Plant/Krauss Dusseldorf

Just back from Dusseldorf and my first viewing of the Plant /Krauss tour. I knew it would be good but it exceeded all my expectations.

Enthusiastic German crowd including one out and out ROCKER (complete with AC/DC t-shirt) who kept shouting for 'Rock N Roll'. Robert 'acknowledged' him before the band went into "Nothin" ...this sent him crazy and eventually and he was falling over and bumping into others who were seated....he was bundled out by security after barging into the wrong people (ie. Rod McSweeney and other laminate wearing crew)

The harmonies were amazing...Krauss has an amazing voice and we all know about Roberts. I expected Battle of evermore to be the Zep highlight but the version of Black Country Woman was even better.

What I wasn't expecting was "In The Mood" !!!! Although it was a medley..in that Alison went into another song in the middke before they returned to In The Mood.

Sorry no complete set list. I'm too busy enjoying the show to keep writing stuff down.

Off to Paris now.

he was bundled out by security after barging into the wrong people (ie. Rod McSweeney and other laminate wearing crew)

I think you meant to say Rod McSween, the Managing Director of International Talent Booking (ITB), who has promoted more than a few of Robert's shows in the past.

What I wasn't expecting was "In The Mood" !!!! Although it was a medley..in that Alison went into another song in the middke before they returned to In The Mood.

surprised005.gif Wow! That would be cool to witness live. Even if it was just part of it. I heard it on the radio last night, and it was refreshing to hear.

I think you meant to say Rod McSween, the Managing Director of International Talent Booking (ITB), who has promoted more than a few of Robert's shows in the past.

Yep, bad habit of mine. I always refer to him as McSweeney. I have no idea why!

01. [5:55.12] Rich Woman (Dorothy LaBostrie/McKinley Millet)

02. [4:51.41] Leave My Woman Alone (Ray Charles)

03. [7:04.64] Black Dog (John Paul Jones/Jimmy Page/Robert Plant)

04. [4:32.54] Sister Rosetta Goes before Us (Sam Philips)

05. [4:30.73] Through the Morning, Through the Night (Gene Clark)

06. [5:00.09] Let Your Loss Be Your Lesson (Milt Campbell)

07. [4:20.17] Fortune Teller (Naomi Neville)

08. [7:49.35] In the Mood (Robert Plant/Robbie Blunt/Paul Martinez) > Matty Groves (trad.) > In the Mood (Robert Plant/Robbie Blunt/Paul Martinez)

09. [5:40.00] Black Country Woman (Robert Plant/Jimmy Page)

10. [4:39.49] Shut It Tight (T Bone Burnett)

11. [6:16.46] Bon Temps Roule (Clarence Garlow/Eddie Shuler)

12. [6:34.55] Trampled Rose (Tom Waits/Kathleen Brennan)

13. [3:33.48] Green Pastures (Brian Ahern)

14. [3:40.31] Down to the River to Pray (trad.)

15. [5:11.24] Killing the Blues (Roly Jon Salley)

16. [6:32.60] Nothin' (Townes van Zandt)

17. [6:03.15] The Battle of Evermore (Robert Plant/Jimmy Page)

18. [6:49.55] Please Read the Letter (Micheal Lee/Jimmy Page/Charlie Jones/Robert Plant)

19. [6:44.37] Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On) (Phil Everly/Don Everly)

Encore #1:

20. [2:34.09] I'm a One Woman Man (Tillman Franks/Johnny Horton)

21. [6:01.47] Your Long Journey (trad. arr. by Arthur Lane Watson & Rosalie Watson)

Encore #2:

22. [9:02.44] When the Levee Breaks (Memphis Minnie/John Bonham/John Paul Jones/Jimmy Page/Robert Plant)

There's the set list.

Just back from Dusseldorf and my first viewing of the Plant /Krauss tour. I knew it would be good but it exceeded all my expectations.

Enthusiastic German crowd including one out and out ROCKER (complete with AC/DC t-shirt) who kept shouting for 'Rock N Roll'. Robert 'acknowledged' him before the band went into "Nothin" ...this sent him crazy and eventually and he was falling over and bumping into others who were seated....he was bundled out by security after barging into the wrong people (ie. Rod McSweeney and other laminate wearing crew)

The harmonies were amazing...Krauss has an amazing voice and we all know about Roberts. I expected Battle of evermore to be the Zep highlight but the version of Black Country Woman was even better.

Sorry no complete set list. I'm too busy enjoying the show to keep writing stuff down.

Off to Paris now.

That sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing. I'm glad they're doing some of Robert's solo songs. July is taking an eternity to get here!

The concert was just fantastic. No more to say. Every song was received well to very well. The only annoying thing was an idiot from the audience requesting STAIRWAY. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

@johnthomasmoby

Those time indexes... Did you tape the show?

01. [5:55.12] Rich Woman (Dorothy LaBostrie/McKinley Millet)

02. [4:51.41] Leave My Woman Alone (Ray Charles)

03. [7:04.64] Black Dog (John Paul Jones/Jimmy Page/Robert Plant)

04. [4:32.54] Sister Rosetta Goes before Us (Sam Philips)

05. [4:30.73] Through the Morning, Through the Night (Gene Clark)

06. [5:00.09] Let Your Loss Be Your Lesson (Milt Campbell)

07. [4:20.17] Fortune Teller (Naomi Neville)

08. [7:49.35] In the Mood (Robert Plant/Robbie Blunt/Paul Martinez) > Matty Groves (trad.) > In the Mood (Robert Plant/Robbie Blunt/Paul Martinez)

09. [5:40.00] Black Country Woman (Robert Plant/Jimmy Page)

10. [4:39.49] Shut It Tight (T Bone Burnett)

11. [6:16.46] Bon Temps Roule (Clarence Garlow/Eddie Shuler)

12. [6:34.55] Trampled Rose (Tom Waits/Kathleen Brennan)

13. [3:33.48] Green Pastures (Brian Ahern)

14. [3:40.31] Down to the River to Pray (trad.)

15. [5:11.24] Killing the Blues (Roly Jon Salley)

16. [6:32.60] Nothin' (Townes van Zandt)

17. [6:03.15] The Battle of Evermore (Robert Plant/Jimmy Page)

18. [6:49.55] Please Read the Letter (Micheal Lee/Jimmy Page/Charlie Jones/Robert Plant)

19. [6:44.37] Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On) (Phil Everly/Don Everly)

Encore #1:

20. [2:34.09] I'm a One Woman Man (Tillman Franks/Johnny Horton)

21. [6:01.47] Your Long Journey (trad. arr. by Arthur Lane Watson & Rosalie Watson)

Encore #2:

22. [9:02.44] When the Levee Breaks (Memphis Minnie/John Bonham/John Paul Jones/Jimmy Page/Robert Plant)

There's the set list.

I think you meant to say Rod MacSween. :D

@johnthomasmoby

Those time indexes... Did you tape the show?

Times are from a boot...............Freely available....if you know where to look.

We ( me and Aquamarine Knebby)met Dave the Paris show. He was dashing off afterwards cos he had an early flight to Amsterdam the next mornig fot ht eshow there. Good to meet you Dave.

Thanks fot the pics fabrice.

Ooh the frilly shirts.

The next night " the frill is gone"

We ( me and Aquamarine Knebby)met Dave the Paris show. He was dashing off afterwards cos he had an early flight to Amsterdam the next mornig fot ht eshow there. Good to meet you Dave.

Hi ledded1, Aquamarine.......was good to meet you too. I only got back last night from Amsterdam.

oh and Hi Knebby...great to see you again!

^

Hi Dave, good to see you in Paris, so how was Amsterdam? manage to get the train back on time from the Heinekin? Like I said its a fair way out of the city and I have no idea where I first wound up but managed to get there and back in the end.

So a busy week travelling Europe for you then B) . You need a break :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a good time Dave, i only managed Birmingham and Oslo this time. Hope to get some more September / October time.

Off to Paris now.

Archived