Zep is Jamless with outsiders and other observations

McSeven

I guess Zep can't jam with outsiders. I saw them with Aerosmith at the RRHOfame tribute. They were horrible.

I guess they need to pracitce together. Even though they played together for 11 yrs. For them to just play out of the blue does not work really well.

I also have thought that a lot of Zeps creative juices flowed best when they were on the road. It seems like when they were off the road of a long time. The only studio session that has been in the bargin bins, ended up being ITTOD. Did being off the road so long really mess with the magic?

Mc7

I guess Zep can't jam with outsiders. I saw them with Aerosmith at the RRHOfame tribute. They were horrible.

I guess they need to pracitce together. Even though they played together for 11 yrs. For them to just play out of the blue does not work really well.

I also have thought that a lot of Zeps creative juices flowed best when they were on the road. It seems like when they were off the road of a long time. The only studio session that has been in the bargin bins, ended up being ITTOD. Did being off the road so long really mess with the magic?

Mc7

The RnR HOF jam wasn't that great, for whatever the reason. It's tough to rock out when your wearing a tux and have had too much to drink, or your lead singer insists

on trying to play guitar. There was already tension in the band over the "thanks, my friends, for finally remembering my phone number" quip during the induction speeches.

There have been some decent jams in the past: w/Keith Moon in LA '77, Mick Ralphs

in Fort Worth '77, Phil Carson in '80. There are others.

Archived