Plant-Krauss Article and Plant Comments

011269LZI

As far as him turning 60 and packing it in, doubt it. I think there's still a lot of fire left in him. What direction he'll take after he's done touring with Alison, we'll have to wait and see.

i agree.

i also believe that there are times even today when robert doesn't know how he will manage it.

It's almost like Robert wants to feel like he's a part of Led Zeppelin for the sake of the familial bond, but only wants to keep the pilot light on as far as musical activity there goes. It's a real wasted opportunity.

i agree.

He will write and sing some new material with Alison cause he's being inspired by her . Alison has obviously made him feel "youthfully"regenerated and as a artist for all these years to finally get recognition in a solo career (Grammy awards ,country and western awards etc)that must be truly rewarding in it self.The part that hurts been a led zeppelin fan is the fact that Jimmy and the band need to move on as well .I for one don't ever wont to see another "regurgitated" best of led zeppelin CD OR DVD appear at Christmas time. Jimmy and john paul have got to get to grips and move on themselves and produce there own brand of material to show the world as Robert has that they can move on as well.

It's almost like Robert wants to feel like he's a part of Led Zeppelin for the sake of the familial bond, but only wants to keep the pilot light on as far as musical activity there goes. It's a real wasted opportunity.

I don't think that's a clear read on his feelings. I do respect you for saying "It's almost like", though. So many people post like they know what someone's true motivations are. Anyway, a "wasted opportunity" can only be measured by its benefit. Certainly Robert can afford to "benefit" from something that is exciting to him and his musical journey without being motivated by huge exposure and an equally huge paycheck. Other than that, it's really about the "opportunity" for us fans to get a Zeppelin fix. As I see it, Robert took time off from what he's been pursuing to pay respects to Ahmet Ertegun. I don't see any other intent in him. It was nice to prove the naysayers wrong by showing that the power of Zeppelin was real and not legend. And I believe that gave him satisfaction. All of them really. But as I see it, having paid tribute to Ahmet, and perhaps vindicating Zeppelin in some way has satisfyed any need for him to revisit the past. Now it's back to the path he's been forging for decades.

But of course, that's just my interpretation. :beer:

I don't think that's a clear read on his feelings. I do respect you for saying "It's almost like", though. So many people post like they know what someone's true motivations are. Anyway, a "wasted opportunity" can only be measured by its benefit. Certainly Robert can afford to "benefit" from something that is exciting to him and his musical journey without being motivated by huge exposure and an equally huge paycheck. Other than that, it's really about the "opportunity" for us fans to get a Zeppelin fix. As I see it, Robert took time off from what he's been pursuing to pay respects to Ahmet Ertegun. I don't see any other intent in him. It was nice to prove the naysayers wrong by showing that the power of Zeppelin was real and not legend. And I believe that gave him satisfaction. All of them really. But as I see it, having paid tribute to Ahmet, and perhaps vindicating Zeppelin in some way has satisfyed any need for him to revisit the past. Now it's back to the path he's been forging for decades.

But of course, that's just my interpretation. :beer:

Very well said. Relates well to what Robert was talking about in his MSG interview shortly after the 02...Making things right :)

Linkage

Archived