What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

• 1 month later...

Maroon 5, with The Hives and Sarah Bareilles Oct. 8 in Charlottesville VA. 2 big thumbs up on Maroon 5 and also Sarah, who we (daughter and I) had never heard of before, but whose CD we bought within days of the concert. It was my daughter's first concert :)

The Hives were a bit much for me; I probably would have loved them when I was in my 20s, though.

The last 5 gigs I've been to ...............

Ozzy / Korn

Riders On The Storm 2007 ( The Doors )

Alice in Chains / Stone Sour

Korn

Fear Factory

SlipKnot

Mastodon

Slayer / Slipknot

Since I've began to go to concerts at age 13 I've been writing down the gigs I've gone to

and up till now I've been to 383 gigs - as You can guess I LOVE live music

Chris and Marc Smith of Patty Hurst Shifter

Friday, February 1

Slim's Downtwn Distillery

Raleigh, NC

The Annuals

Friday, February 1

Pour House Music Hall

Raleigh, NC

Joe Swank & the Zen Pirates

Saturday, February 2

Sadlack's Heroes

Raleigh, NC

Edited by Jahfin

The Who May 2007 Fantastic gig and setlist...was wishing maybe, against all odds, we would have got Slip Kid as it is a favourite of mine but I know it's long been abandoned live..alas, we didn't, but The Seeker and Sparks made up for its no show. :)

My band got asked last minute to play in the canteen at uni, which we did yesterday.

Well...it was certainly the weirdest gig I've ever played.

I would've thought they would at least like, make a space for people that wanted to watch the band, but it was just like...the normal canteen but with us stuck in the corner.

One girl came and told us to turn down halfway through, which we couldn't, because of it being the canteen the drum kit wasn't mic'd up so we could only be as quiet as the kit.

*Sigh*, it was all very strange.

Although we thought nobody was taking a blind bit of notice, but then when we finished the set, a whole shitload of people got up and left.

So I guess some people were listening.

I'm glad it's over and done with though; I don't think we'd do it again.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bleeding Hearts

Stayin' After Class Revisited

Saturday, February 9th

Slim's Downtown Distillery

Raleigh, NC

bleedinghearts.jpg

The Bleeding Hearts "Pretty Enough"

Before beginning work on their next record The Bleeding Hearts played their debut (Stayin' After Class) all the way through and then finished up by playing a couple of numbers that'll be on the next record.

The White Stripes at Madison Sq Garden for Icky Thump, I was right in front. Jack White is my hero. Two hours straight, non-stop, amazingggg!

"Im slowly turning into you" from Icky Thump surprisingly turned out to be my fav tune of the night.

Porter Wagoner opened for them, he was so adorable, I am really glad I got to see him. RIP

Don't know who I am going to see next. I secretly want to see Dolly Parton when she comes to Radio City Music Hall in May. hehe :)

Don't know who I am going to see next. I secretly want to see Dolly Parton when she comes to Radio City Music Hall in May. hehe :)

Why? There's not a damn thing the matter with being a fan of Dolly Parton's. Unfortunately she hasn't been in the best of health lately though. Hopefully she'll recover soon so you'll be able to see her.

Why? There's not a damn thing the matter with being a fan of Dolly Parton's. Unfortunately she hasn't been in the best of health lately though. Hopefully she'll recover soon so you'll be able to see her.

I told my roommate that I wanted to go, she made fun of me. I don't know why I cared, her taste sucks.

I recently saw Led Zepagain at the HOB in West Hollywood....awesome as usual! They recreated the O2 show; it was fantastic, awesome, wonderful......for those interested, if they come to your town and recreate this show, definitely check it out.

My next show is Heart and hopefully AK/RP (whenever they announce southern california/west coast dates).

Just saw Van Halen last Thursday here in Orlando. I thought they were fantastic. I saw Van Hagar about 15 years ago and this version was waaaaay better. DLR looked amazing, his singing has declined over the years, but he is sounding better than when he was solo. Besides, Dave was never known for his singing abilities. EVH looked and sounded incredible. Alex and Wolfy were solid, though I do believe the background vocals were canned. No BS in between songs and a great set list. I would see them again in a heartbeat.

The last concert I attended....on this date, 2-21 was the Grateful Dead, in 1995 !

19950219_1517.jpg

:D

You can listen to a fantastic streaming soundboard of this show here....consider one of the best for '95 and all time by many Deadheads...

http://www.archive.org/details/gd95-02-21....8840.sbeok.shnf

setlist:

Salt Lake City (only time EVER played)

Friend Of The Devil

Wang Dang Doodle

Tennessee Jed,

Broken Arrow

Black Throated Wind

So Many Roads

The Music Never Stopped

Foolish Heart

Samba In The Rain

Truckin'

I Just Want To Make Love To You To You

That Would Be Something

Drums-> Space

Visions Of Johanna

Sugar Magnolia

E: Liberty

Edited by Joelmon

I'd have loved to have seen The Dead but they weren't playing in England by the time I got into them.

Last concert for me was Dylan about this time last year. 9th or 1oth time I've seen him and one of the best, he's really be rejuvenated recently

I'm sure you're not...but please don't confuse The Dead, with The Grateful Dead. I mean, I was LUCKY enough to see Jerry alive....and The Dead was a technically a continuation without Jerry.