Veggie

Mjolnir

My gf and I are thinking about becoming vegetarians/vegans. She wants to be a vegan, I want to be a lacto-vegetarian. I've tried to become a vegetarian on several occasions but have failed. Does anyone have any tips or words of advice for this life change?

Don't eat meat and mix your proteins.

Always have three different types of proteins mixed in a meal

the proteins being from milk products, nuts, grains, vegetables, fruits, and legumes

I've been a vegetarian since 1980 when the pizza stores refused to make a vegetarian pizza and the very few that let me order it charged me an extra three dollars for not putting the pepperoni on the pizza

I was a vegan for two years butt missed the cheese so I went back to vegetarian butt their wasn't a difference in how I felt or in energy level between the two

the proteins being from milk products, nuts, grains, vegetables, fruits, and legumes

I've been a vegetarian since 1980 when the pizza stores refused to make a vegetarian pizza and the very few that let me order it charged me an extra three dollars for not putting the pepperoni on the pizza

I was a vegan for two years butt missed the cheese so I went back to vegetarian butt their wasn't a difference in how I felt or in energy level between the two

Thanks, man! I don't think I could go without cheese either, so that's whay I plan to be a lacto-vegetarian.

This is very good advice. I also would like to be a vegan, I prefer legumes, grains,veggies, and nuts, over meat. But I must admit about every 6 months I crave a good steak, or bacon cheeseburger. So I don't know which way I will eventually go. But I do know that you have to get your protein, to keep strong, and to prevent your hair from falling out. You can get protein from milk products, as well as combining rice and beans, or legumes. And also nuts have protein as well. I do think this is a healthy way to eat, so good luck.

This is very good advice. I also would like to be a vegan, I prefer legumes, grains,veggies, and nuts, over meat. But I must admit about every 6 months I crave a good steak, or bacon cheeseburger. So I don't know which way I will eventually go. But I do know that you have to get your protein, to keep strong, and to prevent your hair from falling out. You can get protein from milk products, as well as combining rice and beans, or legumes. And also nuts have protein as well. I do think this is a healthy way to eat, so good luck.

You can also get protein from Soy. It's an excellent source of it and comes in many forms - tofu, tempeh, edamame.

You can also get protein from Soy. It's an excellent source of it and comes in many forms - tofu, tempeh, edamame.
You are so right, I guess I forgot about soy, because I dont like it, except maybe for soy milk, that is chocolate or vanilla. Oh yea, and I really like roasted soy beans.

You are so right, I guess I forgot about soy, because I dont like it, except maybe for soy milk, that is chocolate or vanilla. Oh yea, and I really like roasted soy beans.
I guess I should rephrase this. I do like soy, just not in the form of tofu. Soy in any form is extremely healthy, and packed with protein. It is an excellent replacement for meat. As far as books, I am sure you can find plenty of them at your local book store or library, and you really should educate yourself on the subject,so you can do it the right way and be healthy. I also love to make a good stir fry with noodles and veggies, and lots of soy sauce.

I guess I should rephrase this. I do like soy, just not in the form of tofu. Soy in any form is extremely healthy, and packed with protein. It is an excellent replacement for meat. As far as books, I am sure you can find plenty of them at your local book store or library, and you really should educate yourself on the subject,so you can do it the right way and be healthy. I also love to make a good stir fry with noodles and veggies, and lots of soy sauce.

I love tofu and have received many strange remarks over the years when I tell people so. Whole Foods has several variations of it at their salad bar. I'm also an edamame freak.

Organic dried banannas!! There was a health food store in NJ that sold them. They look like discarded cigars. Wish I could find a store in MD that sold them.

Careful with the soy sauce, it is very high in sodium.

Photo of organic dried bananas. They are moist, not hard like most of the ones you see. These suckers are good.

bananas.jpg

Those do look pretty good! There aren't many good stores around here that carry organic or vegan friendly foods. :(

Tips? I got one:

Don't do it ;)

It's healthier not to be vegetarian anyways

There are essential elements in meat, found ONLY in meat.

I've witnessed the meatless diet causing sickness, that resumed consumption cured.

I've witnessed the meatless diet causing sickness, that resumed consumption cured.

According to South Park, if you don't eat meat, you turn into a giant pussy.

I love tofu and have received many strange remarks over the years when I tell people so. Whole Foods has several variations of it at their salad bar. I'm also an edamame freak.

Organic dried banannas!! There was a health food store in NJ that sold them. They look like discarded cigars. Wish I could find a store in MD that sold them.

Careful with the soy sauce, it is very high in sodium.

I realized after I posted, that I should of added to use low sodium or lite soy sauce. I used to use regular soy sauce, but since I like it so much, I am not a pretty sight the next morning, you know all bloated and puffy! B)

I realized after I posted, that I should of added to use low sodium or lite soy sauce. I used to use regular soy sauce, but since I like it so much, I am not a pretty sight the next morning, you know all bloated and puffy! B)

Nice tip. I love soy sauce!

You can get most of the nutrients found in meat in many other forms. B complex and Omega 3s are things they recommend taking supplements for.

Archived