What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

Here are some pics. We were in the nose-bleed seats, so not the greatest with my little camera.

DSC01526.jpg

DSC01588.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

Guys on the Coffin.

DSC01602.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics BEDoc! Glad you enjoyed the Cleveland show. We had a blast, and even though there were a few sound issues, we enjoyed the show! Hey......it's only Rock and Roll! It was so nice to see my old pal again! ;)

100_1832.jpg

Edited by Zeppland

Here is a photo of Them Crooked Vultures that I managed to sneak past the tight camera security at the October 6th Columbus concert. It was the end where JPJ is taking a bow. I figured that they could kick me out then if they caught me as the concert was over, LOL. Not the greatest pic, but the best that I could manage.

DSC01524.jpg

C-O-O-L PICTURE!!!!!! ROCK ON FOREVER my dear!

ZZ Top last night. Loud as hell! The beginning was a little stiff, but the ending was epic. Billy Gibbons erupted on La Grange. I was waiting for a solo like that! Frank Beard is a drum machine, never missing a beat, just shuts up and does his job! And I always thought that Dusty Hill is a better singer than Billy, but Billy's voice is ZZ Top's trademark sound. There were some picture of the band on those huge screens, some early photos; Billy looked so...normal without a beard !

Anyhow, a great show (it's ZZ Top after all), the time passed so quickly!

Edited by Xtazy

well its just after midnight here, and I've just got back from another 'old time' rock'n roll gig, at the Robin 2 club in Bilston, featuring RICKY COOL AND THE HOOLA BOOLA BOYS, ably supported by Cracker and the woodpeckers.

great night out ! there I am, in the town I grew up in, I'm having a pint or two of the local brew and watching a master class in old style (blue suede if you prefer) rock n roll - what could be better.

And then I turn around and who else is at the bar, having a quiet sip and a boogie, well damn me if it isn't Mr.Plant. Looking very well, and enjoying a night off. hope to see you in your proffessional capacity soon sir !

well its just after midnight here, and I've just got back from another 'old time' rock'n roll gig, at the Robin 2 club in Bilston, featuring RICKY COOL AND THE HOOLA BOOLA BOYS, ably supported by Cracker and the woodpeckers.

great night out ! there I am, in the town I grew up in, I'm having a pint or two of the local brew and watching a master class in old style (blue suede if you prefer) rock n roll - what could be better.

And then I turn around and who else is at the bar, having a quiet sip and a boogie, well damn me if it isn't Mr.Plant. Looking very well, and enjoying a night off. hope to see you in your proffessional capacity soon sir !

:thumbsup: Very cool :D

Saw Metallica Tuesday at the Air Canada Centre, amazing show. Loved the intro to the concert, was perfect!

Set:

1. Ecstasy Of Gold (Intro)

2. The Day That Never Comes

3. End Of The Line

4. For Whom The Bell Tolls

5. Holier Than Thou

6. One

7. Broken, Beat And Scarred

8. My Apocalypse

9. Sad But True

10. The Unforgiven

11. The Judas Kiss

12. The Day That Never Comes

13. Master Of Puppets

14. Blackened

15. Nothing Else Matters

16. Enter Sandman

ENCORE

17. Die, Die My Darling (Misfits)

18. Motorbreath

19. Seek & Destroy

Overall, great setlist. I was jealous that they played Fade To Black at the 1st Toronto show, but overall I like their set from my show over the 1st.

I seen ACDC at Giants stadium about 2 weeks ago

anyone who lives close enough to see a show at the meadowlands and posts a RAIDERS logo has to be good by me.grew up in mich. a raiders fan now in so cal saw bo jackson play with them.i saw ac/dc twice with bon scott an twice with b.johnson.also saw zep on the 77 tour.anyway saw the logo had to give you a shout out. RAIDER NATION

Well I attended the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame benefit show on Friday night at Madison Square Garden. Great show with some awesome guests. Some highlights were Jeff Beck's instrumental of A Day In The Life, Jeff Beck with Billy Gibbons on Foxey Lady. Aretha Franklin was fantastic and in great form. What a set of pipes she still has. Metallica was quite good with Ozzy doing Paranoid and Iron Man. They brought out Lou Reed for a great version of Sweet Jane and Ray Davies for You Really Got Me and All Day And All Of The Night. U2 was the final band of the night and they were in top form. Bruce and Patti Smith performed Because The Night twice. I think someone missed a cue on the first take. Probably done twice as this is being filmed for an HBO broadcast later this month. Bruce also did Stuck In A Moment with U2. And finally Mick Jagger came out to perform a fantastic version of Gimme Shelter also with Fergie. All in all a great show. The ticket prices were a bit steep, but this was certainly worth it!

Well I attended the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame benefit show on Friday night at Madison Square Garden. Great show with some awesome guests. Some highlights were Jeff Beck's instrumental of A Day In The Life, Jeff Beck with Billy Gibbons on Foxey Lady. Aretha Franklin was fantastic and in great form. What a set of pipes she still has. Metallica was quite good with Ozzy doing Paranoid and Iron Man. They brought out Lou Reed for a great version of Sweet Jane and Ray Davies for You Really Got Me and All Day And All Of The Night. U2 was the final band of the night and they were in top form. Bruce and Patti Smith performed Because The Night twice. I think someone missed a cue on the first take. Probably done twice as this is being filmed for an HBO broadcast later this month. Bruce also did Stuck In A Moment with U2. And finally Mick Jagger came out to perform a fantastic version of Gimme Shelter also with Fergie. All in all a great show. The ticket prices were a bit steep, but this was certainly worth it!

Hi SuperDave,

I am glad that you had the opportunity to see this show! Sounds like it was a great show!

I really wanted to go to this show, but I didn't have an American Express card, and by the time the AXP pre-sale was over, there weren't any reasonably priced tickets to be had, and I couldn't see spending thousands of dollars to see this show, as I had already seen Metallica (twice this year) and Eric Clapton (who was replaced by Jeff Beck).

From your review and others that I have read, it sounds like Jeff Beck's performance was great! I would love to see him and Eric Clapton in London in February. I hope that their show will go on, and that Eric will be up for the task, and then take the show to America next summer!

Thanks for the review!

Hi Superdave:

I enjoyed reading your review/story. You are very lucky to have attended this event. What a show!!!

Juliet :wave:

• 2 weeks later...