The Death Penalty

Bonham

Capital/Corporal Punishment  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would/do you support Capital Punishment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Would/do you support Corporal Punishment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Yes to the death penalty but only for certain crimes and only when there is 100% DNA-tested proof that the condemned is the person who committed the crime.

No to corporal punishment because I will not enroll my child in a school where the teachers are allowed to hit the students. Someone raises their hand to my child and I'll put my foot up their ass.

I can understand you feeling that way Electrophile.

But, on the other hand... I believe the reason that "children" assualt teachers, is that their parents have 'their' heads "up their ass"... [but I'm not implying that you or your child are involved in any of that...]

And to the Death Penalty.... when there is DNA proof, I think that the sentence should be carried out dramatically.... As with the guillotine...... No nurses or doctors required for that! Just someone that can keep a blade sharp.. It's quick, and there's no lingering death, or complications, as with the lethal injection mode of execution, that our "civlized" society has taken such a liking to. A beheading also gives the wronged parties more closure, I would think. And besides all that, pay-per-viewing the executions also gives the wronged parites some monetary compensation, regardless of the financial status of the convicted murderer (s)... :)

I would support capital punishment in certain cases. I see no reason why the likes of Peter Sutcliffe and Dennis Nielson for example should be kept alive.

No way, these people need to remember what they did, beat them, stab them, spit/piss in their food make every day a miserey....Fuck the expense.

Also in China they don't waste money on housing,feeding,clothing and medical care

they just put a bullet in the back of their head and send the bill to the family.

Now "THAT'S" Progressive.

I'd say that once guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, that's a good plan!!

Whatever happened to banishing bad people to a dismal place, like in Pappilon? This way, the cost of keeping them alive is minimal. the lesson is served, and they can be returned to society if proven innocent later. I think some wackos would enjoy the attention they get in the stocks, it's not much different than being a standup comic...

I didn't say I liked her :P

Thanx God! Cuz we really have some better music. Russian people are good at literature and Classic Music, not in the modern one)

Sorry of off-topic >_< I have already said my point of view when it comes to the death penalty...

The death penalty blows.

The victims likely suffered more when they died than the criminals did. Hard labor and high risk jobs would be better punishment. Killing them outright is a bit....meh. Smacks of the ego and a lack of imagination. The death penalty isnt even a deterrent anyway....who the fuck honestly contemplates the legal consequences when killing someone?

The death penalty blows.

The victims likely suffered more when they died than the criminals did. Hard labor and high risk jobs would be better punishment. Killing them outright is a bit....meh. Smacks of the ego and a lack of imagination. The death penalty isnt even a deterrent anyway....who the fuck honestly contemplates the legal consequences when killing someone?

I strongly yet respectfully disagree. A lot of these murderers have already spent major time in the slam, and are actually comfortable with prison life. They can't handle it on the outside. A life sentence to those types is a gift, not a punishment. Three squares, a bed and a crapper, and shelter THAT I AM PAYING FOR WITH MY TAX DOLLARS.

Now, WHO is getting punished for their crimes?

Flip the switch. <_<

I strongly yet respectfully disagree. A lot of these murderers have already spent major time in the slam, and are actually comfortable with prison life. They can't handle it on the outside. A life sentence to those types is a gift, not a punishment. Three squares, a bed and a crapper, and shelter THAT I AM PAYING FOR WITH MY TAX DOLLARS.

Flip the switch. <_<

In some states they used to give you the choice. On this forum, Ill chose the firing sqaud please. Just dont miss!!

I think more innocent people suffer from not having a death penalty then the opposite. There are people who would just as soon be in jail as long as they get their revenge. Sure innocent people fall through the cracks, but way way more guilty people get away with murder.

I can understand you feeling that way Electrophile.

But, on the other hand... I believe the reason that "children" assualt teachers, is that their parents have 'their' heads "up their ass"... [but I'm not implying that you or your child are involved in any of that...]

I don't have kids. I'm not entirely sure I want them anyway, my response was merely in the hypothetical.

Students that assault teachers should be expelled, not beaten. The idea that any parent would allow a stranger to physically assault their children is mind-boggling to me. If the kid needs a spanking, that's YOUR job as the parent.

Too many parents nowadays are relegating all their responsibilities to teachers. They view them as babysitters whose job it is to raise their kids. I went to school with kids whose parents felt that way. Do some of this shit yourself.

My problem with the death penatly is that it is not applied more often and in a much quicker manner.

As for violent criminals (rapists, child molesters, armed robbers etc,) kill them all I say, let God sort them out.

In addition, if the government offered an alternative to jury duty service and made it serving on a firing squad. I'd be very happy to help out.

edited to add:

And for all those people who argue that the death penalty is not an effective deterent to crime, you are missing the whole point of the thing. The death penalty, as is all of our penal code laws, are meant to be PUNATIVE... meant to PUNISH offenders. If the death penalty ever is a deterent for some people, well that's great. But it is only a by-product of the penalty and not why we apply it. The only reason to put a person to death is to punish them for their crimes. To make them pay the ultimate price for the ultimate crime they committed.

My problem with the death penatly is that it is not applied more often and in a much quicker manner.

As for violent criminals (rapists, child molesters, armed robbers etc,) kill them all I say, let God sort them out.

In addition, if the government offered an alternative to jury duty service and made it serving on a firing squad. I'd be very happy to help out.

I love the way you think. :beer:

Sounds like a good plan that our country should consider implementing...lol. If you can prove these crimes, punish to the fullest.

I agree with Electrophile on corporal punishment in schools. No teacher better ever let me know they put their hands on my child. Unfortunately, schools are at a point where they need metal detectors and guards to protect the children. Too many deliquients running around, thanks to too many lousy parents.

Flip the switch. <_<

...the fuck?

Did you read my doohickey?

How would

Hard labor and high risk jobs would be better punishment.

...constitute comfortable prison life?

The entire point of my post was that they should suffer.

Lethal injection (the prevelant method used in the US) is basically the perp going to sleep and never waking up. That death isnt suffering....and only wishful religious delusions would assume they receive punishment in the afterlife. Might as well make sure you get a few of your own punches in, get em to clear some afghan minefields and such.

Of course this assumes the death penalty is about serving justice (as it should), and not just a crass way of absolving society of its responsibilities.

Sounds like a good plan that our country should consider implementing...lol. If you can prove these crimes, punish to the fullest.

I agree with Electrophile on corporal punishment in schools. No teacher better ever let me know they put their hands on my child. Unfortunately, schools are at a point where they need metal detectors and guards to protect the children. Too many deliquients running around, thanks to too many lousy parents.

I was whipped in school and look how well I turned out.

...the fuck?

Did you read my doohickey?

How would

...constitute comfortable prison life?

The entire point of my post was that they should suffer.

Lethal injection (the prevelant method used in the US) is basically the perp going to sleep and never waking up. That death isnt suffering....and only wishful religious delusions would assume they receive punishment in the afterlife. Might as well make sure you get a few of your own punches in, get em to clear some afghan minefields and such.

Of course this assumes the death penalty is about serving justice (as it should), and not just a crass way of absolving society of its responsibilities.

I understand how you feel, and I DO see your logic. Problem is, WE are paying for their lives when we don't need to. Prison costs, you know?

If the taxpayers don't foot the bill, fine. Otherwise, shave their genitals off, 1/16th of an inch at a time till they bleed to death. That should take care of the punishment issue. :P

I understand how you feel, and I DO see your logic. Problem is, WE are paying for their lives when we don't need to. Prison costs, you know?

If the taxpayers don't foot the bill, fine. Otherwise, shave their genitals off, 1/16th of an inch at a time till they bleed to death. That should take care of the punishment issue. :P

Steve. With that kind of talk, should I go get a towel for you to wrap around your head??

edited to add:

And for all those people who argue that the death penalty is not an effective deterent to crime, you are missing the whole point of the thing. The death penalty, as is all of our penal code laws, are meant to be PUNATIVE... meant to PUNISH offenders. If the death penalty ever is a deterent for some people, well that's great. But it is only a by-product of the penalty and not why we apply it. The only reason to put a person to death is to punish them for their crimes. To make them pay the ultimate price for the ultimate crime they committed.

I don't like to talk about the details of it but I had a cousin who was brutally murdered in a random act of violence when she was living in California. She was in her early 20's. It destroyed my aunt and grandmother. I was a few years younger than her at the time and, whatever views I might have held about the death penalty being too harsh vanished then. The bastard who killed her languished in a CA prison, at the taxpayers expense, until he eventually succumbed to some sort of illness (the treatment of which also cost the taxpayers money). Any of us in the family would have gladly saved the taxpayers money by taking him out ourselves years before.

I would personally have done this to the monster that murdered my cousin.

I have missed her every day, for more than 20 years. :'(

I don't like to talk about the details of it but I had a cousin who was brutally murdered in a random act of violence when she was living in California. She was in her early 20's. It destroyed my aunt and grandmother. I was a few years younger than her at the time and, whatever views I might have held about the death penalty being too harsh vanished then. The bastard who killed her languished in a CA prison, at the taxpayers expense, until he eventually succumbed to some sort of illness (the treatment of which also cost the taxpayers money). Any of us in the family would have gladly saved the taxpayers money by taking him out ourselves years before.

I would personally have done this to the monster that murdered my cousin.

I have missed her every day, for more than 20 years. :'(

Im sorry to hear this. I have lost many to death but not like this. Lets hope she is in a better place. Im sure she is!

Archived