What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

Paul Gilbert, two days ago. Waited for about 2 hours for Paul to come on stage, and then another 20 minutes so that the idiot sound engineer would fix the band's sound. But it worthed, they all played great (they did a cover off Red House too).

Edited by Xtazy

Ok...well, of course I saw Chris Cornell Saturday night. There's a clip on youtube of the salt lake show. It was absolute torture for the first what seemed like a decade of some DJ on first with hip hop blasting so loud the hairs in my nose were shaking. It was NOT my trip AT ALL.

I sat there thinking....I've never had to pay 40 bucks to hear a fk'n dj!!!! :angry:<_< And not for a friggen hour and a half. THEN....Timbaland comes out with a screwy band and the decibels to deafen again played on and on and on. All while jacking his jaws about Justin f'n Timberlake. (??? :blink::huh: )

FINALLY after an incredibly LONG tear down and set up Chris comes out and I swear at that moment it was like giving birth, all the pain went away and all the sweetness was there. OH YEAH!!!! :shifty:

I almost caught his sweaty towel...................*sigh* I was very close about three "people rows" back.

He was so nice to the fans, slappin and shaking everyone's hands in the front. He was at a meet and greet earlier and had his kids and wife and was signing anything and everything. He sang right AT me, I swear he did because several people looked back at me like "who is she?" I have no idea why other than I was the only one without a camera phone in front of their face. I wasn't the only one either, he was incredible to the audience. The band were super friendly too, throwing, or even handing out picks and drumsticks. Chris played the entire Scream LP. As per Timberland's orders <_<

I saw he canceled the next day in Arizona, supposedly for Laryngitis :huh: He had NO problem with the screams Saturday. But the vocal "mix" or whatever was terrible. You had to strain a bit to hear him over everything else.

But I didn't give two hoots because he sang to me. LOL!!!!!!! And you could see his grey undershorts when he lifted those awesome sexy arms of his. His hands are ...well, I have a thing for hands and

his were very sexy. And OMG..those eyes.........*knockdown gorgeous* whewww..

He is now (at least till I get over it) The SEXIEST frontman alive. :wub:

And Mad, you are right Yogi and Peter are great and sweet too!

Peter signed a poster for me. :)

Santana in September in OKC.

Then, a week later, I get general admission to Plant and Krauss.

So, the concert is about to start when this couple walks up to me to tell me that a seat has opened up in the VIP section.

It was a great concert.

They sang a version of Black Dog and The Battle of Evermore. There were a lot of Zep fans there.

The concert (in OKC) was a last minute thing. It was a reschedule of the Houston gig whitch was canceled due to the hurricane.

Plant sounded great.

Ok...well, of course I saw Chris Cornell Saturday night. There's a clip on youtube of the salt lake show. It was absolute torture for the first what seemed like a decade of some DJ on first with hip hop blasting so loud the hairs in my nose were shaking. It was NOT my trip AT ALL.

I sat there thinking....I've never had to pay 40 bucks to hear a fk'n dj!!!! :angry:<_< And not for a friggen hour and a half. THEN....Timbaland comes out with a screwy band and the decibels to deafen again played on and on and on. All while jacking his jaws about Justin f'n Timberlake. (??? :blink::huh: )

FINALLY after an incredibly LONG tear down and set up Chris comes out and I swear at that moment it was like giving birth, all the pain went away and all the sweetness was there. OH YEAH!!!! :shifty:

I almost caught his sweaty towel...................*sigh* I was very close about three "people rows" back.

He was so nice to the fans, slappin and shaking everyone's hands in the front. He was at a meet and greet earlier and had his kids and wife and was signing anything and everything. He sang right AT me, I swear he did because several people looked back at me like "who is she?" I have no idea why other than I was the only one without a camera phone in front of their face. I wasn't the only one either, he was incredible to the audience. The band were super friendly too, throwing, or even handing out picks and drumsticks. Chris played the entire Scream LP. As per Timberland's orders <_<

I saw he canceled the next day in Arizona, supposedly for Laryngitis :huh: He had NO problem with the screams Saturday. But the vocal "mix" or whatever was terrible. You had to strain a bit to hear him over everything else.

But I didn't give two hoots because he sang to me. LOL!!!!!!! And you could see his grey undershorts when he lifted those awesome sexy arms of his. His hands are ...well, I have a thing for hands and

his were very sexy. And OMG..those eyes.........*knockdown gorgeous* whewww..

He is now (at least till I get over it) The SEXIEST frontman alive. :wub:

And Mad, you are right Yogi and Peter are great and sweet too!

Peter signed a poster for me. :)

What a great experience! I'm so glad that you got to see them. I agree - the band members are super friendly and nice guys.

HaHa! That's cool that you caught Chris's eye.

btw, somewhere in my photobucket, I have a photo of Jason Sutter (drummer) in a Zep t-shirt and another of some of the guys backstage. I can't find them right now but, when I do, I'll PM you.

YLCC08.jpg

Paula Poundstone last week at the Birchmere. I'd never seen her standup before...she's really funny. Lots of interaction with the audience which means she's going off the top of her head. And it works! I'm glad she could overcome the issues in her past and is able to go out and be this entertaining and funny.

What a great experience! I'm so glad that you got to see them. I agree - the band members are super friendly and nice guys.

HaHa! That's cool that you caught Chris's eye.

btw, somewhere in my photobucket, I have a photo of Jason Sutter (drummer) in a Zep t-shirt and another of some of the guys backstage. I can't find them right now but, when I do, I'll PM you.

YLCC08.jpg

Thanks Mad. :)

Nice pic! I wish Chris took off his shirt here. :(

The Blessing at the end of Sept.Very good too,although I think I may have mentioned them here before.Tonight..NeonNeon[last night now,28th]inBristol.Late 70's/early80's electro/dance sums them up.Sort of New Order and Pet Shop Boys-ish.Not going to go down too well here,is it,really?Fine band and very entertaining too.

Next is Mercury Rev....bye for now!!

Sonic Youth.

They have a fifth player now, allows Kim to spin around like a ballerina in a glass jar. It was all so sick. Best show I've ever seen w/ the exception being Jimmy and the Black Crowes. F#ck this new singer to replace Robert stuff -- just call up Thurston, Lee and Kim and see what they're up to. I'm sure they'd love to contribute to the new project. The tour -- holy shit it would be the best thing ever. Expressway to your skull ....

SONIC ZEPPELIN

Hot Leg in Edinburgh, and the week before that . . . . . . . Scorpions in Glasgow.

I really should know better at my age. The Wife made me.

Had tickets for the Stray Cats and then Slim Jim fell off the stage in Brixton two nights before Glasgow and the rest of the European tour was cancelled.

The Twat.

Sonic Youth.

They have a fifth player now, allows Kim to spin around like a ballerina in a glass jar. It was all so sick. Best show I've ever seen w/ the exception being Jimmy and the Black Crowes. F#ck this new singer to replace Robert stuff -- just call up Thurston, Lee and Kim and see what they're up to. I'm sure they'd love to contribute to the new project. The tour -- holy shit it would be the best thing ever. Expressway to your skull ....

SONIC ZEPPELIN

They're the best band out there still doing NEW music after 25 years of being together. From noise to melodic pop, they cover it all and are EXCELLENT live !!

2h7qhr5.gif