Terry Reid

Not sure if this has been brought up already or not, but what are your thoughts on how the band would be different had Terry Reid accepted Jimmy Page's invitation to fill the lead singer spot for the 'New Yardbirds'??

I just recently got into Terry Reid (after watching The Devil's Rejects), and man he has some great stuff.

Not sure if this has been brought up already or not, but what are your thoughts on how the band would be different had Terry Reid accepted Jimmy Page's invitation to fill the lead singer spot for the 'New Yardbirds'??

I just recently got into Terry Reid (after watching The Devil's Rejects), and man he has some great stuff.

The old what if question always will be a what if question .The simply truth is with out Robert there would have been NO John Bonham;and without jb and rp there would never be LZ!

The simple truth is with out Robert there would have been NO John Bonham; and without jb and rp there would never be LZ!

Jimmy was determined to form a band consistent with his musical vision in Summer 1968. Only without Jimmy Page would there have been no Led Zeppelin.

The Raconteurs do a GREAT rendition of his "Rich Kid Blues". Look up Terry's on youtube. It's him now. My buddy knows him, hung out with him not too long ago in NYC. Funny but tragic guy.

i'm going to see terry reid next month. he may be best known as one of rocks "what ifs" but he was and still is a great talent

it's a shame that his first album in '69 was produced by mickie most, who may have been a great promoter (he shared an office with peter grant for a while) but he wasnt a good producer and the album suffers a bit because of it, but it is a great collection of songs.

it's easy to see why jimmy was interested in hooking up with him before planty came along

Whaat Iif piiigs coould flly maaan...

Pink Floyd did their reunion gig so pigs can fly man.

:D

Seriously. What if Jimmy Page had never been born. There would be no Led Zeppelin. Or it would be Moony and Entwistles version.

Pink Floyd did their reunion gig so pigs can fly man.

:D

Seriously. What if Jimmy Page had never been born. There would be no Led Zeppelin. Or it would be Moony and Entwistles version.

didn't a huge pig (the size of two big houses) go flying off into space not to long ago?....I sware I heard this the other night on the radio.......lol

didn't a huge pig (the size of two big houses) go flying off into space not to long ago?....I sware I heard this the other night on the radio.......lol

I heard on the radio that the pig had Obama written on it's belly, however, on Yahoo news, pics show the scrawled writing to say "don't be led to slaughter" which is a lot more consistent with the political outlook on the Animals album by Pink Floyd.

My friend saw Terry Reid in L.A and said his voice is still great.

Jimmy was determined to form a band consistent with his musical vision in Summer 1968. Only without Jimmy Page would there have been no Led Zeppelin.

That's not entirely true. When Jimmy was looking to form a band after the collapse of the Yardbirds he had two directions in mind. One was what eventually became LZ. The other was to do something in a more acoustic vein. Remember he is a huge fan of Bert Jansch. Finding Robert and then being introduced to Bonzo led him along the path to LZ. A different vocalist with a different style from Robert and a less powerful drummer could have meant an entirely different band. LZ became what it was only with the combination of Jimmy's vision and the talents, styles and tastes of RP, JB and JPJ.

That's not entirely true. When Jimmy was looking to form a band after the collapse of the Yardbirds he had two directions in mind. One was what eventually became LZ. The other was to do something in a more acoustic vein. Remember he is a huge fan of Bert Jansch. Finding Robert and then being introduced to Bonzo led him along the path to LZ. A different vocalist with a different style from Robert and a less powerful drummer could have meant an entirely different band. LZ became what it was only with the combination of Jimmy's vision and the talents, styles and tastes of RP, JB and JPJ.

Thanks Bill ,your a legend.

Archived