What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

Foo Fighters at the John Labatt Centre in London, Ontario

March 20th

WAS FUCKING INSANE

Halfway through the show the had a platform lowered down in the middle of the arena and they walked out and played an acoustic set. There was lots of jamming, and a couple pretty cool drum solos and some cool "zeppelin-esque" guitar solos. They also had a brief triangle solo, which was hilarious. Speaking of which, Dave Grohl is a bloody hilarious guy.

Oh, and they played for over 2 hours.

Edited by Jarlaxle 56

Adi Manolovici concert, a Romanian guitarist. He's a Satriani fan :) . Was pretty cool. In the opening, a band called Idol played Paranoid from Black Sabbath and something from Scorpions.

And a few months ago, Iris concert, another Romanian band.

iris2re7.jpg

• 1 month later...

l_1f6963355d0091e324e0822980e96848.jpg

Then on Monday, it was Van Halen at the RBC Center in Raleigh. First time I'd seen them since they played with Poco, Boston and the Outlaws way back in '79 when they all performed at June Jam at Carter-Finley Stadium (also in Raleigh).

l_1f6963355d0091e324e0822980e96848.jpg

Then on Monday, it was Van Halen at the RBC Center in Raleigh. First time I'd seen them since they played with Poco, Boston and the Outlaws way back in '79 when they all performed at June Jam at Carter-Finley Stadium (also in Raleigh).

Saw The Who at Carter Finley in 1989

Saw The Who at Carter Finley in 1989

I've seen a few concerts there over the years. In addition to Van Halen (which nearly erupted into a riot) I saw:

Grateful Dead

w/ Bruce Hornsby & the Range

July 10th, 1990

Rolling Stones

w/ Lenny Kravitz

Voodoo Lounge Tour

September 7th, 1994

So have I! I haven't had the best luck with concerts

...but I did make it to Disney on Ice today :wub::D

img6412ol5.jpg

That is nice, I bet you enjoyed it! :D

The concerts I missed here in Sydney were Carlos Santana, the Black Crowes and Whitesnake. Sugar!

Now I am planning to go and see Powderfinger in June. Never been to one of their concerts. it's a good Aussie band, :thumbsup:

Roger Waters, last night at the Echo Arena Liverpool (UK). During Sheep, when the pig was floating around the arena the audience was showered with tickertape endorsing Obama.

I keep forgetting to say something about the Police concert on the 13th!

Hah, well it was pretty damn good, mostly played their hits with a couple non-hits in there… the focus was mostly on Sting, but I guess that's to be expected… also it was pretty short for the cost of the tickets. Elvis Costello played for an hour before the Police, and the Police only played for about 100 minutes…

and considering most tickets sold were $200+ that's not very long. I didn't have to pay cos a friend took me, but still.

Elvis C. wasn't that great. His guitar was inaudible, though his keyboardist was pretty cool… used a theremin on one song, no idea what song it was :lol:

BUT Stewart Copeland was absolutely AMAZING. Still has loads of energy.

I keep forgetting to say something about the Police concert on the 13th!

Hah, well it was pretty damn good, mostly played their hits with a couple non-hits in there… the focus was mostly on Sting, but I guess that's to be expected… also it was pretty short for the cost of the tickets. Elvis Costello played for an hour before the Police, and the Police only played for about 100 minutes…

and considering most tickets sold were $200+ that's not very long. I didn't have to pay cos a friend took me, but still.

Elvis C. wasn't that great. His guitar was inaudible, though his keyboardist was pretty cool… used a theremin on one song, no idea what song it was :lol:

BUT Stewart Copeland was absolutely AMAZING. Still has loads of energy.

Thanks for the report. I wanted to see the Police back in '85 when they hit Greensboro on the Synchronicity Tour but I couldn't find anyone to go with me so I caught them in Charlotte this past fall on their reunion tour. It was very good and I enjoyed it immensely but I'm not so sure I'd be willing to drop $90 on seats in the nosebleed section again. And you're right about Stewart Copeland, he kicked ass all night long.

I went to three concerts this weekend. First up, on Friday night, I went to see Plant and Krauss. They were incredible, their voices really fits together. The highligts was Down To The River To Pray, Black Dog and Your Long Journey. I only wish it would have been in a smaller venue, but, unfortunatly that is not an option for artists with this magnitude.

Early on Saturday evening I went to see singer/songwriter Lars Bygdén and as usually he delivered a great set of songs. Best was some of the new songs that will be included on his new album, which will be released later this year.

When Lars was finished we headed to a private party were the old punk lads "Hejja Kuken" (Go dick go) was playing old punk songs, like Neat Neat Neat, Borstal Breakout, Psycho Therapy and New Rose. That was the perfect end of a great evening.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Swede