A question to the Administrators/sam webmaster.

misty mountain

I've recently been been looking at post's where as someone has started a topic and when you check out the post a day or so latter ;you have to scroll past a whole lot of posts that have pictures or messages which are completely unrelated to the topic .Do you believe it to be fair; say if you were following a very interesting topic or in some in cases a topic that was started by someone that was making really ridiculous accusations about Led Zeppelin or the band members and before "you " Know it theres pages and pages of replies of which half of them; have say "for example soccer players or cartoon pictures that waste topic space and maybe even make outrageous claims by topic starters look like top rating postings because of the wasted long posts by some other members. cheers misty mountain.

I've recently been been looking at post's where as someone has started a topic and when you check out the post a day or so latter ;you have to scroll past a whole lot of posts that have pictures or messages which are completely unrelated to the topic .Do you believe it to be fair; say if you were following a very interesting topic or in some in cases a topic that was started by someone that was making really ridiculous accusations about Led Zeppelin or the band members and before "you " Know it theres pages and pages of replies of which half of them; have say "for example soccer players or cartoon pictures that waste topic space and maybe even make outrageous claims by topic starters look like top rating postings because of the wasted long posts by some other members. cheers misty mountain.

I think you are talking about sigs here, which some people have set to appear in all of their posts. You have the option to make these invisible.

I don't think many people care about "top rating postings" around here.

Oh and it is perfectly possible to address questions like this directly to the admin or the webmaster without starting threads about them, just so you know.

Cue pic of football players:-

If you are referring to the time it takes to open threads that have alot pictures, most of which do not apply to the topic - I would agree. This may have something to do with this old computer, and others with better equipment might not be inconvenienced at all. I would imagine this just goes with belonging to a forum, so it's not really a big deal...

• Administrators

At the top of the page, click on "My Controls", then "Board Settings":

"Do you wish to view members signatures when reading topics?"

select "No".

Archived