not the only one who has ever suffered...(insert malady here). I found out an amazing thing: People you dont even know can help you with shared experiences, with love and compassion, understanding and concern...and no, I was not 'healed' per se, but you know what? I believe the first aid I received from total strangers has stopped the 'bleeding'. And by 'first aid' I mean the kindness, compassion, advice, words of encouragement and, like i said above, shared experiences of others on this forum. They may well have allowed me to continue on when I thought I didn't have the strength...they were my strength when mine was gone...we are in this together friend.

Let it be known that there is hope...I am a living testament to the power of compassion of others and their unselfish concern---and living is the key word in that sentence!

I saw your thread title and smiled... :D some here may have saved my life...and believe me, dbl necker, if I can be salvaged, at least for today, then you no doubt have excellent chances for getting out of your 'rut'...like others have told me, dont be too hard on yourself, let yourself be human, good and bad. Dont be afraid or ashamed to accept an outstretched hand when you are down. At some point we all need the love and caring of one another. Peace and blessings to you, partner... :D

and the smile thing, well, let's just say that you stole the thread title right out of my mind... :D!

edited for spelling and punctuation...again

Like what? Suicide? Nah. I did think of it earlier this last month, but I got rid of the idea quickly.

OK cool...sometimes when people are thinking about doing that, they make ammends to people they think they have wronged, or get in touch with people to say goodbye - that sort of thing.

My advice, get help from someone qualified. There are people out there who can help you. It's easy to get caught up in a negative mental state, but certain methods (hypno-therapy for me) can be very successful. Hypnosis is nothing like in the movies, they don't put you to sleep and you don't have to have 'regressive therapy' ie. repressed memory retrieval. Sometimes talking about a problem over and over makes it worse, and you just need to connect with your subconscious mind, lay your past to rest and move on.

If that's not your bag, there is cognitive-therapy and in my view the last resort of medication plus a cognitive therapy.

Are you ok man? you're not thinking of doing anything silly are you

Like what? Suicide? Nah. I did think of it earlier this last month, but I got rid of the idea quickly.

It's good to know you killed that thought. :D

This'll turn into the depression thread pt. 2.

I'm in the same boat as Double Necker. I'm fucking miserable. Notice, I haven't even been posting here lately. I think I'm suffering from OCD. I expect everything to run smoothly and be perfect. When it doesn't/isn't I get all fucked up and pissed off. I just bought an IPOD and loaded about 3000 songs only to discover all the missing composers, typos, etc, etc. I'm spending all my time correcting everything and filling in all the blank. IT HAS TO BE DONE. Nobody drives correctly, my co-workers are all idiots, nobody responds to my phone calls or emails. None of my friends call anymore. On top of all this shit, I've been dealing with a medical condition and am waiting for the doctors test results. I am so fucked.

There's always ups and downs in life, time to get on the dancefloor and do the Crocodile Rock to Hot Dog man!!!

I heard that song! That's a good one!

Who said life was fair? Where is it written? Friends come and go. What matters is that you were open to listen to other people's experiences. I hope it made you see that what you were going trough wasn't all that bad. Believe it or not, there are others who do care. When wh're going through those valleys, we think we're the only ones with problems. I think that's what helped you.

I'm in the same boat as Double Necker. I'm fucking miserable. Notice, I haven't even been posting here lately. I think I'm suffering from OCD. I expect everything to run smoothly and be perfect. When it doesn't/isn't I get all fucked up and pissed off. I just bought an IPOD and loaded about 3000 songs only to discover all the missing composers, typos, etc, etc. I'm spending all my time correcting everything and filling in all the blank. IT HAS TO BE DONE. Nobody drives correctly, my co-workers are all idiots, nobody responds to my phone calls or emails. None of my friends call anymore. On top of all this shit, I've been dealing with a medical condition and am waiting for the doctors test results. I am so fucked.

Look at it this way. This won't last forever. Maybe you need to focus on your work and get a new set of friends. It sounds like you have a job, at least. A place to live. Money to spend. Maybe a car. Most people don't even have that. Some don't have a car, job, or a place to live. Some don't even have friends. Other than here. But life still goes on. Look at all that you do have and don't focus on everything that goes wrong. It's like a cancer. If you focus on it, it'll eat you up!

At least you have us.

I'd like to apologize to many members here for something. Now some of you may think I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but I just want to let you know that I don't care, and it's the thought that counts at the moment.

Recently I've been very down and depressing a lot when I've come onto here, I don't mean to make myself sound like a broken record when I come on here and talk about my life. I'm just in a rut, and I'm gonna get out of it soon. I don't want people think of me as a person who is sad a lot or bitching about life everyday. A lot of people do it, but I don't want to be bitching about life everyday...even though I do sometimes. What'd I'd like to say to the older members who have known me since I've joined, that I'm still the goofy guy you guys met last year. And I don't want you guys to get tired of me, I almost lost a friend over something stupid and it hurts to lose a friend.

In other words, I hope you guys can just forgive me for downing myself a lot and not being peachy a lot. I'm just having troubles is all.

Thanks.

Friends who threaten then end of a friendship over something stupid, arn't really your friend.

The internet might not be a good place for you.

Friends who threaten then end of a friendship over something stupid, arn't really your friend.

The internet might not be a good place for you.

What's funny about it, that the very next day, I asked them if we were cool about it and they had no clue what I was going on about, so I just left it alone and things went back to normal. And better here than the real world, because while I have many friends online, I have pretty much none in real life. Oh well.

What's funny about it, that the very next day, I asked them if we were cool about it and they had no clue what I was going on about, so I just left it alone and things went back to normal. And better here than the real world, because while I have many friends online, I have pretty much none in real life. Oh well.

Online is becoming much more of "the real life"

I've got many online friends and there is nothing wrong with it as long as you choose them well just like you would in "real life"

I've got many online friends and there is nothing wrong with it as long as you choose them well just like you would in "real life"

Yeah, because pretty much everybody I know, they are good people. Some of them I've only known for a year and they think of me as a close friend. In fact, two people think of me as a brother. Big brother for one though, but the other said that I helped him through tough times in his life last year so he's indebted to me for being there when he needed someone.

Thanks.

There is absolutely no need to apologize. Alot of people go through this to some extent, some more than others. I for one can understand what you are going through, and I want you to know, that it takes a lot of guts to share this with us, considering that there is unfortunatey still such a bad stigma attached to depression. Most people are still ashamed about feeling this way, and keep it inside like it is a big bad dark secret, and this only makes you feel worse. So any time you need someone to talk to, please know that I am here for you. IT'S O. K. !

Online IS real life these days. And I think rosiegirl is right on the money. In fact, you know you have lots of friends online if you need us. So don't hesitate, OK, handsome? :)

Hmmm...I don't think there is anything wrong with forming friendships over the internet, but it is not nor will it ever be a substitute for physical human interactions. Particularly relevant in a thread like this - a vital aspect of human happiness is acceptance and interaction with a peer group. This need cannot be fulfilled completely online.

There is absolutely no need to apologize. Alot of people go through this to some extent, some more than others. I for one can understand what you are going through, and I want you to know, that it takes a lot of guts to share this with us, considering that there is unfortunatey still such a bad stigma attached to depression. Most people are still ashamed about feeling this way, and keep it inside like it is a big bad dark secret, and this only makes you feel worse. So any time you need someone to talk to, please know that I am here for you. IT'S O. K. !
Always remember, a very wise man, that we all know and love once sang, flee from me keepers of the gloom, and upon us all just a little rain must fall. The Rain Song, always makes me feel better! :)

Archived