Led Zeppelin Tour With Mostly New Songs

Not me...suppose the new stuff sucks...rahter mostly old stuff with a few new songs...and some songs they never played live before

Believe me, the new stuff won't suck! But I agree that it would have to be a mix of the traditional Zep with the new open-minded Zep songs...open minded being the key phrase.

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone seems to want to see a Led Zep tour to hear what they would have played in '73 or '75. And over the last 20+ years we've been questioning Mr. Plant is his unwillingness to replicate what he was doing decades earlier.

I'm with the camp that supports Mr. Plant. I've never seen Zep live, but I have seen Plant solo, Plant/Page, and the old Zep cover band Physical Graffiti in the early '90's when I was in college (whatever happened to them?). It was all great, but just to experience what I missed in the '70s.

Anyway, my point is that for those of us older Zep fans, how many of us would even think of repeating something we did 5, 10, 15, or 30 years ago? For those of us in the corporate world, imaging doing the same job more than a few years?

I for one would rather hear a full concert of new Jimmy Page solo songs than a repeat of the 02 set list. "For Your Life" live made that show special as they've never played it before. When Mr. Plant says he would do it again for a "really, really, good reason," I think he means if they recorded something new and special. I've been attending U2 concerts for 20 years, and it's only to hear their new material each time.

Based on comments from Mr. Page, he seems to have the framework completed for something exciting. Let's hope Mr. Plant will give the new material a listen...

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I dont know whey there is so much doubt on this site that there could be a tour within a year or so? If I had to make a bet, Id bet it will happen. Certainly they would have some new material. Whether they would have to cut an entire album, obviously they will sell out regardless. I think they would make the attempt and if they liked it, then they would release it.

If Zeppelin should decide to tour they should do it on behind a new album that can stand on it's own merits. I would hope that they only do it that way and show the world what they have to offer now and not rely on the old songs to sell out the large stadiums. If they still have the goods, show those of us who live in the now and leave the greatest hits to the washed up acts and their fans. Play the smaller venues and play the new stuff!

Ok I can see why reading this post IF I WAS a ex-member of Zep why I would not want to do a new album or a reunion..TOO HIGH EXPECTATIONS! I don't know about a new album, but to leave so many unreleased "live" tracks and studio tracks in the can is beyond me..

I could see them releasing some "new" unreleased material and then using that as a promotion. I thought the '90 Knebworth was GREAT...You could just tell that Plant/Page had such a kick ass time doing "Wearing and Tearing!"

Even though I loved Walking into clarksdale (after a few listens) I can see why a lot of fans did not like it.

But I'm only 31. I wasn't around when they were active and putting out albums. I can imagine how much different it was when Zeppelin III was released and the public was just expecting something completely different. And when Houses was released after IV. Completely different albums, completely different feel!

I love all the albums (even Coda)..But that's only because I was able to listen to every album over and over again and not have to wait 2-3 years for a new release. So yeah that makes a huge difference.

Musically, though, Zep. does have it I think. Floyd, unfortunately, went on in the 80's and 90's with very good music but nothing substantial. Motley Crue was hot in the 80's (great band)..But they could never find themselves after Decade since their music was based more on their MTV image rather than their music.

Zeppelin was always in it for their love for music and not selling out. Even though In Through was going towards an 80's feel, the magic was still there. It's all about if they want to do it or not. If the members do, it's going to come out great. If one of them doesn't but does it anyways..IT WILL SHOW BAD!

I say tour with old songs/cover songs/1-2 new songs/and live versions of unreleased songs which they could release such as an electric Bron-Yr-Stomp or Fire.

An official download site on here would be nice for the fans u know...

Ok I can see why reading this post IF I WAS a ex-member of Zep why I would not want to do a new album or a reunion..TOO HIGH EXPECTATIONS! I don't know about a new album, but to leave so many unreleased "live" tracks and studio tracks in the can is beyond me..

I could see them releasing some "new" unreleased material and then using that as a promotion. I thought the '90 Knebworth was GREAT...You could just tell that Plant/Page had such a kick ass time doing "Wearing and Tearing!"

Even though I loved Walking into clarksdale (after a few listens) I can see why a lot of fans did not like it.

But I'm only 31. I wasn't around when they were active and putting out albums. I can imagine how much different it was when Zeppelin III was released and the public was just expecting something completely different. And when Houses was released after IV. Completely different albums, completely different feel!

I love all the albums (even Coda)..But that's only because I was able to listen to every album over and over again and not have to wait 2-3 years for a new release. So yeah that makes a huge difference.

Musically, though, Zep. does have it I think. Floyd, unfortunately, went on in the 80's and 90's with very good music but nothing substantial. Motley Crue was hot in the 80's (great band)..But they could never find themselves after Decade since their music was based more on their MTV image rather than their music.

Zeppelin was always in it for their love for music and not selling out. Even though In Through was going towards an 80's feel, the magic was still there. It's all about if they want to do it or not. If the members do, it's going to come out great. If one of them doesn't but does it anyways..IT WILL SHOW BAD!

I say tour with old songs/cover songs/1-2 new songs/and live versions of unreleased songs which they could release such as an electric Bron-Yr-Stomp or Fire.

An official download site on here would be nice for the fans u know...

[/quote

If they toured with only one or two new songs and did only the songs that have been featured on fm radio the last thirty years that would be a sad day indeed. Zeppelin was always a band that did things outside mainstream expectations and I don't see why 2008 should be any different. If they were to reunite again they would have to have something new to offer to remain vital. Doing stadiums "Stones" style now would be a travesty for this band. What are the expectations for Zeppelin now? No matter what they do it won't be good enough for some.

My big worry about them recording before a tour is that if they can't make an album worthy of the name (and that is very likely imho) then the tour would never happen. Even if they could record an album it pushs the tour back towrds the end of the decade.

Far better to do a tour (Led Zep an oldies band - don't make me laugh!) then record and do another tour. Nowt wrong with them preparing a couple of new songs to road test. As far as I remember (I could be wrong!) they only played 2 new songs (In The Evening & Hot Dog) at Knebworth and on the 1980 European tour.

It would be a crime if they got together again. The technicality of Zep is for 20 something's....a full on tour would be impossible at their age, and tarnish everything they have become.

It will not happen...so no need to worry. No new and no old.....more unfinished songs from the vault...well that's a different matter, who knows. People were always saying....shut up....there's nothing left. Strange how with many box sets, a number pops up, like Baby Come On Home etc....

If Zeppelin should decide to tour they should do it on behind a new album that can stand on it's own merits. I would hope that they only do it that way and show the world what they have to offer now and not rely on the old songs to sell out the large stadiums. If they still have the goods, show those of us who live in the now and leave the greatest hits to the washed up acts and their fans. Play the smaller venues and play the new stuff!

Yes they should make new material. But are you kidding?? Do you think Led Zeppelin is doable in a small venue? That is just crazy. And do you think they are not going to play Stairway to Heaven and Rock n Roll, and Kashmir, etc.?? I would be very disappointed if they didnt play the old hits along with the new. If I have to chose one or the other, give me the old great songs. Small venue. ha

Yes they should make new material. But are you kidding?? Do you think Led Zeppelin is doable in a small venue? That is just crazy. And do you think they are not going to play Stairway to Heaven and Rock n Roll, and Kashmir, etc.?? I would be very disappointed if they didnt play the old hits along with the new. If I have to chose one or the other, give me the old great songs. Small venue. ha

Yes, I do think if Zeppelin would be doable in venues smaller than the largest football stadiums America has to offer. I'm not saying do clubs but something in between. If most of their focus was on creating new music and letting their real fans decide if they were interested or not it would give them a chance to be real again and not just older shadows of what they once were.

To answer the main question.... HELL NO!!!

If they said that they were gonna play just a few old songs, and the rest new, I wouldn't pay for what are sure to be ridiculously priced tickets.

I went and seen Page/Plant and they sprinkled in the new stuff, but mainly stuck to Zep material. It was fantasmonious.

New material> awesome

Tour> even better

Tour of mostly new material>count me out

People need to face up to the fact that the Zep boys can't write like they used to, or at least haven't in more recent times. Ya only get one deal with the devil, if ya get me.

It would be a crime if they got together again. The technicality of Zep is for 20 something's....a full on tour would be impossible at their age, and tarnish everything they have become.

It will not happen...so no need to worry. No new and no old.....more unfinished songs from the vault...well that's a different matter, who knows. People were always saying....shut up....there's nothing left. Strange how with many box sets, a number pops up, like Baby Come On Home etc....

There is nothin left in the vaults from the Zep days, or it would be in circulation. Page was relieved of it years ago.

Although I understand with what your saying, I for one would not want to hear anything new. To me, it seems that when bands come back and make a new album after a long hiatus, for the most part its no good. Especially with a band like Zeppelin, I don't think such a high expectation could be fulfilled, because it just would not be the same as the 70's. Not to say that I wouldn't be excited for a tour and to hear what it would sound like though! :D

Although I understand with what your saying, I for one would not want to hear anything new. To me, it seems that when bands come back and make a new album after a long hiatus, for the most part its no good. Especially with a band like Zeppelin, I don't think such a high expectation could be fulfilled, because it just would not be the same as the 70's. Not to say that I wouldn't be excited for a tour and to hear what it would sound like though! :D

I can't believe you said that.

Everyone seems to want to see a Led Zep tour to hear what they would have played in '73 or '75. And over the last 20+ years we've been questioning Mr. Plant is his unwillingness to replicate what he was doing decades earlier.

I'm with the camp that supports Mr. Plant. I've never seen Zep live, but I have seen Plant solo, Plant/Page, and the old Zep cover band Physical Graffiti in the early '90's when I was in college (whatever happened to them?). It was all great, but just to experience what I missed in the '70s.

Anyway, my point is that for those of us older Zep fans, how many of us would even think of repeating something we did 5, 10, 15, or 30 years ago? For those of us in the corporate world, imaging doing the same job more than a few years?

I for one would rather hear a full concert of new Jimmy Page solo songs than a repeat of the 02 set list. "For Your Life" live made that show special as they've never played it before. When Mr. Plant says he would do it again for a "really, really, good reason," I think he means if they recorded something new and special. I've been attending U2 concerts for 20 years, and it's only to hear their new material each time.

Based on comments from Mr. Page, he seems to have the framework completed for something exciting. Let's hope Mr. Plant will give the new material a listen...

Iwant to hear and have forever a new Zep album. I want the old stuff, I want the new stuff, and I want to see a mix of both!

I think that they have to do what they think is ok. I mean it would be soooo huge and amazing to see and hear what it would be like. The elements would be there, but would it be like it was 35 years ago, probably not but I still think it would be amazing, a different type of amazing. They would have invest alot of time and effort and sacrifices. They did prove that they can still play live together. Now let's see if they can still record together. Just my thoughts.

Archived