What's the Last Concert You Attended?

Jahfin

Didn't the remaining members of the Grateful Dead call themselves "The Others" or something like that? I see Bob Weir's band is called "Ratdog" - I'm assuming they do alot of Dead material, do they do any Kingfish?

I pretty much only see Hot Tuna the past few years, got tired of the high ticket prices and sloppy efforts of other old groups...

Didn't the remaining members of the Grateful Dead call themselves "The Others" or something like that? I see Bob Weir's band is called "Ratdog" - I'm assuming they do alot of Dead material, do they do any Kingfish?

I pretty much only see Hot Tuna the past few years, got tired of the high ticket prices and sloppy efforts of other old groups...

Yeah...they did call themselves The Other Ones for awhile...then changed it to just The Dead....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dead_%28band%29

I saw The Other Ones (the first incarnation) and The Dead, neither of which should be confused with The Grateful Dead. That said, I enjoyed The Other Ones much more than The Dead.

My last Grateful Dead show was in the spring of '95 in Charlotte:

Charlotte Coliseum, Charlotte, NC (Friday, 3/24/95)

Feel Like a Stranger

Stagger Lee

Minglewood Blues

High Time

If the Shoe Fits

Black Throated Wind

Bird Song ->

Promised Land

Here Comes Sunshine

Samba in the Rain

Women are Smarter

Eyes of the World ->

Drums ->

Space ->

The Last Time ->

Black Peter ->

Around and Around

Encore:

Liberty

Manchester Versus Cancer 2008 at the MEN Arena on Saturday.

It was a great but very long night!

Blog here, if you fancy a read of that.

Although The View also played and I forgot all about them until lastnight, so they're not included in the review.

The fact that I completely forgot about them says an awful lot, to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Robin Trower a few weeks back at the Daisy on Beale St. in Memphis and I was in Classic Rock heaven. I hope he never quits.

I had a chance to meet him after the show, really nice guy.

trower.jpg

I saw the Drive-By Truckers last night , also at the Daisy... Nothing but whiskey-fueled sonic bliss from start to finish.

truckers2.jpg

I saw the Drive-By Truckers last night , also at the Daisy... Nothing but whiskey-fueled sonic bliss from start to finish.

truckers2.jpg

They'll be doing a two night stand at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC soon but it's on a Tuesday and Wednesday night. Maybe they'll swing back through here again in the summer on a weekend night.

They'll be doing a two night stand at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro, NC soon but it's on a Tuesday and Wednesday night.

I'm in a similar situation. Jason Isbell will be in Oxford soon, but on a Thursday.

Two nights in Carrboro eh? I don't know how big the Cat's Cradle is, but it sounds like the tour is going well. They actually switched to a larger venue for the Memphis show, and Boston is already sold out.

I'm in a similar situation. Jason Isbell will be in Oxford soon, but on a Thursday.

He is in Raleigh Friday with 400 Unit guitarist Browan Lollar in an acoustic "evening with..." format. The last time I saw him play acoustic was during the second Tres Tangled Truckers (Caitlin Cary and Dave Bartholomew of Tres Chicas, Kevn Kinney of Sun Tangled Angel Revival) show a few years back at the Pour House (also in Raleigh) so I'm really looking forward to this.

Two nights in Carrboro eh? I don't know how big the Cat's Cradle is, but it sounds like the tour is going well. They actually switched to a larger venue for the Memphis show, and Boston is already sold out.

I'm not sure of the capacity either but it's one of the larger venues in the area. Last time they were through this neck of the woods they played the Carolina Theatre in Durham. I believe they enjoy playing the Cat's Cradle more. Plus, I don't think the Carolina Theatre was at all prepared for the Truckers crowd, they sold out of beer before the opening act (Bobby Bare, Jr.) was even over.

I went to see the Moody Blues this past Monday the 17th, really good show, I was really impressed, and very annoyed at a woman sitting in front of me, who was sitting looking bored shitless not clapping or getting into the music or anything, I am standing up clapping and shouting, and she turns around and tells me my shouting is hurting her ears, I looked at her and told her I was at a rock concert, not a nursing home!

I went to see the Moody Blues this past Monday the 17th, really good show, I was really impressed, and very annoyed at a woman sitting in front of me, who was sitting looking bored shitless not clapping or getting into the music or anything, I am standing up clapping and shouting, and she turns around and tells me my shouting is hurting her ears, I looked at her and told her I was at a rock concert, not a nursing home!

You sound like a class act yourself. You were "annoyed", because somebody wasn't acting the way you wanted them to act.