Auckland 72

mad dog

This is a great listen. What makes it extra special is the atmosphere. For me, a great recording like this is way better than a soundboard. It really captures the vibe and I almost feel like I was there. There is an audience member you can hear that is really enjoying the show even though he has a classic Beavis and Butthead laugh. It really is a great timecapsule and takes me back to 72..

It's a great concert. Most good audience recordings blow away soundboards. This is definitely one of those.

Yes, Ive noticed a lot of people like the Flying Circus soundboard recording. I find it a bit dry and not the greatest performance.

This is a great listen. What makes it extra special is the atmosphere. For me, a great recording like this is way better than a soundboard. It really captures the vibe and I almost feel like I was there. There is an audience member you can hear that is really enjoying the show even though he has a classic Beavis and Butthead laugh. It really is a great timecapsule and takes me back to 72..

this auckland show has been recorded by the local radio station via there own recording caravan onsite at the concert,they have replayed the concert on a special show about two years ago, Pagey is quoted in an interview as saying that particular concert was in his opinion the best the band had done up to that date,so a record of a real piece of history.

I loved that show too.....particulary the song remains the same vamp in the middle of dazed total thumbs up

Archived