What was that Tommy Vance Blues Track?

nobbydog

Take yourself back 25-odd years to the Tommy Vance Friday Rock Show on Radio 1. Ahhhh, the likes of which have never been seen since and probably never again.........

Anyway, before I disappear into my back collection of lp's B) can anyone tell me where the filler track Tommy used to use came from? In between tracks he would let this ripping blues track (no vocals) begin (I can sing it in my head to this day, not much use to you guys though!) and start natterring about the next record he was about to play (bless his soul).

Anyone got the faintest idea of what I'm talking about?

Take yourself back 25-odd years to the Tommy Vance Friday Rock Show on Radio 1. Ahhhh, the likes of which have never been seen since and probably never again.........

Anyway, before I disappear into my back collection of lp's B) can anyone tell me where the filler track Tommy used to use came from? In between tracks he would let this ripping blues track (no vocals) begin (I can sing it in my head to this day, not much use to you guys though!) and start natterring about the next record he was about to play (bless his soul).

Anyone got the faintest idea of what I'm talking about?

I could be wrong but I think it was a Van de graff generator track !! And if old tom were here now he would be loving all this Zep gig stuff !!

I could be wrong but I think it was a Van de graff generator track !! And if old tom were here now he would be loving all this Zep gig stuff !!
VDGG it was.........but the title escapes me at the moment.

Their are two tracks he used to use. Definitely VDGG 'Theme One' for the competitions and the show theme tune was 'Take it Off the Top' by the Dixie Dregs.

I loved that show, I remember the joy of laying in bed on Friday nights with my little trannie in my hand :blush: (too much information)

Edited to add. Cozy Powell also did a version of 'Theme One' but it was deffo VDGGs version on the show.

Thanks a million guys, yep, those 2 tunes bring back memories, but............ :(:(:(:(

the blues track I'm trying to find ain't either of those. Come on, think back a bit harder (please :D ) it was a fairly up-tempo blues track, lots of high hats in the back, ripping guitar riff, not particularly over the top or fast, but spot on! It would crop up evry so often immediately after a record had finished. He would let it play for a few bars then turn it down and talk over it until he put the next record on.

Any more ideas out there?

Their are two tracks he used to use. Definitely VDGG 'Theme One' for the competitions and the show theme tune was 'Take it Off the Top' by the Dixie Dregs.

I loved that show, I remember the joy of laying in bed on Friday nights with my little trannie in my hand :blush: (too much information)

Same here mate and Steve Morse was in Dixie dreggs who is now the guitarest in Deep Purple now !!!

But what was the track!!!!!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(

Well Wikipedia says the theme tune was TAKE IT OF F THE TOP by Dixie Dreggs as Whyalla says in an earlier post !! But i am sure it was Theme One for the theme tune and the Dreggs number for the compititions, so i think wikipedia is wrong...in my opinion !!

Well Wikipedia says the theme tune was TAKE IT OF F THE TOP by Dixie Dreggs as Whyalla says in an earlier post !! But i am sure it was Theme One for the theme tune and the Dreggs number for the compititions, so i think wikipedia is wrong...in my opinion !!

I know I know, but what was the blues track :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Archived