Jason Bonham and Foreigner

I don't mean to be ignorant (sometimes I can't help myself) but what the hell is Jason Bonham doing playing with Foreigner? They got a couple of good songs, but,

I don't know... it just baffles me.

It seems to me that it wouldn't be too difficult for Jason to get himself involved in a project a little more interesting and challenging than Foreigner.

Sounds like a really boring gig, to me.

It was Jason who actually inspired Mick Jones to get the band back together after they met at a charity event and played together in a "make shift" Foreigner. Jason himself is a big Foreigner fan. Time will tell whether this current line up will stay the distance, as there have been reports of Jeff Pilson re-uniting with his old Dokken bandmates possibly next year. There was talk of Foreigner releasing the 4 album, bolstered by some new tracks but, as yet, I haven't heard a release date confirmation.

It was Jason who actually inspired Mick Jones to get the band back together after they met at a charity event and played together in a "make shift" Foreigner. Jason himself is a big Foreigner fan. Time will tell whether this current line up will stay the distance, as there have been reports of Jeff Pilson re-uniting with his old Dokken bandmates possibly next year. There was talk of Foreigner releasing the 4 album, bolstered by some new tracks but, as yet, I haven't heard a release date confirmation.

Speaking of Jason do you have live at the cat club ny,ny 89

I wish they'd played one of their 'rockier' songs at the O2 - I thought the sight of a schoolgirl choir singing 'I want to know what love is, I want you to show me' along with the band to be rather Spinal Tapesque...

Speaking of Jason do you have live at the cat club ny,ny 89

Al, that gig was held on Mon, Nov 27 1989 and simulcast live on WNEW FM Radio.

I do not have it yet but I've put some inquiries forward. This was that band's first

North American tour and the late Daniel MacMaster was on vocals.

SAJ

Al, that gig was held on Mon, Nov 27 1989 and simulcast live on WNEW FM Radio.

I do not have it yet but I've put some inquiries forward. This was that band's first

North American tour and the late Daniel MacMaster was on vocals.

SAJ

Sent you a pm I have a cd of it I copied from a casette tape . If you find a really good one let me know I might upgrade.

thanks

Al

Bonham89ticketnorfolkva.jpg

Bonham and Dangerous Toys opening for the Cult great show

mycaljam2ticket78.jpg

Foriegner played this Gig I was far from the stage though at least 200,000 people and yes I was trashed.Stevie Nicks,Bob Welch,Mick Fleetwood ,Frank Marino and Mahogany Rush,Aerosmith, rubicon,Ted Nugent,Heart

skynyrdheart77anihiemstadium.jpg

They opened this show also Heart was there

foriegner78brla.jpg

With Cheap Trick

I've just been mooching about the Foreigner website, and on the forum some guys were at a taping on 29th April in Chicago of a Foreigner show that was being recorded for a music programme called "Soundstage" (can someone enlighten me on what this is? Is it something that airs on US tv?)

and the band premiered a new song...Too Late...with lead singer Kelly informing the audience that a new album will be out by the end of the year.

Soooo, I would imagine that there will be a lot of Foreigner activity happening within the coming months.

I dont know if it is American only but Robert appeared on it in 2005 and played about 10 songs They released it on dvd .I have a copy Sheryl Crow did one so I am sure they will release a dvd of that one two I always tvo them but if it is a band I really like I purchase the DVD because there is usually extra songs on it.

rpandssfrt.jpg

rpandssback.jpg

I dont know if it is American only but Robert appeared on it in 2005 and played about 10 songs They released it on dvd .I have a copy Sheryl Crow did one so I am sure they will release a dvd of that one two I always tvo them but if it is a band I really like I purchase the DVD because there is usually extra songs on it.

rpandssfrt.jpg

rpandssback.jpg

Thanks for that Al. It's good news that they do a DVD release as I wouldn't get to see it unless it is recorded off the tv :)

• 2 years later...

I think it is so cool that two of Jason's favorite groups from his childhood till now- he ends up plying drums for them. Those groups being Foreigner and UFO and he fit right in. Some of his drumming influences besides his dad are Dennis Elliott (original drummer for Foreigner) -Andy Parker (original UFO drummer) and believe it or not Phil Collins.

I have 2 dvd's with Jason playing with Foreigner and one with him playing with UFO and they are excellant.

One of Jason's first bands was Airrace and if you can ever find it- it's called Shaft of Light- it is very good. I bought it on cassette back in 1984 when it fort came out. His work with Virginia Wolf was great as well.

Archived