Unfinished?

I still find it laughable that anything on CODA's cover could be interpreted as "Kabbalistic symbols". I don't claim to be the be-all end-all Zep officianado, but I do know the Kabbalah sufficiently to say there's nothing remotely resembling Kabbalistic imagery on CODA's cover. That's just a fact. On the front, a bi-sected line supporting the band's name. On the back, a photo of some irrigation circles that could be interpreted to resemble vinyl records. Ooooo! Cryptic! Wherever did I leave my decoder ring?? :rolleyes:

I wish we , you and I, could have a sit down with Jimmy and let him tell you a little about the Kabbalah. Not me - him. Then, maybe, he would see it fit to do a "show and tell" about the CODA album. In the meantime, pick up your old Kabbalah books and revisit their stories if you have a real interest in the subject.

I wish we , you and I, could have a sit down with Jimmy and let him tell you a little about the Kabbalah. Not me - him. Then, maybe, he would see it fit to do a "show and tell" about the CODA album. In the meantime, pick up your old Kabbalah books and revisit their stories if you have a real interest in the subject.

You wish you and I could have a sit down with Jimmy about the Kabbalah? Um, okay. So oh Grand Wazoo, please illuminate me to the Kabbalsitic elements on the CODA cover. I'm all ears! Go ahead, I'm listening. I'm right here. Online at this very moment. Show me. Where are they? Please be specific. Cite references.

Oh, and I like that you referred to my Kabbalah books as "old". Are there new ones? Are the new ones more accurate? Am I missing something? I suppose I should throw my Crowley books and Thelema books in the bin too. Being as I'm so misguided.

Pal, you have no idea what I do with my "meantime" so don't make assumptions. Please. It's bad form among strangers. If you don't know who you're dealing with, better to be cordial, right?

You wish you and I could have a sit down with Jimmy about the Kabbalah? Um, okay. So oh Grand Wazoo, please illuminate me to the Kabbalsitic elements on the CODA cover. I'm all ears! Go ahead, I'm listening. I'm right here. Online at this very moment. Show me. Where are they? Please be specific. Cite references.

Oh, and I like that you referred to my Kabbalah books as "old". Are there new ones? Are the new ones more accurate? Am I missing something? I suppose I should throw my Crowley books and Thelema books in the bin too. Being as I'm so misguided.

Pal, you have no idea what I do with my "meantime" so don't make assumptions. Please. It's bad form among strangers. If you don't know who you're dealing with, better to be cordial, right?

Likewise sir.

Likewise sir.

Nice dodge of the point. I ask again, as you've seen fit to send me back to school with my Kabbalah books, where is the symbology on CODA? Again, specifics, since you've implied repeatedly you know something, and determined that I need to woodshed. Where is it? Make your point.

Hey, if you see it, tell me what you see, and permit me to draw my own conclusion. I back up my shit that way. Otherwise you're just hot air. Talking. Talking. Yawn. Gimme something I can grab hold of and see for myself, otherwise...

Hey, if you see it, tell me what you see, and permit me to draw my own conclusion. I back up my shit that way. Otherwise you're just hot air. Talking. Talking. Yawn. Gimme something I can grab hold of and see for myself, otherwise...

:)

o.k. in all fairness to you...those ain't "record albums" on the back cover of CODA. if you know the Kabbalah and its History, you'll know of the lost writings of the Bahir...go there and and look for the answers. i won't ruin the fun by spilling all here. g'night mate.

p.s. - if you try and can't find the answers - pm me and i'll get you more info.

That's very generous of you. Why not "spill it here"? I only said they resembled vinyl albums, and anyone who's flown over central California knows irrigation circles. They're quite common. If you possess knowledge of a deeper meaning, why keep it to PM? You've already pointed us to the "lost writings of Bahir". Why not just get it over with? Why not just make your point without all this cloak and dagger crap? Speak what you know and leave it to the rest to decide.

How exactly does the Bahir's correspondance to the ninth Sephirot or the number 7 or ancient Gnostic speculations relate to the pictures on CODA? Don't PM please, share with all who wish to know.

As indicated by the dialog I had with him, he has nothing to back up his claims. Now, in a last effort to hold onto the shreds of credibility he thinks he has he's decided to be "mysterious" about the answer. He doesn't know what he's talking about, at best he's just trying to execute a poorly planned joke. This Kabbalah business he's pushing is nonsense.

o.k. in all fairness to you...those ain't "record albums" on the back cover of CODA. if you know the Kabbalah and its History, you'll know of the lost writings of the Bahir...go there and and look for the answers. i won't ruin the fun by spilling all here. g'night mate.

p.s. - if you try and can't find the answers - pm me and i'll get you more info.

listen.....oh, nevermind. this is a waste of time and space.

you obviously don't want to out what you think in the forum because you know there are REAL students around here that will rip any hallucinations you may have to shreds.

that's a real and credible fear, so why not present it as "this is my opinion.." instead.

your boasts are empty and dissappointing.

you sound like you may know how to conjugate a verb, but nouns and synonyms look like they give you trouble.

hide and seek are not where it's "at".

like the sign says, it's better to be quiet and let everyone think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove any doubt.

Chicago and Biloxi representin! Cheers boys! :beer:

ev...i'm from chicago!

4500 north-UPTOWN! wilson and clark, just blocks away from the aragon brawlroom on lawrence, the green mill on broadway, the riv, the vic, simons the home of the winking fish in andersonville, park west, blah blah!

these are a few of my favorite things.....

ev...i'm from chicago!

4500 north-UPTOWN! wilson and clark, just blocks away from the aragon brawlroom on lawrence, the green mill on broadway, the riv, the vic, simons the home of the winking fish in andersonville, park west, blah blah!

these are a few of my favorite things.....

SEE! I managed to get you Chi-town boys together! Now, you two can grab a beer or two at Charlies' and rip me a new butt-hole for my non-sensical ramblings on the forum. If I were still there I'd even buy the first round!

By the way - I am a Fool.... cheers!

Go Sox!

SEE! I managed to get you Chi-town boys together! Now, you two can grab a beer or two at Charlies' and rip me a new butt-hole for my non-sensical ramblings on the forum. If I were still there I'd even buy the first round!

Go Sox!

Well thank you for the offer nirvana, and THANK YOU for the awesome new addition to my sig!

Go Sox!

Actually I was referring to the two people who posted after I did, one being from Chicago, the other from Biloxi. I'm a west coast native. I was thanking them for clarifing for me that I was wasting my time pursuing an open and clear answer from you on this topic. :beer:

Of course, you're still free to share your CODA-Bahir connection.

Well thank you for the offer nirvana, and THANK YOU for the awesome new addition to my sig!

After all these years!!! You finally got to replace "bcb: by his own admission... his brain i.e. a bowl of mush"! :hysterical:

I wish we , you and I, could have a sit down with Jimmy and let him tell you a little about the Kabbalah. Not me - him. Then, maybe, he would see it fit to do a "show and tell" about the CODA album.

I'd prefer you left Jimmy out of this nonsense. This is not the first time you've floated

ridiculous theories about their album cover art - and imagination is a wonderful thing -but your going to far when you infer it has anything at all to do with him.

Okkk can't we all get along? I do remember reading briefly (think it was Hammer of the Gods) that a black album had been planned ala the white album, the Beatles. But hey maybe i'm on crack..

If you're on crack and you don't know you are... :hysterical:

I take anything in HOTG not corroborated my a more reliable source with a grain of salt (or a big fat bowl of crack!). :lol: I keep my copy under the bathroom sink in case the TP runs out.

I guess Metallica and ACDC nicked the black album idea. And Spinal Tap! :D

If you really want to go "out there', try Thomas Friend's book Fallen Angel: The Untold Story of Jimmy Page. Talk about someone who spent waaay too much time staring at album covers while stoned! When I read it, I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or offer my soul to Lucifer! :hysterical:

Honestly though, I don't recommend it. Half the book is a flight of Satanic conspiracy fancy, and the other a plea to accept Christ before the minions of Satan (Led Zeppelin) take you beyond the possibilty of being saved. Yeah, it's like that. Definitely take a pass on that book.

After all these years!!! You finally got to replace "bcb: by his own admission... his brain i.e. a bowl of mush"! :hysterical:

Well it was going to take something special, something so special that an entire thread be devoted to lunacy of the highest order. This thread is of such special quality.

Catching up after looooong absence.

I kinda wish this thread wasn't dying because I'm very curious as the Nirvana's interpretation of the Coda 'symbols'. If looked upon as some type of sphere upon an axis I could see some remote iota of sybolism but it seems to me, if true, to be a rather incomplete and amaturish attempt....there are too many missing pieces....9 1/2 spheres? In what appears could be a circular pattern? Hmmmmm....been a long time since I've seriously studied but it just isn't jangling any associations in my mind. I would, however, love to here Nirvana's interpretation...I think if Jimmy were really using symbolism it would have been a bit more sophisticated...Just an opinion.... B)

Archived