What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

I just saw this all-girl tribute band Zeparella this weekend in Denver!! They were very impressive. Gretchan, with her sweet angelic face, played the guitar quite exactly and as well as Jimmy Page! And the drummer got a real workout. I hope to see them again. They are well worth seeing. :D

:beer: THUNDER ! " 20 years and out " tour.

a packed out Wolverhampton Civic last night bad a fond farewell to this vastly under-rated band, who finish today.

They came out to the rousing chorus of AC//DCs 'Thunderstruck' - had the house rocking from that moment on. Then, straight into 'Backstreet Symphony', and just kept it going.

A truly great gig which will live in the memory, and climaxed with 'Dirty Love' - everybody on the balcony out of their seats at that point in a huge tidal wave of emotion.

Thanks for the memories guys - and the very best of luck in all of your future plans :wave:

:beer: THUNDER ! " 20 years and out " tour.

a packed out Wolverhampton Civic last night bad a fond farewell to this vastly under-rated band, who finish today.

They came out to the rousing chorus of AC//DCs 'Thunderstruck' - had the house rocking from that moment on. Then, straight into 'Backstreet Symphony', and just kept it going.

A truly great gig which will live in the memory, and climaxed with 'Dirty Love' - everybody on the balcony out of their seats at that point in a huge tidal wave of emotion.

Thanks for the memories guys - and the very best of luck in all of your future plans :wave:

I saw Thunder 3 times in the 90's and have to say they were some of the best gigs I have been to, really realy great band !! They are doing one last show at this years Knebworth Festival aka Sonispheare headlining the the third stage.

It was a deliberate joke confusing Jeff Beck with Beck, no one really picked up on it. :D

I caught that ledded1 and it sounds very much like the kind of joke I would make. ;) We think alike because just a couple of days ago I saw that same picture in your signature (Mad magazine/Mona Lisa) and was contemplating using it as my avatar. You beat me to it LOL.

:beer: JON ANDERSON , last night at the Robin 2 , Bilston. this was special :thumbsup:

2 sets and 2 encores.

And you would never have known that Jon was coming back from illness. He hit all of the notes, even the high ones, powerfully and with ease, no strain at all.

Great backing from the audience, in fact maybe a little too much at times - a real singalong, but Jon absolutely loved it, encouraging the audience, and chipping in with the odd joke and a story here and there.

The fans getting into 'Roundabout' (during the 1st encore) was an experience to behold. :yay:

Sounds fabulous, where was the show? Dare I ask -- do you think YES will ever reform or is this rift permanent?

I saw an outdoor concert of Tears for Fears last night. It was short but sweet, only an hour's worth of their greatest hits which are the only ones I know. Seems I was the only non-diehard fan there.

The night before last my family attended the Distant Worlds: Music from Final Fantasy with the Seattle Symphony and it was really nice. Seems I was the only one over 30 years old at that.

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts w/ The T's, the Bleeding Hearts and I Was Totally Destroying It at Raleigh's Downtown Live concert series last night. Afterwards I caught a bit of a band called Perfect Colour across the street at the Pour House.

Def Leopard, Poison, Cheap Trick at Riverbend ampitheater in Cincinnati. Yesterday.

Missed Cheap Trick because we arrived late.

Poison was OK. Not a big fan of theirs. Bret Michaels was pumped up and excited to be in Cinci as he said he had alot of friends in Cinci. He invited the audience to party with him at a local bar after the concert.

I liked Def Leopard. They played all their old hits and a few new ones. Nice performance.

But I must say, that after seeing Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood, I am afraid that I am going to be a bit disappointed at all other concert that I attend. Once you have witnessed perfection and the pinnacle of musicianship, nothing can hold a candle to that.

And I don't particularly like outdoor concerts. It was hot and humid. And it seemed like the weirdos come out of the woodwork (in this case, I think that they crawled out of the Ohio River which was next to the venue, lol) to attend these more informal settings. Too much of a party atmosphere, not enough appreciation of the performance, in my opinion.

Went to Madness - puke. Don't know who they are.

They had a hit called Our House that was nearly inescapable back in the 80s. They were part of a larger movement of twotone ska performers that also included The English Beat and The Specials.

The last show I saw was The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players with Lady Blanche at the Pour House in Raleigh. They travel the country visiting estate sales, yard sales, garage sales, etc. rummaging for old slides which they then set to music as part of their show. Dad plays the guitar and keyboards, Mom runs the slide projector and their daughter Rachel plays the drums. Each also has their own sideprojects. Rachel currently stars in her own children's program which she describes as a "psychedelic Sesame Street". During the show she did a couple of numbers, one of which was a cover of a Pink Floyd song.

The opener, Lady Blanche is a singer-songwriter who struck me as a cross between humorist-songwriter Todd Snider with the sexually frank lyrics of Liz Phair. If so inclined you can check out samples from both artists below (you can even download Lady Blanche's album for free from her site).

Lady Blanche

Edited by Jahfin