Oh my god, I hate Emos.

Bonham

No, you need more communists, because that is exactly what you liberal maniacs are. :)

I hope you're all happy when the government decides that people in America are indeed too stupid to live in the free society without destroying it with liberal nonsense. Then we can welcome complete control. Welcome 1984. You guys asked for it.

Yeah, I definately asked for that by not having much of a problem with emos. Yup, we're all in it together, Drunk. We're all out to get you, one fashion statement at a time. But you will be there atop your hill with your flag, defending freedom for all of us. Thank you.

But you will be there atop your hill with your flag, defending freedom for all of us. Thank you.

Nah, I'm done with defending all you unappreciative people who have no idea how good your quality of life is.

I wish America could turn into Iraq for a couple of weeks to give you all a reality check.

I think its so funny when the emo kids say they are just different, and unique.:lol: They say things like "down with 'preps'", Because the "preps" all dress in hollister and american eagle. But then as they sit and have their bitter conversation , I just take a good look at them. They all have the same haircut. Same band T-shirt with the same band jacket over it. same skinny jeans and flat shoes. Same black eyeshadow, and the same song on their same ipods. :rolleyes: Yeah. They are so different. They dont follow trends, man.

Gah..:rolleyes:

Yep...what's even worse is punk. The whole concept is founded on nonconformism, right, and yet they all look like a bunch of clones with their studded vests with the huge Subhumans patch on the back, and anyone who doesn't wear what they're wearing isn't truly "punk." Jesus. Emo isn't based on precepts of rebellion and going against the grain quite like punk is (although that element is definitely still there - just not as strong), so at least it's not quite as hypocritical of them to all have skinny jeans and dyed-black hair, but yeah...they all need to stop kidding themselves. If you're following a trend, whether it's American Eagle or Hot Topic, you're still a follower.

Yeah, I definately asked for that by not having much of a problem with emos. Yup, we're all in it together, Drunk. We're all out to get you, one fashion statement at a time. But you will be there atop your hill with your flag, defending freedom for all of us. Thank you.

Haha :D

Although highly ironic that he would be defending freedom, if you listen to DRUNK's arguments and his view of society, there wouldn't be much freedom at all...You'd have someone like Saddam keeping everyone in line, men and women would have to behave in strict, certain ways, especially men (because they would have to be model examples of masculinity), you wouldn't be allowed the choice to be an emo or any other social group that is different, you wouldn't be allowed to be gay...

Not a lot of freedom in that society, but then DRUNK isn't about freedom, his ideals for the composition and permissable activities of society are rather similar to what those James Bond Villains dream up...

I'm just annoyed that there is an entire subculture dedicated to mental and emotional weakness. And that really is all "emo" promotes, crawling into a hole and crying when things get tough (you know, like when your mom doesn't you pierce your cock or go out to shows and hardcore dance with your cutter friends).

I'm just annoyed that there is an entire subculture dedicated to mental and emotional weakness.

I think we're just moving into the direction of social depression and cultural melancholia

Russia and Scandavia are good examples of Melancholic societies

If you're following a trend, whether it's American Eagle or Hot Topic, you're still a follower.

For real. Thats what its all about anyway. Looking a certain way so others think what you want them to about you.

For real. Thats what its all about anyway. Looking a certain way so others think what you want them to about you.

But you know, there's no point in getting sniffy about trends, because which ever way you look at it, you in this society today are following trends in one way or another. You may not be following the emo fashion trend or things related to clothes, but you are following trends that are currently popular in our society and in our time frame.

I made a rare visit to the record store last night, to look into some music recommendations some people here made. Naturally, they didn't have any of these. The "music" that was on in the store sounded like Adam Sandler crying, but the guys behind the counter were sighing about how wonderful it was. Two other guys were looking at Johnny Depp posters, and described him as hot. Are these things "Emos"???

I made a rare visit to the record store last night, to look into some music recommendations some people here made. Naturally, they didn't have any of these. The "music" that was on in the store sounded like Adam Sandler crying, but the guys behind the counter were sighing about how wonderful it was. Two other guys were looking at Johnny Depp posters, and described him as hot. Are these things "Emos"???

I hate johnny depp's "ressurection" over the past 5 years. come to think of it, the emo i saw in south park looked a bit like johnny. but i think what you have described classifies as "gay"

I hate johnny depp's "ressurection" over the past 5 years. come to think of it, the emo i saw in south park looked a bit like johnny. but i think what you have described classifies as "gay"

They should bring back 21 jump street!

As far as Emos go... I hate the posers, because I knew a truly Emo girl. Very depressed, (sexually) abused at home, very heavily into drugs, specifically Crystal Meth... my ex found her in the women's bathroom once... slit both her wrists, blood everywhere... she was nearly dead. My ex called me in and then called the ambulance. I grabbed a ton of paper towels in an attempt to stop the blood and my ex and I held this girl's wrists over her head and put the paper towels on the cuts, which were incredibly deep... she barely survived but needed stitches.

Now that is true "emo." She's getting help now and has been put into foster care... and the parents she now has are amazing people. The girl has now stopped dressing so drearily, she goes to Georgia Tech, has a boyfriend... I also got her into Blues and Classic Rock... she loves Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles. The only hold-over music she still listens to from her Emo days are Nirvana and The Doors.

From 6th grade to 9th grade I was also depressed and contemplated suicide. I did cut myself, too, although the only time I ever slit my wrist was an accident.

But these posers who just wear the clothes and the haircuts (and the few who cut themselves) just to fit in piss me the fuck off because they don't know what it truly means to be "emo." They are, in essence, making fun a true problem. And, IMO, they deserve to be forced to go through what a real depressed, suicidal person actualy goes through just so these poser fucks can know just what they are disrespecting.

I did say in another thread learn to laugh. And making jokes about it (this girl does... she laughs about that bathroom incident with me and others all the time) is one thing. But posing and acting like and "emo" just to fit in is incredibly disrespectful.

As far as clothing-styles go, my personal style hinges around one thing... comfort. I don't give two shits about the brand-name or whatever. If I like the shirt or pants and they are comfortable, then they go in my wardrobe. No, I don't shop at Slavation Army. I don't wear shit out of a dumpster. But I don't shop at Abercrombie and Fitch, either. In fact, guess where some of my favorite shirts come from? That's right... Wal Mart. Guess where I get my Led Zeppelin shirts? Yup... Hot Topic and Spencer's. I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't go out in public looking like a slob. But don't expect me to dress up, either. I'll where jeans and a t-shirt before I even touch slacks and a button-down. And God I can not stand getting all dressed up in a suit and tie... or even wearing a sports jacket.

My style is comfort... period.

Why do so many people here refer to people they don't like as "retards". Isn't that hurtful to people that are actually retarded, and their loved ones? I'm not very pc, but this seems inappropriate to me.

If a retard is offended by the word "retard..." um... then they aren't retarded. :blink::o Oh... wow! :)

In fact, every single retard I know calls themselves retarded.

What the PC-fools want is for us to call them "Mentally Challenged Americans," which is a thousand times more offensive because the retards wouldn't be able to pronounce it. They'd get halfway through the word "challenged" and drift off to... "I like chocolate milk, ahah."

Ralphie May says it best:

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index....ie-may-retarded

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index....lphie-may-rusty

I appreciate you addressing my question on the retard references, Nathan. I realize the word itself should not be considered an insult, but thought that when people call others who are not thinking or acting correctly a "retard", it would be inconsiderate to those who are really retarded. Evidentally I'm being too sensitive to it, since it is common here and no one has spoke out against it. I tend to believe poking fun at people who can help the way they act or look, or at least not be outrageous about it, is fair game - and making fun of something that's not controllable is off limits. As far as this emo topic, I really have no knowledge of what you're all talking about. Kids are always going to be different, and adults will always mock their antics.

But you know, there's no point in getting sniffy about trends, because which ever way you look at it, you in this society today are following trends in one way or another. You may not be following the emo fashion trend or things related to clothes, but you are following trends that are currently popular in our society and in our time frame.

Oh yeah no I totally get that. Im not saying I dont follow trends. Some things I do like striaghten my hair...The only reason i can think of for doing it is because it looks normal. I was just trying to say that people who say they have nothing to do with trends, and they do. Thats what bothers me is all.

I think we're just moving into the direction of social depression and cultural melancholia

Russia and Scandavia are good examples of Melancholic societies

please don't compare melancholy with hating ones self, self mutilation and dressing like a pansy.

melancholy is a good feeling (as long as it dosn't take control).

I appreciate you addressing my question on the retard references, Nathan. I realize the word itself should not be considered an insult, but thought that when people call others who are not thinking or acting correctly a "retard", it would be inconsiderate to those who are really retarded. Evidentally I'm being too sensitive to it, since it is common here and no one has spoke out against it. I tend to believe poking fun at people who can help the way they act or look, or at least not be outrageous about it, is fair game - and making fun of something that's not controllable is off limits. As far as this emo topic, I really have no knowledge of what you're all talking about. Kids are always going to be different, and adults will always mock their antics.

No problem. I understand where you're coming from. I think it's just become such a widely-used societal word that we don't really think of it as offensive anymore. Plus, beyond PC-folk, there's really no one for the word to offend.

As far as Emo, it isn't just adults mocking it this time. It's kids, too. The reason is because the whole "trend-Emo" culture is offensive to people who truly are "Emo" in the legitimate sense... they have a severe depression which starts off other mental issues, including suicidal tendencies, which, along with the need for escape and pain being a good escape, creates the urge to mutilate one's self. So it is a real problem for people.

I mean, imagine the social outcry if it became trendy to be retarded? (Forgive my use of the stereotype, but) People start wearing Football helmets, holding one hand to their chest, acting ADD, and, basically, acting like an actual retarded person, only they aren't? The outcry would be tremendous... you could imagine.

It's the exact same thing. True emo is a mental issue. It may not be genetic like Retardation, but it is a mental issue nonetheless. And "trend-Emo" kids are basically making fun of the actual problem. That's what the problem with this "trend" is.

Look, what Emo is good for and the one thing it will be successful remembered for is HAIR

Emo Hair style. That'll be it.

But i mean thank god anyway, because it's the best looking men's hairstyle for a long time

I'm going to have to agree with Nathan, it angers me that these "posers" make a fashion trend out of it, while there are actually some very depressed people who might need help. I would be afraid to make fun of an "emo" person because I don't know whether that person is just jumping on the bandwagon, or if they actually have some legitimate psychological disorders.

"Emo" is actually a term that predates the current use of it. It began as a way of describing Fugazi and other artists that were part of the DC punk scene back in the 80s but has been entirely misappropriated in recent years to mean something else entirely.

Archived