Robert and Alison to appear on "Later withJools Holland"

BIGDAN

Hi All,

I though I would repost as my first post Title seemed to miss the point.

I just had to let you all know. Just watched "Later with Jools Holland" and he said that Robert and Alison will be performing on his show next week. 9th May 2008 BBC2 at 11.35 pm.

Just checked the web site and confirmed it. Also for all those who will not be able to watch it, just go to the site, http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/, and you can watch it some time in the future.

I will be recording it myself, so will many other Brits, so there is no reason why all of you out there

need to miss this show. I know some one with the knowledge will post it so you don't miss out.

I'll sleep happy tonight.

Regards, Danny

Sounds good. I don't think that show airs live. In the past his appearances were normally taped two or three weeks prior to broadcast. If anyone can confirm the date they went in

to record their set please post.

The current series of Later is all done live Steve so as they are in Cardiff on the 8th then it is very feasable that they will do it live on the 9th. B)

Personally I will be seing them on the 5th and 7th :D

Sounds good. I don't think that show airs live. In the past his appearances were normally taped two or three weeks prior to broadcast. If anyone can confirm the date they went in

to record their set please post.

A few years ago I went to a recording of Later...With Jools Holland. It's amazingly intimate. It feels like the cameras must have a fish-eye lens, as the studio is really much smaller than it appears on TV. It was recorded on the Tuesday and aired on Friday. I can only guess that it's still much the same now.

A few years ago I went to a recording of Later...With Jools Holland. It's amazingly intimate. It feels like the cameras must have a fish-eye lens, as the studio is really much smaller than it appears on TV. It was recorded on the Tuesday and aired on Friday. I can only guess that it's still much the same now.

See previous post :) ^

The current series of Later is all done live Steve so as they are in Cardiff on the 8th then it is very feasable that they will do it live on the 9th. B)

Personally I will be seing them on the 5th and 7th :D

Jools is telecasting his show live now?! Oh, that's terrific.

Have a great time at the gigs and please consider posting your reviews to the forum.

See previous post :) ^

Funny how life has these funny little moments as last night when I was watching sky t.v and saw the episode of later with jools holland with The WHO doing some songs .It just strikes me as why they (roger daltry and pete townsend ) still call themselves THE WHO?why not Daltry and Townsend !As like Page and Plant did.Funny how pete was wearing dark sunglasses like Jimmy page did at the o2 concert When after watching them play it was good to see an old guitarist make such good sound from his guitar although roger was reaching high to get the high notes.Just thought i'd mention that yeah it is a good show and Robert and Alison have been on his show before (interviewed only)but not performed together....

It just strikes me as why they (roger daltry and pete townsend ) still call themselves THE WHO? why not Daltry and Townsend!

If you ever get the chance, try and watch Amazing Journey - The Story Of The Who. I've never been much of a Who fan, beyond the obvious big hits, but this is a really excellent documentary, and it's very moving at the end when Daltrey and Townsend carry on with the band after John Entwistle's death.

Without specifically stating the fact, I think it does explain why they remain The Who.

This series there is a another programme called 'Later Live...With Jools Holland' and this goes out 3 days before the normal show. So this week's will be on Tuesday 6th May at 2200hrs on BBC2, and does indeed feature Robert & Alison, as well as the others. However this is just a 30 minute show and so presumably it'll be just 1 song each.

Did anyone catch the reformed Pentangle on last week's show? Marvellous stuff. :)

I said that in the post directly above yours! :rolleyes:

Sorry Mate I got a message from a friend on here to post that, and I didn't look to see if any one else had posted it for me.

Again sorry, but at least it still keeps the interest there.

Regards, Danny