Led Zeppelin: First impressions

For me it was Led Zepp 4 will all the glory in it. The next one was 3, then 2, then TSRTS, then HOTH (which was a huge disappointment), Physical Graffiti (which I thought was only ok) then Presence, 1, ITTOD, CODA (which is crap).

When I think of Zepp, it's always 4 and the solo on STH. But also Four Sticks - I think that absolutely RULES? Full of Tolkeinistic mysticism and high-end Plant vocs.

Anyone else got any thoughts on their experiences?

- Kate

For me it was Led Zepp 4 will all the glory in it. The next one was 3, then 2, then TSRTS, then HOTH (which was a huge disappointment), Physical Graffiti (which I thought was only ok) then Presence, 1, ITTOD, CODA (which is crap).

When I think of Zepp, it's always 4 and the solo on STH. But also Four Sticks - I think that absolutely RULES? Full of Tolkeinistic mysticism and high-end Plant vocs.

Anyone else got any thoughts on their experiences?

- Kate

I and II seminal rock moments

III appreciated much more now then say 30 years ago.The remastered version was a real improvement over the original recording

iV watershed in rock history

Houses of the Holy: grows on you and you begin to really appreciate the electic talents the band

Physical Grafitti:stunning, one of the great double albums of all time

Presence:underrated

In throught the out: vivid memories of the first day it was release.the different album covers, the inner sleeve colours when moisture is applied,the brown papaer bag and the initial shock of an album that was dominated by JPJ

The first album was just incredible upon first listening to it.

II: Sounded basically the same as I, which isn't a bad thing at all.

III: Pretty good, I thought. Not as good as the first two, but still good.

IV: No need to describe this one.

Houses of the Holy: I think this is my favorite, actually. Especially since I first listened to it on a cool, sunny day, which is a perfect environment to listen to this album.

Physical Graffiti: The first LP is just perfect. The second one had to grow on me a bit before I started to appreciate the tracks like Black Country Woman and Boogie With Stu.

Presence: The most underrated Zeppelin album. It's just all a high speed adrenaline blast to listen to straight through.

In Through the Out Door: Also extremely underrated. It's probably the most "fun" album to listen to, but also has the only Zeppelin song that can make me cry (All My Love)

Coda: Not so good, since it's all basically outtakes (and some edited live tracks). But there's still some gems in here, like Wearing and Tearing.

I don't have a fave album coz i feel that you can't really compare them because each album is different but i would have to say that i think presence and physical graffiti are their best albums purly becuase presnce just blows my mind everytime i hear it and i belive that it was done at the heith of their confidence.

physical graffiti becuase it is their most creative album and the sound and effects they create are amazing plus "in my time of dying" is such and underated track along with "the rover"

Archived