Four nights in Toronto?

legend1

Haha, it would be amazing if they did that, being from Toronto and all, but I highly doubt. It would be pretty random if they only played Toronto, and nowhere else, but maybe it's paing us back for shafting us so bad in the 70's :)

Well there are of course the rumours from last year that they put on hold:

Madison Square Gardens for 3 nights (US)

Wembley Stadium for 2 nights (UK)

Giants' Stadium (US)

Meaning that it is possible that Toronto wont be the only place they will play. But to be honest I would be VERY VERY surprised if they play anywhere at all this year.

This was posted on radio station Q107's site regarding the rumor:

Can't believe they've missed the obvious, which is the Toronto Blue Jays home schedule. It narrows the available dates down to just two possibilities for a four night stand that

month. If the venue is hosting other concerts during those dates it may eliminate the

possibility altogether.

"Jimmy Page"'s post to their blog about not touring in August held true for many years in the 80s and early 90s but it's not so much nowadays.

Anyway, it's just a ridiculous rumor to go along with five nights at Giants Stadium, etc. etc. blah blah blah...

I think a lot of the reported dates are plain daft; But there maybe some truth in they may play

these venues - I am guessing 2009 - Such a large undertaking would need a big preproduction period , and going by Jimmy's previous interviews about ensuring that they are well rehearsed.

I guess robert will want a big rest after his current tour and then ease into rehearsing again.

I think by Nov/Dec we will have a bit more info and perhaps some DVD or show to keep the appetite up; Zeppelin are masters of keeping the spin rolling to their benefit with an air of mystery and rumours, such as the coverdale slip (but I guess this was more about Whitesnake selling albums and getting press on LZ's coattails)

I think June-Aug 2009 would be good time to hit europe and the festival circuits (although I fancy another Knebworth will happen)

As a Welshman I found this blog useful and encouraging , true or not .. we will see. but I will be there..

"As previously reported, bookers at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium are talking to Led Zeppelin about a possible show at the venue."

The link essentially refutes the rumor. The four-night-stand would have to fall betwen Aug 25-31 and we've already shown Jason has tour commitments that week. I doubt

Mick Jones would free him up as Foreigner significantly raised their ticket prices based

on Jason's post-02 Arena drawing power. Just goes to show you the media doesn't do

its homework, simply reports unsubstantiated rumors at face value.

Ohhh!! How I wish this could be true!!!!! Haha!! You know the rumours are getting out of hand when there's one about them playing four nights in Toronto!! :hysterical: Seriously, that would be fuckin' sweet. :wub:

The reunion rumours have been going around pretty much since Led Zep called it quits. While I understand that the recent craze is due to the magnitude of O2 show, can people just chill out for crying out loud?

If this happens WE WILL FIND OUT! OFFICIALLY and not any of this "I know from a reliable a source but can't say much" crap. News this big will not be kept quiet. But with a reunion rumour surfacing every ten seconds it's gonna be really hard to believe the real thing when/if it happens.

I believe Led Zeppelin can kick the BlueJays out of the Rogers Centre for 4 days.

No big deal.

Nah, the Blue Jay's will be safe and sound at home because there will still be no Led Zeppelin in August.

Next rumour please. Perhaps a 324 night stand in some Butte, Montana honky tonk???

So will the Rush tour will end in time for Geddy Lee to watch the Blue Jays from his suite at the stadium? :unsure:

Y'know, it amazes me that the press can report stuff like this. We knew about the O2 months before the press because we have friends around here who are closer than the press. I'll wait for a pm or an email before I believe anything. And some of those friends will sure be bummed as the 20th anniversary Knebworth Zeppelin exhibit they've put together will be open right smack during that time.

http://knebworthhouse.com/events/events.html

'Sure as the dust that blows high in June....' The rumourof a string of Led Zeppelin gigs in Toronto in August is total nonsense. The question I have is: who is behind the posting of this lie - and why?

By the way, Geddy is always seated directly behind home plate - not in a suite.

:coffee:

No disrespect to any Torontonians/Canadians but why would they do 4 isolated dates there?

I could believe it as part of a wider world tour but not on it's own.

I think Led Zep must love these rumours (might even be behind them) as it keeps the pot boiling nicely. The world'll go apeshit again when the tour is officially annouced!

No disrespect to any Torontonians/Canadians but why would they do 4 isolated dates there?

I could believe it as part of a wider world tour but not on it's own.

I think Led Zep must love these rumours (might even be behind them) as it keeps the pot boiling nicely. The world'll go apeshit again when the tour is officially annouced!

Well as for the isolated dates if any of the other show rumours are true it could be that they are not touring extensively but doing some dates in the US/Canada and UK.

To be honest I doubt Plant likes the idea of churning out the greatest hits playing almost the same setlist for years in stadiums. I think if they do anything an album would probably be first so that they can say 'we're back!'

Isn't this Toronto rumor just regurgitated information issued months ago? I seem to recall reading something about this a while back.

There's so many rumors out there that if LZ did make an official announcement, I don't know that I'd believe it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is anyone sure were not talking about LEZ Zeppelin in Toronto?

This type of rumor has happened before, just askin...

dontknow.gif

Yer like the Bonaroo rumours :lol:.

However as great as Lez Zeppelin are I doubt they could sell out a stadium on multiple nights. The rumour seems to be wrong anyhoo.

EDIT: Found this on gigwise.co.uk:

Canadian music channel Much Music, who carries the report, adds that the band are not expected to announce any American tour plans.

The blog's reports, from a ‘reliable source’, are the latest in a long line of supposed Led Zeppelin reunions planned for 2008.

Also this is what Muchmusic said:

No fancy tour of the U.S., but Toronto will have FOUR dates at Skydome/Rogers Centre this coming August. AMAZING. Hardly any bands play Skydome anymore because it's such a juggernaut of a venue and impossible to fill unless you're, well, Led Zeppelin. Or maybe Backstreet Boys.

This seems odd, this also implies that they wont play any UK dates meaning the rumours about Wembley Stadium are all BS.

To be frank, I think ALL the rumours are BS. Personally I cant wait till Robert records with the Strange Sensation again, now that would be an awsome tour. :)

On top of all of the very good reasons given thus far in this thread why this is BS, the reason that this venue is rarely used for concerts is the poor acoustics and general quality of sound. Somehow I don't think such a venue would be the top choice for the boys to do a one off or even a teaser for a tour.

I would have to agree as much as I would love for this to happen since I'm from T.O. But if they were to do something like this, it would make more sense to do 3 or 4 nights in NY, California, or London. Plus if they started rehearsing 6 weeks prior to the one 02 show, they would need to start rehearsing soon for a 4 night stand in August. Considering Robert's in the middle of a spring/summer tour - it's not happening.

Next week there will be another show and another city rumor. I'm surprised this thread has gone on as long as it has!

Archived