Saddam feared getting AIDS in prison.....

DRUNK

Don't worry, Elizabeth, I'll be alright :) The fact that he questioned whether women should vote or not, based on replying to you, was uncalled for, amongst other things <_<

I know you'll be alright, you're strong to put up with this garbage as much as you have. Frankly, I would have lashed out. It shows you're the better person in this.

And yes, he makes a habit of saying things that are quite uncalled for.

As much as I dislike DRUNKs comments, I can't say I agree with most of this.

Oh yes, The Middle East is so fucking underdeveloped because you know the last time I visited Saudi Arabia and The UAE, I remember the highly developed technology in the airport and buildings and people of all races peacefully walking about. You still believe there are Barbary pirates in the Middle East, DRUNK, or probably there are still savages in Africa and the Pacific Islands. You think we should try to westernize them with a copy of White Man's Burden in our hands because you know, your views are so modern <_<
The Middle East is far less developed than the Western world. Thats a simple fact. Yes, a few areas are home to newer technology, but the majority of the Middle East is far behind what we would consider modern. I would not consider them savages, rather, they've fallen a long ways from the glory that was the Ottoman Empire centuries ago.

And oh yeah, the only way the Middle East is even slightly developed is because of America. Because you know America, the most original nation in the world, never ever had a taste of cultural diffusion with other nations, you know. No, we never took cultural ques from the French, the British, or from any other nation. So America takes its completely original innovations and ignites a global trade network of goods and ideas for the first time <_<
Not really. In fact, that's near completely false. The Middle East has been lagging behind the West since Spain defeated the Ottoman Navy at Lepanto. Since then, the West has been the dominating power. Western Europe held colonies all over the world, and their gunpowder could easily run through the more cavlary-oriented Turks (ecluding the Janissaries of course). The truth is, the Middle East fell behind because they refused to take what the Europeans had known/created in the Middle Ages and use it to their advantage. They practically didn't even trade with for a while! They simply refused to acknowledge that their once dominant empire could've lagged so far. A good example of Western supriority (militarily) is Napoleons easy victory over Egypt. Wasn't even a fight. Then Britain decided to basically rule the country there.

I don't feel like rambling more on that subject, because I'm sure you get the point. I simply don't believe America is the sole, or even a large chunk, of the reason the Middle East is much less developed than the West. If you have to blame someone else then blame Europe. They had mroe to do with it than we did. That may sound like a cop-out but it's simple fact.

IMO though, it's their own fault...

Wanna be drummer, I actually am happy someone argued his or her point with rationality. Well done!

I can agree that America and other western powers do make it one of their top priorities to modernize and form the most innovative form of technology. But, to say the Middle East is completely 5000 years behind is preposterous. IMHO, The Middle East certainly has the potential to attempt to provide their population with technological advances, but unfortunate mismanagement in the government over the decades has caused quite a bit of a rift. The Middle East does have a wealthy infrastructure to fully attempt to modernize, it's only that poor misconduct in some regions combined with global stresses came at a cost to some of their civilians. But in many other countries beside Iraq do live with many of the same luxuries we are provided with today. We are talking about the whole Middle East here, right?

My over-sarcasm has been suppressed, but I am still agreeing to think that every person that lives in the Middle East should be put under a generalization of thinking completely backwards is quite absurd.

And SteveAJones, America putting man on the moon is still up to debate today. It never really have to do with advancement. If it truly isn't a hoax, then how does it prove America's technological feats? I think other nations such as Denmark or Japan had the potential to develop a plan to put a man on the moon, it's just that they weren't preoccupied with trying to prove to the Soviet Union that they were the bigger nation. Once again, xenophobia and the overhyped fear of communism came to a cost to the political arena, even today.

America putting man on the moon is still up to debate today. It never really have to do with advancement. If it truly isn't a hoax, then how does it prove America's technological feats?

There's your Mensa quote!

:wacko:

And you are wrong: we are not winning the war in Iraq; we are losing. By all measures we are losing. Violence is up; after 5 years of war there is still no basic infrastructure; the Iraqi government (if you can call it that) has made no progress toward reconciliation/unity; there has been no progress toward an oil revenue sharing agreement; the Iraqi army and police force are nowhere near being able to stand on their own; Al Sadr, a militia leader, is the main power broker in Iraq; and even "the US-fortified green zone" isn't safe and secure. It's mind boggling to me, that you say "we're winning".

Dude,.. Hitler was defeated in less time than it's taken for us to make no

measurable progress in Iraq. How can you possibly say we're winning?

By what measure are we winning, DRUNK?

What indication do you have that "they're giving up"?

Are we even talking about the same war? The war in Iraq, right?

Lemme say it again.. "April, deadliest month since last September".

You think they're giving up? Seriously? :blink:

Tell me, DRUNK,... how will you define "victory" in Iraq?

By what measure will you know we've "won" and we can pull out?

And how many American lives.. and how many trillions of American taxpayer dollars are willing to commit to that cause? [trillions of dollars that could be going to the healthcare system in America.. the education system in America.. the infrastructure and national security of America.. etc, etc].

waiting.gif

Whats the matter, DRUNK,..

..finding yourself at a loss for (reality-based) replies? :whistling:

:P^_^

It's up for debate? It never really had to do with advancement? If it wasn't a hoax?

Frigging DENMARK had the potential to do it? You should give serious consideration to changing schools. I suspect Oliver Stone is currently a member of your faculty.

We were preoccupied as a nation with a little something called The Cold War. It's not

as fashionable to discuss as gay "rights" and recycling our trash, but it was kind of a

big deal then, what with the world's superpowers on the brink of nuclear warfare.

President

John F. Kennedy's

"Man on the Moon" Address

A Special Address to Congress

On The Importance of Space

May 25, 1961

IF we are to win the battle that is now going on around the world between freedom and tyranny, the dramatic achievements in space which occurred in recent weeks should have made clear to us all, as did the Sputnik in 1957, the impact of this adventure on the minds of men everywhere, who are attempting to make a determination of which road they should take. Since early in my term, our efforts in space have been under review. With the advice of the Vice President, who is Chairman of the National Space Council, we have examined where we are strong and where we are not. Now it is time to take longer strides--time for a great new American enterprise--time for this nation to take a clearly leading role in space achievement, which in many ways may hold the key to our future on Earth. I believe we possess all the resources and talents necessary. But the facts of the matter are that we have never made the national decisions or marshaled the national resources required for such leadership. We have never specified long-range goals on an urgent time schedule, or managed our resources and our time so as to insure their fulfillment.

Recognizing the head start obtained by the Soviets with their large rocket engines, which gives them many months of lead-time, and recognizing the likelihood that they will exploit this lead for some time to come in still more impressive successes, we nevertheless are required to make new efforts on our own. For while we cannot guarantee that we shall one day be first, we can guarantee that any failure to make this effort will be our last. We take an additional risk by making it in full view of the world, but as shown by the feat of astronaut Shepherd, this very risk enhances our stature when we are successful. But this is not merely a race. Space is open to us now; and our eagerness to share its meaning is not governed by the efforts of others. We go into space because whatever mankind must undertake, free men must fully share.

I therefore ask the Congress, above and beyond the increases I have earlier requested for space activities, to provide the funds which are needed to meet the following national goals:

First, I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth. No single space project in this period will be more impressive to mankind, or more important for the long-range exploration of space; and none will be so difficult or expensive to accomplish. We propose to accelerate the development of the appropriate lunar space craft. We propose to develop alternate liquid and solid fuel boosters, much larger than any now being developed, until certain which is superior. We propose additional funds for other engine development and for unmanned explorations--explorations which are particularly important for one purpose which this nation will never overlook: the survival of the man who first makes this daring flight. But in a very real sense, it will not be one man going to the Moon--if we make this judgment affirmatively, it will be an entire nation. For all of us must work to put him there.

Secondly, an additional 23 million dollars, together with 7 million dollars already available, will accelerate development of the Rover nuclear rocket. This gives promise of some day providing a means for even more exciting and ambitious exploration of space, perhaps beyond the Moon, perhaps to the very end of the solar system itself.

Third, an additional 50 million dollars will make the most of our present leadership, by accelerating the use of space satellites for world-wide communications.

Fourth, an additional 75 million dollars--of which 53 million dollars is for the Weather Bureau--will help give us at the earliest possible time a satellite system for world-wide weather observation.

Let it be clear--and this is a judgment which the Members of the Congress must finally make--let it be clear that I am asking the Congress and the country to accept a firm commitment to a new course of action--a course which will last for many years and carry very heavy costs: 531 million dollars in fiscal '62--an estimated seven to nine billion dollars additional over the next five years. If we are to go only half way, of reduce our sights in the face of difficulty, in my judgment it would be better not to go at all.

Now this is a choice which this country must make, and I am confident that under the leadership of the Space Committees of the Congress, and the Appropriating Committees, that you will consider the matter carefully.

It is a most important decision that we must make as a nation. But all of you have lived through the last four years and have seen the significance of space and the adventures in space, and no one can predict with certainty what the ultimate meaning will be of mastery of space.

I believe we should go to the Moon. But I think every citizen of this country as well as the Members of the Congress should consider the matter carefully in making their judgment, to which we have given attention over many weeks and months, because it is a heavy burden, and there is no sense in agreeing or desiring that the United States take an affirmative position in outer space, unless we are prepared to do the work and bear the burdens to make it successful. If we are not, we should decide today and this year.

This decision demands a major national commitment of scientific and technical manpower, material and facilities, and the possibility of their diversion from other important activities where they are already thinly spread. It means a degree of dedication, organization and discipline which have not always characterized our research and development efforts. It means we cannot afford undue work stoppages, inflated costs of material or talent, wasteful interagency rivalries, or a high turnover of key personnel.

New objectives and new money cannot solve these problems. The could in fact, aggravate them further--unless every scientist, every engineer, every serviceman, every technician, contractor, and civil servant gives his personal pledge that this nation will move forward, with the full speed of freedom, in the exciting adventure of space.

How does this prove that Denmark isn't capable, and that Man really did walk on the moon? I'm sure the American government would have gone to great lengths to prove their technological might - even setting up a believeable hoax.

How does this prove that Denmark isn't capable, and that Man really did walk on the moon? I'm sure the American government would have gone to great lengths to prove their technological might - even setting up a believeable hoax.

OH gawd! It's not just the schools in the US. :wacko:

What's to keep you from believing any of the space outings there've been? Led Zeppelin wasn't real either. They're just documented in pictures and sound and a "reunion" that only had the son of one of the alleged originals. It was all a fake. These guys just got together and did a great job of pantomiming a make believe group. And did you know it was all mouth synched and they weren't really playing their instruments ?

What a fool to believe it! England was just trying to regain the edge of music they lost after the British Invasion. Oh wait, that wasn't real either. Since both were before you were even born, you have to go on faith. How foolish to believe what you weren't alive to even experience.

Great words of wisdom from you guys.

Who gives a rat's ass if he's gay or if he isn't? Are you a homophobe too? Fucking hell with this shit already.

Well I would've said he was a homophobe but then someone said he doesnt seem afraid of homosexuals, he just vehemently hates them...

Gainesbarre is just anti-American, from what I have seen.

Well you see this is your problem Steve, and a serious problem in the US for the last few years...

You and other people label anyone who disagrees with right-wing conservative American ideology and government as 'anti-American'

It's really quite disgusting the way you and other people claim that you can only be patriotic or pro-American if your views are right-wing conservative.

'America' and 'American' are not defined as right-wing conservative ideology...

But your attempts to make it seemt that way are anti-democractic and authoritarian. Your attitude makes a mockery of the Bill Of Rights.

No, your mocking me sarcastically is a bit pathetic for a post. I'm not "out there" and I never said it isn't possible for anyone to land on the moon, and I'm not saying they didn't, I'm questioning wether it really happened. But in all honesty, I don't care. It's just a fuckin' moon.

You and other people label anyone who disagrees with right-wing conservative American ideology and government as 'anti-American'

'America' and 'American' are not defined as right-wing conservative ideology...

But your attempts to make it seemt that way are anti-democractic and authoritarian. Your attitude makes a mockery of the Bill Of Rights.

Agreed. And I really think invading a foreign country under false pretenses (weapons of mass destruction) was at best, a blockheaded idea. You need to pick and choose your battles better than that, in my opinion.

Your categorized as anti-American because you consistently blame them for every

problem under the sun, not because of your militant liberal homosexual ideology.

What have I ever 'blamed' the USA for?

Well I guess that's where you and I differ:

I'm all for freedom, acceptance and democracy

Whereas you're for authoritarianism, militarisation, and genetic 'correction' of the species. Sounds a lot like Hitler...

Now drawing wild comparisons to Hitler...that old chestnut. Tedious and predictable.

These two words define you. And Oliver Stone, a friend of yours?

Not once have I seen an anti-American statement from Gainsbarre, and to be quite honest, the term "anti-American" is used loosely, especially by someone who thinks like you.

As for Denmark not achieving anything, just because they haven't bothered to travel to the cursed moon, does not mean they aren't capable of it. Where you were graduated, I take it they failed to teach you how to remove your head from your rectum?

Oh, yes, I forgot it's too big to be removed. Poor you.

Bonham,

Tis far better for you to remain silent and let all the world suspect you are a fool than

to post and remove all doubt.

Is that all you've got, old man?

Why should I remain silent for you, one who sees himself as one of the "smartest people we'll ever meet"? So smart that he can't decipher the difference between "your" and you're", not that grammar matters though, right?

You can talk witty, but your opinions here are offensive and as daft as a brush. Your views on homosexuality are old fashioned and absurd, and your generalization and judgement of some people here is laughable. You've risked looking like a fool to degrade others, but you came short of a penny and failed.

We can do this dance all day. Peacocks love to dance.

Edit: The Copenhagen Post April 27, 2004

Denmark's fledgling space technology programme was given a proper launch on Monday, with the opening of the permanent Aalborg University Space Center.

Ok, that's one step, so it proves they are capable of going to the moon.

Bonham, FYI -- having no astronauts makes a Dutch moon shot mission rather difficult.

You're really not getting this; pull all of the info you want out of your magical wiki-ass, you still can't prove to me that Denmark isn't capable.

You must be a masochist to suggest we continue this thrashing you are receiving from a

superior intellect.

Hah! Don't make me laugh, I wouldn't want to like you.

Bonham,

Tis far better for you to remain silent and let all the world suspect you are a fool than

to post and remove all doubt.

Yes Bonham,

Heed Steve's advice, he's speaking from experience, you know ;)

Having reviewed your profile photo, I'd say no man is beyond your charm and beauty.

No matter how many women you say that to, you're still not going to see the moon. :P

Yes Bonham,

Heed Steve's advice, he's speaking from experience, you know ;)

:lol:;)

Denmark in Space

In 1999 Denmark became a member of the exclusive club of space-faring nations. It happened when the satelite Ørsted was launched into space from the Vandenberg base in California. Today Denmark is taking part in numerous scientific space projects.

Advanced technology used in satellites and measuring instruments makes it possible to gather new information about the universe and about the earth itself.

Small Is Better

Size does matter and ”small is better” could be the headline for one of the biggest success stories for the Danish space program. Denmark is among the leaders in the development and construction of small and inexpensive satellites and advanced instruments used for scientific purposes.

Magnetic Mars

All the dust in the atmosphere surrounding Mars is magnetic. This is one of the surprising results that magnets developed in Denmark have helped to bring back home from the planet.

Are The Poles Changing Places?

A Danish led research project is trying to find out out what changes the Earth’s magnetic field undergoes in space and time, and if the Earth’s two magnetic poles are changing places.

The project involves three new satellites similar to the Ørsted satellite.

AAUSAT-II – Eye In The Sky

Equipped with “an eye with x-ray vision” the mini satellite from Aalborg University, AAUSAT II will be observing some of the most violent phenomena in the cosmos. The sensor will monitor solar eruptions as well as the afterglow from some of the largest explosions in the universe – the so called gamma flashes.

I think I have provided enough evidence to suggest Denmark is indeed capable. They certainly have the technology!

Archived