Black Dog by Plant & Krauss

Too mellow for me, to be honest. Defanged. Kind of like what Unledded did with Nobody's Fault but Mine.

Yah I think so what they should have done is when it came to the oh baby, oh baby oh baby part just explode and play it like Zeppelin.

Yah I think so what they should have done is when it came to the oh baby, oh baby oh baby part just explode and play it like Zeppelin.

Robert doesn't want to play the songs as they were. He's into rearranging them to fit the style of what he's doing at the time.

Robert doesn't want to play the songs as they were. He's into rearranging them to fit the style of what he's doing at the time.

At least Robert can't be accused of capitalising off Zep.

At best an interesting arrangement.

At worst mildly amusing.

Personally, I prefer ROCK banjo myself! :rolleyes:

Yeah. The RP/AK approach seems to be to remove most of the dynamics of the Zep songs and keep it low key throughout. Kind of like what you might expect to hear playing in a Starbucks.

I've seen them live now and I really enjoying it but the LZ songs aren't the high points of the show in my opinion. I thought that When The Levee Breaks, Black Country Woman & The Battle Of Evermore work OK because the originals have their roots in the blues and country. But, Black Dog is a highly charged sexy rock song it aint a banjo shuffle. The words just seem wrong sung by a demure female country singer.

The contradiction of Alison singing songs written from the male perspective seemed stranger live than it does on the record.

Archived