What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

↑ Welcome back, ninelives! missed ya! :D

The husband (not me, unfortunately, no $$ :( ) saw Paul McCartney, Friday night at Citifield. He said it was excellent! (not surprised, of course! ;) )Paul sang mostly Beatle tunes! He was just fabulous and sooo funny with the audience. Great rapport! :) We wondered if Saturday night, he sang "A World Without Love" in memory of the late Gordon Waller, from Peter & Gordon. Rest in peace, Gordon. :(

Edited by Fan_S.

The Kevn Kinney Band w/ David & Katherine of Waylandsphere at the Pour House in Raleigh. Throughout the evening Kevn evoked the names of Ryan Adams, Todd Snider, R.E.M., Jesus, Willie Nelson, the Allman Brothers Band, Bob Dylan, the Georgia Satellites and the Drive-By Truckers. His music is somewhere within that template as well, and then some. He was joined on a few songs by John Teer (on fiddle and guitar) from Chatham County Line. It was a mix of solo stuff, at least one cover (Ryan Adams' Come Pick Me Up, a hint of Black Mountain Side), Drivin' n' Cryin' and some brand new material. All and all a very outstanding show.

I am going to see Better than Ezra tonight in Nashville. In the upcoming three weeks I also plan to see Dead Weather, and I am ging to a benefit concert featuring Alison Krauss and Union Station, Cherryholmes and The Steeldrivers at the Wildhorse Saloon.

However, I am too old and tired to keep up with Jahfin. He constantly amazes me. :)

Edited by Kentuckygirl

↑ Welcome back, ninelives! missed ya! :D

The husband (not me, unfortunately, no $$ :( ) saw Paul McCartney, Friday night at Citifield. He said it was excellent! (not surprised, of course! ;) )Paul sang mostly Beatle tunes! He was just fabulous and sooo funny with the audience. Great rapport! :) We wondered if Saturday night, he sang "A World Without Love" in memory of the late Gordon Waller, from Peter & Gordon. Rest in peace, Gordon. :(

:wave: Thanks. Good to be back :D

The Black Keys were really good. Enjoyed it very much.

Stayed in the back for this though. No need to be up close for these guys. I'm just not a hard-core fan. But they were fab.

I keep missing them when they are in my town. I'm a huge fan and have heard from friends who went they are fantastic live.

Speaking of ZZ Top, I just caught them on a new installment of Storytellers on VH1 Classic. Only thing is, there weren't a lot of actual stories. It was more like a Q & A with the audience. Still very good though and quite entertaining. Hard to believe they're about to celebrate their 40th anniversary. Tres Hombres is one of the very first albums I ever owned so if I didn't feel old already, watching that special helped do the trick.

Last shows I saw were Max Indian with Ryan Gustafson in Chapel Hill Friday night. Last night it was the Charlie Daniels Band with Yarn at Downtown Live in Raleigh. Afterwards I saw the Bleeding Hearts with Stonefox at the Pour House.

On Friday, the 24th I saw my local orchestra (Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra) along with singer Randy Jackson (from an 80's band called Zebra, if anyone recognized the name) and a full rock band perform symphonic Led Zeppelin. It was amazing. Of course, Kashmir was the best song but the full set list was...

Good Times Bad Times

Ramble On

The Rain Song

Kashmir

Black Dog

Since I've Been Loving You

The Ocean

-Intermission-

The Song Remains the Same

Going to California

Dancing Days

Moby Dick

All My Love

Heartbreaker (with the first section of Misty Mountain Hop in the middle of the solo)

Whole Lotta Love

Immigrant Song

Stairway to Heaven

This isn't from the specific concert I went too, but this is from the same "tour" and basically sounds the same

Speaking of ZZ Top, I just caught them on a new installment of Storytellers on VH1 Classic. Only thing is, there weren't a lot of actual stories. It was more like a Q & A with the audience. Still very good though and quite entertaining. Hard to believe they're about to celebrate their 40th anniversary.

Really cool that they played a gig for only one person in their early years.

My friends and I saw Judy Collins on Governor's Island, NYC this past Sunday (July 26, 2009).

She was beautiful in every way! And it was a free concert! Here are some of the numbers she did (& quite flawlessly) ;)

• Anathea (from 3rd Album)
  • Amazing Grace (one of the encores)
  • Send In The Clowns
  • Someday Soon
  • Born To The Breed (the name of her new CD)
  • My Father
  • I Dreamed A Dream (from Les Miserables)
  • Snippets of The Moon's A Harsh Mistress, Thirsty Boots and Marjorie
  • Diamonds & Rust (she announced that she and Joan Baez will record a duet of this :D
  • Barbara Allen (my favorite number that afternoon)

IMG_0099.jpg

Edited by Fan_S.

Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen this past Friday. Willie had to cut his set a bit short due to thunder and rain, but was wonderful, as always. Mellencamp was...Mellencamp. Fun...

Dylan was great. Actually engaged, seemed to be enjoying himself. Did a few songs from way back (which surprised me for some reason), although there were totally new arrangements so sometimes I didn't recongnize them until a few lines in...

Had a great time!! And, at some point, I'll go see a ballgame at the stadium. It's quite lovely!!

AeroSmith in Dallas, Texas on July 19, 2009. Great concert but not very long. About 90 minutes. As much as I love AeroSmith I feel that they could have played alot longer. They have enough material for a 3 hour concert. Surprisingly, they did not play "Sweet Emotion". Short but satisfying.

Peter Holsapple and Chris Stamey at Duke Gardens on the Duke University campus. What a beautiful setting for a concert and a great night for one too. It had just rained before the sun started going down. Usually this time of year around here that means a dramatic increase in the humidity once the sun comes back out but last night we got a cool evening breeze instead. Superb.

Peter Holsapple and Chris Stamey at Duke Gardens on the Duke University campus. What a beautiful setting for a concert and a great night for one too. It had just rained before the sun started going down. Usually this time of year around here that means a dramatic increase in the humidity once the sun comes back out but last night we got a cool evening breeze instead. Superb.

Lucky you - big Stamey fan and had the pleasure of casually knowing him many years back.

AeroSmith in Dallas, Texas on July 19, 2009. Great concert but not very long. About 90 minutes. As much as I love AeroSmith I feel that they could have played alot longer. They have enough material for a 3 hour concert. Surprisingly, they did not play "Sweet Emotion". Short but satisfying.

Well they are all in thier late 50's early 60's heck next time around they might only play 30 minutes ha

:beer: THE HUB - last night at Whitmore Reans Cons Club, Wolverhampton.

A Mark Stanway promotion, featuring 2 sets of blues classics.

Mark Stanway (keyboard)

Mo Birch (vocals/percussion)

Robbie Blunt (Guitar)

Marc Michalski (vocals/bass)

Gwyn Ashton (vocals/guitar)

Kev Hickman (drums)

Not at all bad for 8 quid. :piano::guitar_mood::standup_bass::drumz: