What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

Jeff Beck last night.

Excellent show, his vocals were a bit below par and he didnt play Loser

Vocals?!? The show I saw was only instrumental...and was really brilliant!!!!!!! Hope you enjoyed the show you saw, too!! :)

Sharon

Vocals?!? The show I saw was only instrumental...and was really brilliant!!!!!!! Hope you enjoyed the show you saw, too!! :)

Sharon

Just joking about the vocals Sharon :D

I saw Steely Dan last night. Just some briliant cool jazz rock :rolleyes:

Just joking about the vocals Sharon :D

I saw Steely Dan last night. Just some briliant cool jazz rock :rolleyes:

OK, well that makes more sense!! :) Actually I thought you were probably kidding, but it is so hard to tell sometimes with e-mail/internet things/etc etc.... :D

And I'll bet Steely Dan was great too...you've had a good concert week!!!

All the best--

Sharon

OK, well that makes more sense!! :) Actually I thought you were probably kidding, but it is so hard to tell sometimes with e-mail/internet things/etc etc.... :D

And I'll bet Steely Dan was great too...you've had a good concert week!!!

All the best--

Sharon

It was a deliberate joke confusing Jeff Beck with Beck, no one really picked up on it. :D

Lucky you! I'm a big fan of his but have yet to catch a live show.

I had tickets to his show last fall here in my city. I've been a fan of his for ever since he first started. I was super excited, but in the end, he canceled the show :(

John Mayall, last night at the o2 Academy Liverpool. 90 mins of stunning Blues from the opening "Another Man Gone Done" to the closing with "All Your Love"............Fantastic.

Just got back from a fab evening seeing Jeff Beck, the best covers man ever, his playing is from somewhere not of this earth. Great performance and what a treat to see it. he has no equal really.

Well, I've had quite an eventful month. The absolute last band I saw was Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver at Bluegrass Night at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville (home of the Grand Ole Opry between the 40s and the 70s). Opening was Michael Cleveland and the Flamekeepers, who were absolutely friggin' awesome. Doyle Lawson was great too, but those guys just kicked out the jams, man.

Before that I went to the Grand Ole Opry, which was way, way cool. Little Jimmy Dickens made me tear up for some reason...seeing him standing there in that old-school sequined jacket, knowing he's seen it all over the years. I mean, hell, he was around back when Hank Williams was on the Opry, for pete's sake (and when he got kicked off of it). That kinda blew my mind. Anyway, I saw Alison Krauss and Vince Gill - Vince Gill got to me, too. I kept saying to myself, "That's Vince friggin' Gill! Unbelievable!" I've seen a lot of famous bands that I really admire, but it's just a really weird feeling seeing someone in person you've been listening to for as long as you can remember. It's like you weren't sure they actually existed because they've just been a part of your everyday life for so long, and all of a sudden, there they are! Alison Krauss was...perfect. That's the only way to describe it. The Whites, who were singing with her, weren't quite as good, but it was still amazing. They did a couple of gospel songs, and it was seriously like angels singing. I know that's an overused phrase, but I've never used it before in my life, so you know I am dead serious.

And before that, I saw the man, the myth, the soon-to-be-legend (if I have any predicting abilities whatsoever), Jamey Johnson!!! I'd been waiting for this for 3 months, and he did not disappoint. Great show...he just sang his little heart out song after song, and he did a TON of songs, too. He did his entire album, and then goes on to play basically another full set of covers. Now, I'm of two minds about cover songs - if you're going to do them, you better kick some serious ass, otherwise shut up and get off the stage. Obviously, his were of the very kick-ass kind, as I am not spewing acid right now. He does the most awesomely haunting version of David Allan Coe's "The Ride," and pretty much answers George Jones' question on "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes." I just love this bastard. :D

:beer: JON ANDERSON , last night at the Robin 2 , Bilston. this was special :thumbsup:

2 sets and 2 encores.

And you would never have known that Jon was coming back from illness. He hit all of the notes, even the high ones, powerfully and with ease, no strain at all.

Great backing from the audience, in fact maybe a little too much at times - a real singalong, but Jon absolutely loved it, encouraging the audience, and chipping in with the odd joke and a story here and there.

The fans getting into 'Roundabout' (during the 1st encore) was an experience to behold. :yay:

Just got back from a fab evening seeing Jeff Beck...

Good, or what? This bloke should be regarded as a national treasure. Last night's performance surpassed the one I saw five years ago in Portsmouth, plus the band he has now is something to behold.

I was in row F (left side). Where were you?

RB

:beer: JON ANDERSON , last night at the Robin 2 , Bilston. this was special :thumbsup:

2 sets and 2 encores.

And you would never have known that Jon was coming back from illness. He hit all of the notes, even the high ones, powerfully and with ease, no strain at all.

Great backing from the audience, in fact maybe a little too much at times - a real singalong, but Jon absolutely loved it, encouraging the audience, and chipping in with the odd joke and a story here and there.

The fans getting into 'Roundabout' (during the 1st encore) was an experience to behold. :yay:

It was a great little show, a bit warm in the Robin :blink:

Good, or what? This bloke should be regarded as a national treasure. Last night's performance surpassed the one I saw five years ago in Portsmouth, plus the band he has now is something to behold.

I was in row F (left side). Where were you?

RB

Back from you on the rt handside. Just great to see or hear no vocals so you can just immerse yourself in the instrumentals. great stuff, can't adam and eve it that its the first time I have seen him, glad I did though. Tha bass player was a kid ?? I liked the fourhanded bass solo.

Tal Wilkenfeld, at the age of 23, already has an impressive track record, including a tour with Chick Corea.

Yes, the four-handed bass solo that developed into Freeway Jam was a highlight, as was the woman Jeff signed on stage after the encores.

Although he now draws the state pension I hope he has many more years left in him to play live, and the next time he does - I'll be there.

RB