the past

Well, as a friend of mine who was "with" Jimmy in the early 70s told me, there were no whips. I'll leave it to her to go beyond that, if she so chooses. But no whips that she ever saw. Perhaps Miss Pamela was embellishing.

As for Bonzo and his 40 measures of vodka, I've struggled with alcoholism for decades. For a true alcoholic, downing a fifth over the course of a day of anything isn't going to put me in the grave. So perhaps he wasn't the raging drinker he's been portrayed as. I'm not trying to get all tabloid about this. In fact, my hope is to do the opposite. Bonzo went on a binge (easy to do when you're hanging out with any band), and it was the wrong day for him to do so. That doesn't speak to what kind of person he really was. My friends that actually knew him remember a sweet, funny guy who was the antithesis of the "beast" described in those atrocious books. A teddy bear. That's how those that knew him remember. I'll keep that image thank you.

And Cole, shame on you. Bastard.

I know of these two:

Catherine James

Pamela des Barres

the des Barres book has the claims of Jimmy carrying a suitcase full of whips. But as this is the only source which has ever claimed that (all others have just quoted her) I find it very difficult to believe.

However as you said, there have been no books from major women in any of their lives - these are the only 2 books i know of and both refer to Jimmy.

I've been meaning to get Catherine James' book. Could be an interesting read. ^_^

I've been meaning to get Catherine James' book. Could be an interesting read. ^_^

It is. I got it the day it came out. The parts with Jimmy are the best. He is so romantic and sounds so adorable and just proves how hot he is. I love how she calls him the ever dazzling Mr Page at one point.

Well, as a friend of mine who was "with" Jimmy in the early 70s told me, there were no whips. I'll leave it to her to go beyond that, if she so chooses. But no whips that she ever saw. Perhaps Miss Pamela was embellishing.

As for Bonzo and his 40 measures of vodka, I've struggled with alcoholism for decades. For a true alcoholic, downing a fifth over the course of a day of anything isn't going to put me in the grave. So perhaps he wasn't the raging drinker he's been portrayed as. I'm not trying to get all tabloid about this. In fact, my hope is to do the opposite. Bonzo went on a binge (easy to do when you're hanging out with any band), and it was the wrong day for him to do so. That doesn't speak to what kind of person he really was. My friends that actually knew him remember a sweet, funny guy who was the antithesis of the "beast" described in those atrocious books. A teddy bear. That's how those that knew him remember. I'll keep that image thank you.

And Cole, shame on you. Bastard.

This person wasn't Pamela. It was someone I didn't recognize, but in LA.

So could Charlotte. She is interviewed in the Revolution documentary coming out. Though it is about the late 60's, I wonder if she will talk anything about her time with Jimmy. I would love if she wrote a book.

I also think so ,aen27. I think Charlotte is the most beautiful girl whom Jimmy ever had.

(In Eric Clapton's autobiography,he writes that he was smitten with her from the very first moment

he set eyes on her. And he also writes that Charlotte was one of the great loves of his life.)

However, there are a lot of mysteries in the relationship between her and Jimmy.

Therefore, I wish to know about her various things more and more.

I am Jimmy's fan for a long time from the 70's,and I am convinced that she was the woman who he loved most in his Led Zep days.

They seemed not to have a good relationship at the first half of the 70's,but from around 1976,their relation got better,Jimmy was calling Charlotte 'MY LADY'

At that time I heard Jimmy was frequently presenting her various kind of expensive goods.

I could not understand at all why they broke up...

I also think so ,aen27. I think Charlotte is the most beautiful girl whom Jimmy ever had.

(In Eric Clapton's autobiography,he writes that he was smitten with her from the very first moment

he set eyes on her. And he also writes that Charlotte was one of the great loves of his life.)

However, there are a lot of mysteries in the relationship between her and Jimmy.

Therefore, I wish to know about her various things more and more.

I am Jimmy's fan for a long time from the 70's,and I am convinced that she was the woman who he loved most in his Led Zep days.

They seemed not to have a good relationship at the first half of the 70's,but from around 1976,their relation got better,Jimmy was calling Charlotte 'MY LADY'

At that time I heard Jimmy was frequently presenting her various kind of expensive goods.

I could not understand at all why they broke up...

I heard he threw elaborate birthday parties for her. I loved he called her 'My Lady.' I would love to know more about their relationship too. They seem so interesting together. I think Charlotte is the most beautiful of Jimmy's girls too.

I heard he threw elaborate birthday parties for her. I loved he called her 'My Lady.' I would love to know more about their relationship too. They seem so interesting together. I think Charlotte is the most beautiful of Jimmy's girls too.

The grand birthday party Jimmy threw for Charlotte (maybe early '80s) were attended by Alan white,Jim Capaldi,Simon Kirke(Alan said there was like six or seven drummers) , Eric Clapton and others. At this time Jimmy might have wanted the drummer who suited himself very much.

People say Jimmy dated a lot of women in the 70's. But I think he clearly divided 'his lady' and 'groupies'.

About thirty years ago, I had read Jimmy's remarks like despising women considered to be groupies. I surely think that it is his real intention.

He might have only used the groupie conveniently like using the tissue paper when catching a cold. In a sense he might be a very cruel man.(I'm sorry Jimmy! lol)

His treatments to Pamela Des Barres,Lori Maddox and Bebe Buell etc were the evidences, and these girls were typical groupies.

These groupies are speaking each relationship between them and Jimmy fluently and one-sidedly. But up to now I never heard or read what Jimmy said about them.I think that Charlotte will never write about her relationship with Jimmy(also about Eric) in the book though I ardently hope it. I believe she is the classy French lady with elegance and dignity.I had a similar feeling for Pattie Boyd. But at last she wrote. I understand that Pattie has various reasons though I was a little disappointed to read her book.

Anyway,I am sure that Jimmy has three different serious relationships in his life. Of course they are Charlotte,Patricia and Jimena.Jimmy is married to Jimena now,but he said in 2004 interview that he is on good terms with Charlotte and Patricia, and said ''We are a close knit family''

It has been proven also in this photograph.

About a month later Jimmy and Charlotte were presented their first grandchild by daughter Scarlet.

(at Royal Albert Hall, Scarlet's 'Your Child Exhibition')

http://groups.msn.com/MiniMadMod60s/charlo...p;PhotoID=15044

I am expecting Jimmy to be going to write his autobiography in the near future(like Eric Clapton did).

I think it's about time to speak his own life.

The grand birthday party Jimmy threw for Charlotte (maybe early '80s) were attended by Alan white,Jim Capaldi,Simon Kirke(Alan said there was like six or seven drummers) , Eric Clapton and others. At this time Jimmy might have wanted the drummer who suited himself very much.

People say Jimmy dated a lot of women in the 70's. But I think he clearly divided 'his lady' and 'groupies'.

About thirty years ago, I had read Jimmy's remarks like despising women considered to be groupies. I surely think that it is his real intention.

He might have only used the groupie conveniently like using the tissue paper when catching a cold. In a sense he might be a very cruel man.(I'm sorry Jimmy! lol)

His treatments to Pamela Des Barres,Lori Maddox and Bebe Buell etc were the evidences, and these girls were typical groupies.

These groupies are speaking each relationship between them and Jimmy fluently and one-sidedly. But up to now I never heard or read what Jimmy said about them.I think that Charlotte will never write about her relationship with Jimmy(also about Eric) in the book though I ardently hope it. I believe she is the classy French lady with elegance and dignity.I had a similar feeling for Pattie Boyd. But at last she wrote. I understand that Pattie has various reasons though I was a little disappointed to read her book.

Anyway,I am sure that Jimmy has three different serious relationships in his life. Of course they are Charlotte,Patricia and Jimena.Jimmy is married to Jimena now,but he said in 2004 interview that he is on good terms with Charlotte and Patricia, and said ''We are a close knit family''

About a month later Jimmy and Charlotte were presented their first grandchild by daughter Scarlet.

I am expecting Jimmy to be going to write his autobiography in the near future(like Eric Clapton did).

I think he will write it too. I hope he does. He's mentioned it more than once, but he also told Mick Wall he thought it would be band before it's on the shelves. Maybe since Mick Wall is writing their defentive biography to come out in fall, maybe that will get Jimmy to do it. One of the the only places he has spoken briefly about groupies is on a CD of an interview from 1972. It was something like 'you think they're different' (the first tour) but aren't ..that's what they're there for.' You're right - Jimmy has never spoken about any of his groupie girlfriends.

I'm sorry, I'm not getting your meaning. Could you be clearer please?

The woman that was talking about being whipped by Jimmy in the Groupie film was not Pamela.

I don't know who it was.

Hi all,

I'm sorry, I'm not getting your meaning. Could you be clearer please?

Alright,I 'whipped'Pam',she asked me to,gentle as I can be.You were there Ev,but you and JP were not paying much attention,talking about tunings,Super Slinky's and some one named Martin,is was a good bit of fun until Robert walked in,...shame really,... :hysterical:

KB (write me Ev,or our you -abusing- a Strat,..again?) :rolleyes:

The woman that was talking about being whipped by Jimmy in the Groupie film was not Pamela.

I don't know who it was.

I wasn't talking about the film Groupie. I was talking about Pamela's references to Jimmy's whips in her book I'm With the Band. I've never seen or read Groupie.

It is. I got it the day it came out. The parts with Jimmy are the best. He is so romantic and sounds so adorable and just proves how hot he is. I love how she calls him the ever dazzling Mr Page at one point.

I need to get it. :D

I have the doubt since before.

Many women wrote about their relationship with famous men (including Jimmy), but these women's names do not come out in the list of these men's romantic record so much.

I had seen the lists of loves of Mick Jagger,Rod Stewart and Jack Nicholson etc in the gossip site before, but there was no name of Pamela Des Barres , Bebe Buell and Catherine James anywhere. Why is this?

If these women believe one-sidedly "Love Relationship", I think them to be very pitiful.

I have the doubt since before.

Many women wrote about their relationship with famous men (including Jimmy), but these women's names do not come out in the list of these men's romantic record so much.

I had seen the lists of loves of Mick Jagger,Rod Stewart and Jack Nicholson etc in the gossip site before, but there was no name of Pamela Des Barres , Bebe Buell and Catherine James anywhere. Why is this?

If these women believe one-sidedly "Love Relationship", I think them to be very pitiful.

Jimmy Page is not well known enough by the general public to be gossip-rag fodder, and besides that, I'm sure he has a very good publicist who keeps him out of those sorts of publications.

Jimmy Page is not well known enough by the general public to be gossip-rag fodder, and besides that, I'm sure he has a very good publicist who keeps him out of those sorts of publications.

I was relieved to hear it.

It is not good feelings that I see my hero's name on the gossip site like the garbage box.

And even if that kind of list of Jimmy is made someday, those(the above-mentioned) women will not be listed there too.

Thank you for that.I always wondered what scarlet page looked like .cheers.

all these pics are fantastic...thx to all for posting.

i remembering reading the Pamela Des Barres book when i was in high school...didnt she also talk about jimmy practicing black magic, as well?

I've noticed that. Jimmy is too classy for that! Which makes me so relieved he isn't in those things.

I've noticed that. Jimmy is too classy for that! Which makes me so relieved he isn't in those things.

Is Jimmy really that unknown to the general public?

It's an interesting question in itself.

All that I know is that everybody I have ever worked with in my job (completely unrelated to music, I assure you! :( )I have engaged in conversation about music.

Over 20 years,this covers hundreds of people -in their early twenties to their mid 60's,and 95% of them know exactly who Jimmy is,albiet at different stages of his career.

I know a bloke who is 65,and who had the fortune of living in London(half the world away from us)in the mid/late 60's.

He caught all the great bands of the time but unfortunately left England before Led Zep were formed.He saw the Yardbirds however,and told me Jimmy was the best he saw,even better than Eric!. :lol:

He never got to see Zep preform live unfortunatley, as he was living in Africa the only time they ever played our country.1972!

Archived