Honest thoughts on P/P Walking into Clarksdale...

Actually, it contains four originals with the whole band credited for them:

'Funny In My Mind (Believe I'm Fixin' to Die)'

'Win My Train Fare Home (If I Ever Get Lucky)'

'Last Time I Saw Her'

'Red Dress'

isn't this on bob dylan's first album?

He apparently has it again since Raising Sand is all covers.

He recently mentioned that prior to recording Raising Sand he was working with Strange Sensation on new material. I don't think this record in any way shape or form means writer's block. It was an opportunity for him to step outside the box and do something completely different.

isn't this on bob dylan's first album?

Yes it is.

Albini's production made the record sound "stiff". The recording didn't "breathe" like a Page/Plant recording should. I mentioned it here before somewhere, he also produced the Stooges' 2007 album, with the same results. <_<

But the music on WIC is another matter. Beautifully crafted songs, performed well. It's a great album. I prefer it over ITTOD by quite a bit in fact.

no shit! i was waiting for that cd like a fat kid craving a cake, and was let down. Albini sucks and is overrated this fag needs to just play his overrated indie gay rock and fuck the hell off.

dont ruin anymore bands, Steve. Tho considering he finds it to be so "punk" and "avant garde" this douche will again.

don't fuck with rock and roll, homo. make your gay little Indie cds no one cares about.

I saw it recently at a record store. Also you could always get it on line at CD Universe.

It's a must have for any Zep fan. :)

Thanks for the help.

Archived