Why is Led Zeppelin so amazing?

Led Zeppelin is powerful yet so graceful. Their name really does kind of describe their style. It was heavy as Lead, but they were graceful enough to fly like a Zeppelin. There's very few bands that could ever really do this and get away with it. Even when the Beatles did heavier stuff like I Want You, Revolution, it wasn't as graceful or powerful as Zeppelin did with Kashmir or Whole Lotta Love or other songs. Yet Zeppelin could do stuff like Stairway and The Rain Song and it wasn't forced, it fit their style.

Led Zeppelin have a Dynamic attribute about them. Its like Martial arts. There is such a groove that only they can make move. I listen to a lot of music, and there is no one close to them. The only Musical force that matche thier fury is James Brown.

One of the things that they have as a group is ecletic variety. There is also some sort of Mysterious energy that they have. Songs like ALS/WTLB/WIWSNB/STH/Kashmir, all have this fifth element that can't be mined by other bands. I feel like I am on a journy. There are parts of the songs that I really like.

I like Roberts high voice and the fact that he can change the emphisis of his vocals. In other words. Elton, Mick,Paul MC have to stay in thier singer role and sing it the same way all the time. Robert can change things around a bit more.

Jimmy can make his guitar into a sonic weapon like Hendrix. Although it seems to me that He goes back and forth between solos and riffs. Where as Hendrix seems to want to wander out of the riffs a bit more and stick to solowing.

Jonsey to me can add more depth and layers to his bass and keys than anyone else. Its like he has his own distinct personality without being to showy. A lot of his Bass is funkey.

Bonzo, has a lot of power. A lot of his style is based on his energy. Infact I can see why they stopped after he died. Bonzo trancends the drums. He has a certian character in his drumming. Its like if Angus Young and Eddie Vanhalen left thier bands. AcDc and Vanhalen would be done.

Zeppelin is Adventure. When I am running and I get to the end of IMTOD Its hard for me to stop because the energy is high.

Also a big part of Zeps appeal is the layers of the music landscape. I am a very introspective person. So I hear things that others don't .

You know what my favorite part of Zep is. The middle of thier songs. Thier is such a groove. When I write my Sax riffs I emualte/ mine the middle parts of Zeps riffs. The best part of the Lemon song is after the fast bridge part and Robert says to take it down a bit till the end. Kashmir when they do the turn around in the middle part before they rev up. WTLB the second last bridge.

I guess to me Zep has a lot of Soul as well. I am a black mand and I can't relate to Tupack and Biggie Smalls/ most of hard core Rap and Hip Hop. I relate to the hammer of the gods. I relate to Mystic Blues. I belive thats why Zep sound timeless.

Zep and James Brown are my favorite music off all time.

Mc7

Led Zeppelin have a Dynamic attribute about them. Its like Martial arts. There is such a groove that only they can make move. I listen to a lot of music, and there is no one close to them. The only Musical force that matche thier fury is James Brown.

One of the things that they have as a group is ecletic variety. There is also some sort of Mysterious energy that they have. Songs like ALS/WTLB/WIWSNB/STH/Kashmir, all have this fifth element that can't be mined by other bands. I feel like I am on a journy. There are parts of the songs that I really like.

I like Roberts high voice and the fact that he can change the emphisis of his vocals. In other words. Elton, Mick,Paul MC have to stay in thier singer role and sing it the same way all the time. Robert can change things around a bit more.

Jimmy can make his guitar into a sonic weapon like Hendrix. Although it seems to me that He goes back and forth between solos and riffs. Where as Hendrix seems to want to wander out of the riffs a bit more and stick to solowing.

Jonsey to me can add more depth and layers to his bass and keys than anyone else. Its like he has his own distinct personality without being to showy. A lot of his Bass is funkey.

Bonzo, has a lot of power. A lot of his style is based on his energy. Infact I can see why they stopped after he died. Bonzo trancends the drums. He has a certian character in his drumming. Its like if Angus Young and Eddie Vanhalen left thier bands. AcDc and Vanhalen would be done.

Zeppelin is Adventure. When I am running and I get to the end of IMTOD Its hard for me to stop because the energy is high.

Also a big part of Zeps appeal is the layers of the music landscape. I am a very introspective person. So I hear things that others don't .

You know what my favorite part of Zep is. The middle of thier songs. Thier is such a groove. When I write my Sax riffs I emualte/ mine the middle parts of Zeps riffs. The best part of the Lemon song is after the fast bridge part and Robert says to take it down a bit till the end. Kashmir when they do the turn around in the middle part before they rev up. WTLB the second last bridge.

I guess to me Zep has a lot of Soul as well. I am a black mand and I can't relate to Tupack and Biggie Smalls/ most of hard core Rap and Hip Hop. I relate to the hammer of the gods. I relate to Mystic Blues. I belive thats why Zep sound timeless.

Zep and James Brown are my favorite music off all time.

Mc7

Well put I might add that Zeppelin also worked with some of the best sound engineers in the business

When it comes to Sound engineers. Are they that integral. In other words. When Def Leppard made Hysteria all the press touted Mutt Lang as a God.

What does a Producer and Sound engineer bring to the Band?

Mc7

Great Vision by Page (of what he wanted the band to be): blues based rock n roll

Great Talent (JP, JB, RP and JPJ)

Great Chemistry among the band members on stage and in studio, etc...

Great Songs with Great Hooks that are still timeless

Great Arrangements (Page and Jones' experience as session players paved the way)

Great Production/ Producers, Audio Engineering

Great Timing (except for 1975, 1977, 1980 (and those nights when members got sick or ate too many bananas and the like)

Great Mystery (album covers and inside artwork, speculation of their involvement in the occult, symbols, interpretation of lyrics, flying after gigs in their own plane/jet, etc..)

Great stage presence, lighting, management, control by band and management to not sell out to record companies whims when they were a band (1968-1980) like not releasing too many singles (so people would listen to their albums)...

The list goes on...

R B)

Archived