I'd like to apologize.

DoubleNecker

Hmmm...I don't think there is anything wrong with forming friendships over the internet, but it is not nor will it ever be a substitute for physical human interactions. Particularly relevant in a thread like this - a vital aspect of human happiness is acceptance and interaction with a peer group. This need cannot be fulfilled completely online.

Most of my online friends I've subsequently met in person. Gone to shows, gone out for drinks, gone on vacation. Many friendships originate online--people have to start somewhere, and I think online friendships are an increasingly normal/usual way for people to forge that initial bond. Better to talk online than not talk at all!

I don't see why an apology is necessary, both my daughter and I suffer from depression, and two years ago she tried to committ suicide, it was one of the darkest periods of my life, because she is so beautiful and compassionate, that I couldn't understand why this was happening, life throws curve balls and sometimes you just have to deal with it as best you can, luckily my daughter got help, and is on all natural meds for her depression, but it really helped to have friends there to get us through it.

I will light a candle on your behalf and send good wishes

"Good evening. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world.

And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind."

That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom...

Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live.

To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive!

Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

Most of my online friends I've subsequently met in person. Gone to shows, gone out for drinks, gone on vacation. Many friendships originate online--people have to start somewhere, and I think online friendships are an increasingly normal/usual way for people to forge that initial bond. Better to talk online than not talk at all!

Yes I suppose that's good, I'm not saying people shouldn't originate friendships online, and I'm not suggesting you have to meet everyone you meet online in person, I'm just saying that someone having only online relationships and not real world ones, is very unhealthy.

Ah brother! Why are you apologizing? There is no reason to be ashame, it's only natural to have bad moments every now and then.

I have thought of suicide a lot of time, still do occasionaly, but to get back on my feet, I think of my Grand Ma and how it'd kill her to see me dead in a maple coffin.

Change your living style, eliminate everything that is wrong around you, take some Omega-3, eat some strawberries (sounds ridiculous but it is not).

Listen to those Zappa's records I've send you... They'll cheer you up instantely.

We're all behind you, Rick. :kiss:

What's funny about it, that the very next day, I asked them if we were cool about it and they had no clue what I was going on about, so I just left it alone and things went back to normal. And better here than the real world, because while I have many friends online, I have pretty much none in real life. Oh well.

There are some real jerks on the internet too.

Yeah, because pretty much everybody I know, they are good people. Some of them I've only known for a year and they think of me as a close friend. In fact, two people think of me as a brother. Big brother for one though, but the other said that I helped him through tough times in his life last year so he's indebted to me for being there when he needed someone.
Hey guy, whats going on?, have not heard from you since yesterday. Hope everything is o.k.. Some people are trying to show you that they truly understand how you feel, including me. So when you get a chance, drop in on us, hope to talk to ya soon.

I drop by daily, pretty much. Although I drop in, I sometimes just check threads. I've been watching this thread and I'm glad that you guys are ok with what's going on.

Ya see, people DO care.

And hey, bring more HUMOR into your life. Laughing extends your time and colors your life !

Of course, I've had met quite a few, but none that made me want to quit the internet all together. I love blocking people who are dicks. :D
I guess I spoke too soon, we must have posted around the same time. You are right dont quit the internet just becouse of a few jerks. As you can see, there are a lot of people who can relate to you. So please keep in touch, I think we can all help each other.

I have plenty of humor in my life. Too much in fact. :P

You should have a long life then! :D

How can you be down if you're laughing so often? And remember, being down is part of life, it brings perspective. Just know you will rebound and things are rarely as bad as they seem.

Archived