What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

Our own show. We're playing for a friend at his birthday party... should be a fun gig with a couple of surprises.

The 24th I will go and see Thunder Express. I've seen them once before and they are known to rock hard and do great live gigs!

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Jimmy Buffett at Nissan Pavillion tonight. It was fun. Lots of incredibly drunk people everywhere, but overall, a rather enjoyable evening. The best part - we were out of the parking lot in under half an hour...

David Lindley opened for Hot Tuna, playing a variety of instruments and styles that came from all over the world. One song had a celtic feel to it, and I'm sure Jimmy Page would have appreciated the performance. I'd say it was even a bit freaky, in some parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Al Di Meola last night. Gorgeous! His whole band was fabulous! There were only acoustic numbers, all of them great. A Romanian musician played a song with the band too and he was pretty good actually. I liked this concert more than the John McLaughlin one.

Edited by Xtazy

• 4 weeks later...

:beer: just got back from seeing Steve Winwood at the Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton.

Excellent performances from him and each member of the band - SW has still got the lot, no question.

Great time had by all, including ledded1, on his birthday. (Many happy returns once again, and thanks for the lift).

Nite all :wave:

:beer: just got back from seeing Steve Winwood at the Wulfrun Hall, Wolverhampton.

Excellent performances from him and each member of the band - SW has still got the lot, no question.

Great time had by all, including ledded1, on his birthday. (Many happy returns once again, and thanks for the lift).

Nite all :wave:

:thumbsup: So pleased you enjoyed the show and met up with the birthday boy :D I saw Winwood a few months ago and I was floored. 2 hours straight and he sounded fantastic. The band were amazing as well.

sounds like a carbon copy of last night's :)

Hya ZW good to meet up with you. It was a great show, the highlight of many great songs for me was Dear Mr Fantasy B) Winwood was excellent on the guitar on that song. so good in fact a woman fainted :o

Hya ZW good to meet up with you. It was a great show, the highlight of many great songs for me was Dear Mr Fantasy B) Winwood was excellent on the guitar on that song. so good in fact a woman fainted :o

yes, fainted right in front of us during the encore - hopefully no lasting damage whoever it was.

must admit, the Spencer Davis numbers were my own highlights :thumbsup:

Saw Joe "Satch" Satriani for the first time last night at the Royal Oak Music Theater, just outside of Detroit. What can I say, the guy's incredible, but most musicians already know that. I enjoyed the smallness of the ROMT, although the cigarette smoke was stifling, and the sound was great. His bass player, Stu Hamm, did a rendition of Going to California on the bass that blew me away. Opening up was Leslie West and Mountain and that was a blast from the past. I saw them when I was fifteen or so at the old Eastown and they too, blew me away. What was ironic was that the set started then with "Never in My Life" and it was the same here. I miss Felix Papalardi, though :(

All and all, a good show :)