The Sarcasm Thread

MS1

And you're the right one to change the situation... :rolleyes:

Learn from the masters.

It's true that I can't measure up to the level of sarcasm you bring to the table. The diligence with which you practice your craft is truly inspiring. It's almost as though you don't know where the "off" switch is.

:notworthy:

:P

It's true that I can't measure up to the level of sarcasm you bring to the table. The diligence with which you practice your craft is truly inspiring. It's almost as though you don't know where the "off" switch is.

:notworthy:

That's just because I'm a natural talent, dear Sam. I don't have a switch or any other special buttons to control it. Some people need special machines to lose weight, and others need to start a special thread to make it clear that what they're saying is really sarcasm.

That's just because I'm a natural talent, dear Sam. I don't have a switch or any other special buttons to control it. Some people need special machines to lose weight, and others need to start a special thread to make it clear that what they're saying is really sarcasm.

It's true. I am a mere journeyman of sarcasm, a Salieri to your Mozart. Look at this, for example:

On the other hand, I really wonder if there's any reason any of us need to know that your 34 and happily unmarried to the women you call your wife whos a little....well, whatever...

That's quality sarcasm . . . me, I would save that kind of flash for the thread- but that's because I'm a self-consciouly sarcastic hack, whereas you simply flow with the river . . . you are a divine conduit, a sort of Sibyl of Snark.

It's true. I am a mere journeyman of sarcasm, a Salieri to your Mozart. Look at this, for example:

That's quality sarcasm . . . me, I would save that kind of flash for the thread- but that's because I'm a self-consciouly sarcastic hack, whereas you simply flow with the river . . . you are a divine conduit, a sort of Sibyl of Snark.

I love when people divinize me. I'm really glad you've remembered how much I like to be flattered. ^_^

I love when people divinize me. I'm really glad you've remembered how much I like to be flattered. ^_^

That's why I do it all the time! If you aren't up on a pedestal, how can you look down on everyone?

Not only are you a Sybil of Sarcasm, you're a Succubus of Sycophancy.

vampire.gif

I absolutely love sarcasm, and sam your hot tonight, i want to cut you down just to here your come back but i like you and i got nothin. can you try to out of that comment i wont be offended i promise!

Not sure I can, cutting on someone who has issues with the shift button and spelling issues is a little like tripping a special olympian.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=snark

Urband Dictionary definition for Snark:

1. snark

noun

Combination of "snide" and "remark". Sarcastic comment(s).

Also snarky (adj.) and snarkily (adv.)

His commentary was rife with snark.

"Your boundless ineptitude is astounding," she snarkily declared.

by Tootybug47 Feb 9, 2004

2. snark

Use of sarcasm or malice in speech. Commonly found in the LiveJournal community. also snarky, snarkiness.

Not to be snarky, but I don't see how what you're saying makes any sense.

"Oh, well, *that's* a good idea. How about we *all* follow *you* and jump off a cliff like lemmings?" she said snarkily.

by kathy Sep 30, 2003

n.

3. Snark

1. Biting, cruel humor or wit, commonly used to verbally attack someone or something.

"Wow, this Quicken stuff is great: I can see how frelled I am by week, month, or even full color pie chart!"

4. snark

verbal ingenuineness that is brief, subtle, yet quite stabbing. snark is often marked by deep creativity & use of psychological attack. It employs coldbloodedness and is best served unprovoked. Snark can contain hidden complimentary meaning under a mean face, but it hurts more than it strengthens.

usu found in adjective form: "snarky": making use of snark.

"you looked at me like a snark while your head was extremely mentally blocked."

Okay, the combination of snide and remark. I believe this is where this slang word (not in the official dictionary yet) came from. The first four definitions are pretty straight forward, though you can tell that it's user submitted since some are written poorly. And then comes this . . .

5. snark

To clandestinely kneel down and huff the seating area of a female co-worker after she has been sitting at her desk all day.

My post-lunch snark of Christine's seat revealed to me that she had recently paid a visit to the lavatory and that her lunch menu consisted of fried meats and a side of deep fried potatoes.

by carveyournamein NOLA Aug 7, 2007

WhatwhatWHAT? :blink:

I didn't bother to read further. :rolleyes:

Archived