Question about the Katz Whiskers...

A quick question for those of you who have the KatzEye DVDs of the show - do you have a very very brief skip on audio/video during In My Time Of Dying at around 21mins 24secs into the first DVD? It's just after Jimmy starts one of the guitar breaks. It drives me nuts because it's the only technical glitch I have spotted and it's in my favourite song! The problem is present in the disk image file distribution (i.e. in the distributed vob file), and I downloaded it twice just to make sure, rather than it being some problem arising when I blew the DVD.

I thought the sound on the DVD was really good but when I tried putting it through an SRS processer it really opened up - must be like having the O2 in my sitting room. :D

I must admit to having to take motion sickness pills before watching it due to the very very shaky camerawork in places but that's not surprising considering the distance the camera was from the stage. That said, it is an amazing record of the show and leaves no doubt that they can still cut the mustard, train wrecks and all!

Cheers,

Nigel

I have downloaded the thirdeye and katz eye. I love the third eye video, but the sound off of katzeye is amazing if you run it through a good home theater. On the headphones you can hear all the little sounds thats makes jimmy sound shitty, but with a good sub woofer and speakers, he sounded fucking awesome/ i really didn't watch the video much, but when i heard it through my home theater, i watched it all the way through. the katzeye i believe is the one with 5 different source audio, which i think makes it sounds great because alot of the bullshit gets phased out. now the third eye video is the best, right in front and doesn't move as much. as the katzeye. so put those two together, its pretty good, im sure somebody already did that.

My copy of Katzeye does not have any problems in Time of Dying (I watched it AGAIN last night).

I thought the only differences between Katzeye and Third eye were:

(From text note which came with Katzeye)

If you have the 3rd Eye version that everyone knows has major sync issues for

the intro & track with with the remainder of the show out of sync,

this is the upgrade for you.That version also had burn and play issues with some.

Those faults have been fixed.

1 ALL in sync

2 Some of the repeated frames plays have been fixed

3 The big audio drop out has been fixed

4 I put it on to 2 discs to please all

5 Song 1 ,in effect ,is now a 2 Cam mix with how i have fixed it.

:STRONG NOTE:

I have called this release The Katzeye.

In no am i making some sort of claim on this apart from fixing the faults and re-releasing.

In actual fact, it now has bits of Smagin, some of the fine cover art that was made for previous releases.

Mr Eyes video & remastered audio from whoever that came from as it wasn't the cam audio..and my fixing.

Therefore there should be no complaints as it was all a joint effort from fans.

This piece of History had to seen properly and i appologise to 3rd Eye...

but hey as you have said ,its likely to be redundant soon so a free for all eh ;)

I hope Page sees fit to release a mastered version, there sure are a lot of cameras visable through out the show!

The 4 Eyes DVD is a vast improvement. It uses 4 video sources and has a choice of audio. You get to see the images behind the band as well as the boys playing their hearts out.

As ever, this is the offficial site, so you'll have to use your suss to get it.

My copy of Katzeye does not have any problems in Time of Dying (I watched it AGAIN last night).

Many thanks for that, we're talking about the same distribution. I recognise your quoted text. Odd that I got the same problem at exactly the same place when I got the file distribution for the second time and yours is ok. I reckon the missing bit is less than a second timewise. I'll just have to live with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks for that, we're talking about the same distribution. I recognise your quoted text. Odd that I got the same problem at exactly the same place when I got the file distribution for the second time and yours is ok. I reckon the missing bit is less than a second timewise. I'll just have to live with it.

Wow My Bad! I've watched that vid four times since your post and I finally saw the glitch! At about 21:23. Dude, you have got good eyes! So I went back and sure enough its on the original files.

Wow My Bad! I've watched that vid four times since your post and I finally saw the glitch! At about 21:23. Dude, you have got good eyes! So I went back and sure enough its on the original files.

You've got it! First time I put it on I knew something was up from the jump in the audio rather than the video, flicked back to watch it again and then saw the video jump. I have a bit of a musical background and have been told that I have a very accurate sense of timing so I tend to spot things.

Now here's the next interesting question:

The 4eyes DVD has the KatzEye audio as one of the sound options so does the sound jump at the same place? If so, what about the other soundtracks? And the video? My brain hurts... (I don't have a copy of 4eyes at this time but hopefully soon)

I'm guessing the fault occured after the merging of the audio and video since they seem to be seperate sources so there's a good chance the original audiosource is complete. I'll go check my Thirdeye version and see if it's in there too.

A quick question for those of you who have the KatzEye DVDs of the show - do you have a very very brief skip on audio/video during In My Time Of Dying at around 21mins 24secs into the first DVD? It's just after Jimmy starts one of the guitar breaks. It drives me nuts because it's the only technical glitch I have spotted and it's in my favourite song! The problem is present in the disk image file distribution (i.e. in the distributed vob file), and I downloaded it twice just to make sure, rather than it being some problem arising when I blew the DVD.

I thought the sound on the DVD was really good but when I tried putting it through an SRS processer it really opened up - must be like having the O2 in my sitting room. :D

I must admit to having to take motion sickness pills before watching it due to the very very shaky camerawork in places but that's not surprising considering the distance the camera was from the stage. That said, it is an amazing record of the show and leaves no doubt that they can still cut the mustard, train wrecks and all!

Cheers,

Nigel

Yes, there ´s a skip, at time 21:21. Look at Jimmy´s left hand and Robert when he ´s pick up tambourine.

Three Eyes, four eyes, aye, yi, yi! I have none of them!!! :(

Don't have a dvd burner. :(:(:(:(

You can still download it and play it from the file source on your PC, Hotplant...you don't need a DVD burner :)

I have downloaded the thirdeye and katz eye. I love the third eye video, but the sound off of katzeye is amazing if you run it through a good home theater. On the headphones you can hear all the little sounds thats makes jimmy sound shitty, but with a good sub woofer and speakers, he sounded fucking awesome/ i really didn't watch the video much, but when i heard it through my home theater, i watched it all the way through. the katzeye i believe is the one with 5 different source audio, which i think makes it sounds great because alot of the bullshit gets phased out. now the third eye video is the best, right in front and doesn't move as much. as the katzeye. so put those two together, its pretty good, im sure somebody already did that.

So, am I right in thinking this is a different video source? I remember reading something about third eye being "right in the front" in line with Jason. I have the Katzeye, but If someone can confirm about the third eye, I'm going to go after that one too. :)

So, am I right in thinking this is a different video source? I remember reading something about third eye being "right in the front" in line with Jason. I have the Katzeye, but If someone can confirm about the third eye, I'm going to go after that one too. :)

Please see post #4 above. The quoted text in that post gives Krazy Kat's explanation as to how his/her/its (!) version differs from Third Eye. The upshot is that the video is the same in both (except as noted about the start), but Krazy Kat has done an absolutely superb job in getting the sound in-synch throughout. On this basis I don't have and don't intend to get the Third Eye version - no point!

Please see post #4 above. The quoted text in that post gives Krazy Kat's explanation as to how his/her/its (!) version differs from Third Eye. The upshot is that the video is the same in both (except as noted about the start), but Krazy Kat has done an absolutely superb job in getting the sound in-synch throughout. On this basis I don't have and don't intend to get the Third Eye version - no point!

Fine. I won't bother with third eye then :mellow:

I now have the 4eyes version but have only had a quick whip through it. Interesting to see that on IMTOD with the Katzeye sound selected it gets way out of sync e.g. just look at the bit where Jimmy jumps up and down, but the 5+1 track is in synch at the same point (didn't try it with the other soundtrack). Note that one would not expect the big screen to be in sync because of the various delays in the chain but the performers in front of the screen should be.

In answer to post #11, no, I didn't pay for it, in fact when the KatzEye version first became available I read somewhere that Mr. Kat had stipulated that under no circumstances was anyone to make money from it and that he/she/it would be going after anyone who tried to do so.

I think it is amazing that people have gone to so much trouble to produce unofficial DVDs of the show for free distribution via the net so I'm not complaining. We also owe a vote of thanks to the band members / management for not trying to get the stuff pulled.

You can still download it and play it from the file source on your PC, Hotplant...you don't need a DVD burner :)

Oh, well thank you MissHoneydripper! B)

I thought I was really missing out. Someday I'll get a new computer with all the good stuff. :(

Archived