Vintage Photographs

Jahfin

Some really great photos there!

Here's a couple of fav photos of mine:

This one's called "The Kiss by the Hôtel de Ville" and is very well known. It's been a lot of debating if it's a set up or taken in the moment.

06kiss1.span.jpg

This is quite famous as well, a train that been running through one of the walls of Gare Montparnasse, Paris, 1895.

train_wreck.jpg

I would bet the making out is setup.

Many of you who truly enjoy some publicized photography, you should consider getting this book.

tip1_5129.jpg

It's got some of the most breathtaking pictures I've ever seen (including some from the three wars -WWII, Korean War, Vietnam-) and it's a great buy.

Many of you who truly enjoy some publicized photography, you should consider getting this book.

tip1_5129.jpg

It's got some of the most breathtaking pictures I've ever seen (including some from the three wars -WWII, Korean War, Vietnam-) and it's a great buy.

I have Life photographer Larry Burrows' book 'Compassionate Photographer'. The shots from Vietnam are amazing. He was right in the mud with those guys. He was killed in Laos in 1971. :(

c5.jpg

Near Dong Ha 1966

I have Life photographer Larry Burrows' book 'Compassionate Photographer'. The shots from Vietnam are amazing. He was right in the mud with those guys. He was killed in Laos in 1971. :(

c5.jpg

Near Dong Ha 1966

Yeah, that picture is in the book. You pretty much summed it up, I think they are amazing because they risked their lifes to deliver the news to us about what those troops were going through.

c5.jpg

Near Dong Ha 1966

While some of those photos are understandably too gruesome to be shown on television it's amazing how sanitized this current war is when it comes to television coverage.

While some of those photos are understandably too gruesome to be shown on television it's amazing how sanitized this current war is when it comes to television coverage.

Sanitized for our protection.

I love the old platinum and albumen prints. The process is available today but platinum is way beyond my budget to even give it a try. :blink:

very cool and interesting pics every1. Thanks for sharing them.

Yes Hotplant I'd say that could be vintage!!lol I've got two yrs to go then before my oldest is 25--I better start livin it up now huh

What a cutie pie he is

very cool and interesting pics every1. Thanks for sharing them.

Yes Hotplant I'd say that could be vintage!!lol I've got two yrs to go then before my oldest is 25--I better start livin it up now huh

What a cutie pie he is

Thanx :)

I love the old black and white Hollywood portraits, like this one of Ava Gardner (she also belong to the "beautiful women" thread :D ).

ava-gardner-the-killers1.JPG

This portrait of photographer Margaret Bourke White is really cool too, she's up on The Chrysler Building taking photos of NYC.

MargaretBourkeWhite.jpg

I love the old black and white Hollywood portraits, like this one of Ava Gardner (she also belong to the "beautiful women" thread :D ).

ava-gardner-the-killers1.JPG

Hurrell was the man!! :)

This portrait of photographer Margaret Bourke White is really cool too, she's up on The Chrysler Building taking photos of NYC.

MargaretBourkeWhite.jpg

That's a great shot. I've always wanted to take a pic from that same spot. The interior of the Chrysler Building is also a work of art. :)

287WWII.jpg

I like this one. It's really cool. Many techniques. Rule of 3rd's, leading lines, good black and white contrast, single subject informal.

They look bored and tired and want to go home. B)

wwii1-lo.jpg

and this is an amazing panning shot.

Reminds me of David Douglas Duncan's war photos.

Archived