Smokers

Little Miss

What I find funny is that the governments dare not study the effects of second hand car exhaust.

Put a group of people in a sealed room smoking cigarettes and a few will get red eyes and some may feel a little sick.

Put a group of people in a sealed room with running car exhaust and they all die.

How profound :rolleyes:

I lost my grandfather and several aunts/uncles from smoking related cancers. All the adults on one side of my family smoked when we were growing up. I smoked for several years when I was still pretty young and quit when my grandfather was sick. It's been almost 20 years and I haven't had one since.

Well, I'm glad beside the predictable 'boohoo smokers are losers' post most posters have a good attitude towards it. I lve to smoke, I really do. Otherwise I'm very healthy.

With regard to calling smokers rude and inconsiderate?

Some, maybe.

But hell, I only smoke in a room where other people are smoking, or when those in the room don't mind, and in that case the window will be open and I'll do my damnest to keep the smoke away from them.....although the wind is usually working against me....

Anyone else find whenever they light up they need a piss?

It's really, really annoying.

What is this seventh grade?? You look so cool. Oh man, can I hang out with you?? Go dump your full ashtray of butts in a parking lot or something. Go flick your butt out the window of your car. Go smoke your cigarettes and leave us alone.

What is this seventh grade?? You look so cool. Oh man, can I hang out with you?? Go dump your full ashtray of butts in a parking lot or something. Go flick your butt out the window of your car. Go smoke your cigarettes and leave us alone.

You're so boring. Rubbish argument. Immature in the extreme. No contribution, just words, meaningless, badly thought out words. Useless.

Well, I'm glad beside the predictable 'boohoo smokers are losers' post most posters have a good attitude towards it. I lve to smoke, I really do. Otherwise I'm very healthy.

With regard to calling smokers rude and inconsiderate?

Some, maybe.

But hell, I only smoke in a room where other people are smoking, or when those in the room don't mind, and in that case the window will be open and I'll do my damnest to keep the smoke away from them.....although the wind is usually working against me....

Anyone else find whenever they light up they need a piss?

It's really, really annoying.

Just do be careful; often health issues don't manifest until years later. :( Surgery for head/neck and throat cancer is extreme, if it can even be done. Drinking and smoking together increases the risk of oral cancer (nobody mentioned drinking; but often the 2 go together). And smokeless tobacco is very risky too.

Once you become a smoker, usually you are a smoker for life whether you smoke or not.

The longer you smoke, the more your brain is programmed to need nicotine.

Quitting is easier than you think. You just need to do it. It's not about whether you want to or not. People make all kinds of excuses in order to delay quitting.

I had a health scare and quit immediately. Never had a craving or withdrawal symptom at all.

Is fag a slang word for cigerrettes over there ?

Yeah, in the UK "oi, I wanna packet of fags, love"

Just do be careful; often health issues don't manifest until years later. :( Surgery for head/neck and throat cancer is extreme, if it can even be done. Drinking and smoking together increases the risk of oral cancer (nobody mentioned drinking; but often the 2 go together). And smokeless tobacco is very risky too.

Everyone always assumes that if you smoke, you're definately going to end up with cancer, which is just not true...

Cancer really depends on your family history. If there is no cancer in your extended family history, then the likelihood of you getting cancer is very very small, even if you do smoke...

However if there is a lot of cancer in your extended family history, then guess what...the chances of you getting cancer are high even if you never touch a cigarette...

Yeah, in the UK "oi, I wanna packet of fags, love"

Everyone always assumes that if you smoke, you're definately going to end up with cancer, which is just not true...

Cancer really depends on your family history. If there is no cancer in your extended family history, then the likelihood of you getting cancer is very very small, even if you do smoke...

However if there is a lot of cancer in your extended family history, then guess what...the chances of you getting cancer are high even if you never touch a cigarette...

I smoked and ended up with colon cancer, probably not related to smoking though it's an hereditary thing. It was caught at stage one ,so far so good. Then again I sometimes blow smoke out my ass lol.

Smoking since I was 15 and that started when I had my first cigar with a my nephews (same age as me). I smoke cigarettes now and I don't smoke cigars like I used to, but I do enjoy 'em on occasions. I smoke big time. Half a pack a day. I am not proud of that, but I enjoy it. I respect non-smokers and I can be patient when waiting for a drag while at the pub, but I want to puff even more as I drink (sure I can run outside for a moment or two, but why do that every five minutes). I tried quiting a couple of times, but when I smoke again, I actually find myself saying "I can't quit you, baby". Do I care? No. In the long run I will, hopefully I won't suffer from lung cancer till then and if I do; Yes, I will enjoy it.

You're so boring. Rubbish argument. Immature in the extreme. No contribution, just words, meaningless, badly thought out words. Useless.

Sorry, but you are the boring one. You think of smoking as a really interesting hobby. Heaven forbid somebody doesn't share the same fascination with you over your hobby. Have you ventured into the cherry tobacco/pipe aspect of your hobby yet?

Once you become a smoker, usually you are a smoker for life whether you smoke or not.

Not really I tried smoking cigarettes for a week when I was in grade 7 and I thought "Why the fuck do people smke this?" haven't had a cigarette or desire for one since.

Sorry, but you are the boring one. You think of smoking as a really interesting hobby. Heaven forbid somebody doesn't share the same fascination with you over your hobby. Have you ventured into the cherry tobacco/pipe aspect of your hobby yet?

An interesting hobby? Interesting? Hobby?

It's not a hobby you cretin.

If you don't like smoking, then at least articulate your views in a mature way rathert than 'boohoo smokers are losers'.

Face it, smoking looks cool. Always has.

As for looking unhappy in yourself? What an idiot judgement.

Whenever I see a smoker I think...loser. An insecure, litterbug, unhapppy with themselves and they take it out on their lungs and everything/everyone around them. Y'know what cracks me up...watching a parent smoke in a car with their suffocating little one sitting next to them. Pissing away your money on cancer sticks. LOSER!!!

Funny how times change. Not long ago, you would've have been considered the loser.

The longer you smoke, the more your brain is programmed to need nicotine.

Quitting is easier than you think. You just need to do it. It's not about whether you want to or not. People make all kinds of excuses in order to delay quitting.

I had a health scare and quit immediately. Never had a craving or withdrawal symptom at all.

Agreed. I quit at the beginning of the year after 35 years of on and off (mostly on) smoking.

Why?

My father died in 2004 from lung cancer directly attributed to smoking. He was a heavy smoker (2-3 packs/day) for over 50 years. But that didn't stop me. I continued my smoking, feeling a bit more guilty, but none the less never missed a beat. Last October, my mother passes away from the same thing, although she quit over 25 years ago. Still, I kept puffing away. Oh, i've always considered the health risks, and tried to keep my consumption down to around 10-12/day, but then I got to thinking. I'm 52 years old and if i'm going to quit, now is the time. If I wait much longer, say mid 60's, what good is it going to do? Just that much more damage will be done. If you wait that long, you might as well keep on keepin' on. It's not that I want to live forever, but I would like my latter years to be healthier. Where I can get out and take walks and enjoy life. Not sitting in a chair hacking my lungs out while everyone gives you disgusting looks. Now having said all of this, it's hasn't been easy and I still get the itch to light one up. Like some of you have said, I enjoyed the taste of a cig after a good meal or cold beer, but somethings take precedent over others. Not preaching either. I believe everyone has the right to live their lives the way they wish and if smoking makes you feel better, then continue.

I've noticed that pipe smokers have a whole ritual to preparing the tobacco, holding the pipe in their mouth for a while before lighting it, cleaning the pipe, etc... and then they seem content for a while after. Perhaps this method might reduce the amount of time that your actually smoking?

Gawd I hate it when I accidentally erase my post!

Where was I? Ok... Our state just passed a law that it is now illegal to smoke in your car while children under five are with you. :)

My mom was a heavy smoker and I hated it. Yet, I smoked in junior high thinking it made me look older and "cool." I quit when I became pregnant with my first child. Cold turkey.

It makes me so sick to see a brand new baby with a mom smoking while holding the precious one, or while she's pregnant. :thumb down:

The fifties TV and movies made it glamorous. But we aren't in the fifties, and now the only person who still looks cool (imho) is Keef! :lol:

But, it's your life, lungs, and money so do whatever makes you happy. :D

* cough cough*

I'd love to smoke a pipe, but can you get away with it these days without looking pretentious?

Even when I quit smoking, I'll alway's have a fondness for the smell of a good pipe tobacco.

An interesting hobby? Interesting? Hobby?

It's not a hobby you cretin.

If you don't like smoking, then at least articulate your views in a mature way rathert than 'boohoo smokers are losers'.

Face it, smoking looks cool. Always has.

As for looking unhappy in yourself? What an idiot judgement.

Smoking in no way looks cool. Both my parents are smokers and I've gotten into roaring arguments with them over the years about it, because when I was 16 and playing basketball in H.S., I had to go for a physical and when the doctor was checking my breathing, he actually asked if I smoked. That's how bad my lungs sounded from inhaling cigarette smoke for 16 years. They quit smoking around me after that, but now that we're trying to sell our house, we're having issues because all the furniture smells like cigarettes and it's turning off potential buyers. We've had to dump hundreds and hundreds of dollars on steam cleaners to try and remove as much of the smell as possible.

It's an addiction like any other, I understand that after living with two smokers. They're not losers, they're dependant. That being said, glorifying it makes no sense to me. Smoking killed my grandmother, my grandfather and I don't doubt it will kill my parents. After my mom was hospitalized with bronchitis a few years ago, I resigned myself to the fact that I will probably bury the both of them before I'm 40. I'm currently 25. They've tried to quit, and they've never been able to do that. I wish they would, because I don't want to see their last years end up like my grandparents' were.

Smokers ---- NO

Tokers ---- YES ! ! :D

That's the ticket!

If you're gonna smoke, make it worthwhile and only smoke the best Gunjeh.

Then you'll not only look cool, you will be cool!

And you'll attract alot of new friends too. :D

Archived