Why Alison Krauss?

ev, i too like the music from our roots because of my father i grew up on old country cash,hagger, conway twetty, marty robbins also love blue grass emmylu harris, brother where art thou? i have always liked how zep would touch on other types of music. listenning to my brother play guitar sence i was young he touched on all kinds of music even to this day love when he comes over and you can request about anything for him to play, love classical guitar also you should hear some of Slashes playing, most people dont know he plays classical music too.

Yes, there is a LOT of new 'country' music that is fantastic....just not the stuff made by the pretty faces that get all the press (well some are pretty like Alison-but I think you know what I mean)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Du5FguDSzE...feature=related

...it's not that new but what the heck....

Thanks for the clip, I love Iris.

There's a cool version of that song on this 10,000 Maniacs single with Natalie dueting with David Byrne. There's some other good stuff on there too such as a duet with Michael Stipe from R.E.M. on 10,000 Maniacs' Candy Everybody Wants. If I'm not mistaken, all of the bonus cuts from that single are taken from Clinton's Inaugural Ball.

21RHTPDG9VL._SL500_AA130_.jpg

Maybe him and Alison can do some Old and in the Way stuff (even that song)....or some other Peter Rowan songs-or dare I say it-Friend of the Devil or some other rootsy Grateful Dead songs.....

Hate to dump a box of rain on this parade - but if they're going to attempt this they better give all those musicians a kick in the ass and get Plant to stop mumbling...

Here's another one I'd love to see them do:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pJrdmrmKAqQ&feature=related

The subject ties both their worlds together (of course old Jer used to do it too both as bluegrass and a nice electric reggae version)

Jerry Douglas. That guy kills me! What an amazing player! Every time I pop in my Union Station dvd, I just get swept away. B)

June 24th at the Greek. Wish you could be there. :console:

Patio.jpg

WOW now that is the face of excitement!! i know how you feel...i was lucky enough to grab 14th row floors for the show in toronto on july 14th....can't wait!!

have loved alison krauss for about five years now and when i heard she was teaming up with plant i knew it would be amazing....and raising sand turned out to be a beauty....my fav album from 2007 !!

if you want to hear a great alison krauss album you have to pic up "live with union station" from 2002....simply amazing!

cheers

Edited by ohjimmy